Salzburg Model Railroad Club.

It truly is a brilliant piece of work.

Model railway clubs are very active in Germany too.
There's a big German one in the making for Trainz that will be released in 2019 for TRS19 :D
It has 6 different layouts in a big room.
I wonder which nutter decided to make it? :eek:

That does look like quite the model railway to see in person. Unlike others I've seen that have a mishmash of various scenes, this one depicts the surrounding Austrian landscape very well and the scenery appears to blend together very nicely.

It's good to hear the hobby is still alive somewhere and hopefully available for everyone to enjoy. Here, across the pond, the models are terribly expensive including those so-called children's sets. At the last model train show, a dealer had Thomas sets that was going for $100-plus and the little kids were ogling at them, but I'm sure they're not meant for the kids unless they come from the privileged class.

Good luck with your project. Remember to work at it slowly and carefully and to back it up often. The good thing with Trainz is there's no mess, no cat to climb on it and chew the pine trees off the board, and no one else to complain it's taking up valuable space. Ah. The virtues of virtual railroading!

Model Railway clubs are big in Germany, I think if you do an Image search for 'Model Railway xxxx' where xxxx = City you can most likely find a club in pictures.

I started my project back in anno 2015..It ported into TRS19 yesterday without a hitch, so work will continue :)

Remberg-MR-Club.jpg

Back