TS2019 Drivers; - getting them to do anything.

KotangaGirl

Pre-Grouping Railways Nut
Coming from TS2012 I'm used to right clicking on a driver image and then giving them instructions from the pop-up menu that appears. In TS2019 I click on them and nothing happens and they just to continue to occupy the corner of the screen like dumb slabs of meat. Is there a mysterious way hidden somewhere in the simulator to give them instructions? - or do I have to continue with them uselessly haunting the corner of my screen.

And that's another thing I just had a chap in a red shirt and wearing a baseball cap appear on the footplate of my elegant Edwardian express engine. I know some modern railways have no standards and will employ anybody, but I don't particularly like him being there. Is there a way to make him go away and not come back until he knows how to dress himself properly?

To give a driver a string of commands...

Click on the three-dots on the far right a couple of times. The first two times will be DCC and CAB driving mode. When that disappears, you'll finally get the driver commands bar where you can insert your commands as you need them.

You can create your own drivers by reskinning meshes. How to do that, is beyond my abilities and only remember seeing stuff about it quite a number of years ago.

I don't know about you, but I banished the creepy 3D-drivers in favour of the more traditional images. I prefer not having aliens driving my trains.

You can also Ctrl-right-click on a train and you’ll get a menu. Note: only seems to work if the HUD is on (that maybe a rolling stock issue though).

Many thanks Malc. Was blundering around looking for the way. Hoping it was in the manual but I can't find that either.

Happy New Year to all.

Sellick

Back