Routes taking a long time to load

jrfolco

Route Builder
I've been experiencing long wait times for routes to load in TRS19. A route that I'm currently working on (360 MB) took 6 minutes to load, and an older route (Baltimore to Cumberland) which is 670 MB in size took 12 minutes to load. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Joe

Howdy Joe;
I have the same problem. I put a bug report for this problem and the answer I got from the Q & A team is that they had nobody else with this problem and so it must be my computer. I have a Dell Alienware Aurora R6 with Nvidia Geforce Gtx1070 game computer and did not have this problem with the old Tane. I have TRS 19 on my D Drive. I did a game defrag and a extended database repair and that helped a little bit. I hope we get a answer in the future. Good Luck

textrain

The initial load of any route created in a previous version will be the longest due to the route being converted over to the new format. Once saved and going forward, after the initial long load time, the loading process will be much quicker.

In addition to the old route conversion, any assets that are loaded the first time out, are being cached to help speed up operations in-game. Later on the asset caching (precaching) operation will be nearly invisible.

I have a couple of very, very large routes, with one weighing in at nearly 450 MB. The route took about 2 minutes to load instead of 6 minutes on the first go around.

If you are using a regular hard disk, I recommend defragmenting the drive. That really does help with the performance and with data loading times.

Howdy Joe;
I have the same problem. I put a bug report for this problem and the answer I got from the Q & A team is that they had nobody else with this problem and so it must be my computer. I have a Dell Alienware Aurora R6 with Nvidia Geforce Gtx1070 game computer and did not have this problem with the old Tane. I have TRS 19 on my D Drive. I did a game defrag and a extended database repair and that helped a little bit. I hope we get a answer in the future. Good Luck

textrain

If N3V says It's in your computer, then I must have 2 computers with the same problem. In TANE these same 2 routes load in 30 seconds and 1 minute respectively.

Thanks
Joe

Subsequent loads of Routes are usually a lot quicker however, this may help if getting pre-caching.
Developer > Run Trainz utility Command > type prebuild in the box, click OK then go for a coffee break, that should remove the pre-caching element which slows down loading.

The initial load of any route created in a previous version will be the longest due to the route being converted over to the new format. Once saved and going forward, after the initial long load time, the loading process will be much quicker.

In addition to the old route conversion, any assets that are loaded the first time out, are being cached to help speed up operations in-game. Later on the asset caching (precaching) operation will be nearly invisible.

I have a couple of very, very large routes, with one weighing in at nearly 450 MB. The route took about 2 minutes to load instead of 6 minutes on the first go around.

If you are using a regular hard disk, I recommend defragmenting the drive. That really does help with the performance and with data loading times.

Hi John
I've tried loading both routes several times and they seem to be improving slightly, but nowhere near as fast as TANE. Both routes have been loaded into TRS19 numerous times. I have a 1TB SSD hard drive, and it can't be defragmented.

Thanks
Joe

Subsequent loads of Routes are usually a lot quicker however, this may help if getting pre-caching.
Developer > Run Trainz utility Command > type prebuild in the box, click OK then go for a coffee break, that should remove the pre-caching element which slows down loading.

Hi Malc
I ran the Trainz Utility Command typing in "prebuild", and I'm now down to 2 minutes on the smaller route, and 4 minutes on the larger route.

Thanks,
Joe

Hi Malc
I ran the Trainz Utility Command typing in "prebuild", and I'm now down to 2 minutes on the smaller route, and 4 minutes on the larger route.

Thanks,
Joe

That makes me wonder if N3V Devs still haven't enabled the precaching automatically yet and that will occur when the final release is out, that is, if this isn't the final release.

That makes me wonder if N3V Devs still haven't enabled the precaching automatically yet and that will occur when the final release is out, that is, if this isn't the final release.

I'm presuming not for those of us who patched from the Beta or Early build as was evident by pre-caching messages on loading builtin / DLC routes.

Should in theory be on the downloaded version, however possibly not as it's the same build.

Back