First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Cartoonish" doesn't really give us sufficient information to either make any changes or explain what options are available to change things. Are you talking about colour? Shadows? Something else?

Perhaps point out the differences on specific assets, with a comment like "the one on the left is brighter/lighter/washed out/something else".
Here is your UK

trs19_58.jpg

Here is UK on Railworks on the original 2009 Settle and Carlisle at the same hour.

settle_1.jpg

settle_2.jpg

TRS2019 is over cooked,over processed and washed out.

Harold

Last edited:
Well it doesn't help that the Cornish route in the scene depicted seems to have a uniform wash of ballast texture across the lot - it looks like a beach. As I pointed out either earlier in this thread or maybe it was another, the real track bed looks anything but like that. A few wipes of different colour, maybe a dirt texture or some weeds in the gap, heck even just the same texture but applied with different sizes, maybe the odd piece not swirled; would transform that scene.

images.jpg

a34e439fbc9ba191377962240cbc9abd.jpg

Happy new Year from the muppets, Amazing how they resemble real life characters on the spot in a funny way!
Still love them so funny so innocent and clumsy....:hehe:

1. Calling criticism "nasty and sarcastic" just cause you don't agree with it is childish.

2. Opinions cannot be inherently correct or incorrect.

Try again, Roy.

a very select small group from another sim forum (on which i noticed many locked threads over the years) orchestrate every year posts like we see again and again. I know you are part of that sim club so referring to 1 which is a gif from the muppet show laughing about things so turning their(not meant bad wording) words if i am saying is childish i would say.
2. the continued posting is not anymore about having an opinion but a way to distract the trainz community from having a real good time with TRS19.
I do and for sure 99% of the community does to.
I made my point and have a happy trainzing TRS19 year which is what it is all about and your group go to your sim and try bark there but for sure you get locked and banned.

TRS19 i used more than 2 years and is the best ever trainz release I have had my hands on!

Roy

I am with you Roy. I am one of the 99%. Here is wishing you a Happy New Year and thanks for the nifty routes you produced.

a very select small group from another sim forum (on which i noticed many locked threads over the years) orchestrate every year posts like we see again and again. I know you are part of that sim club so referring to 1 which is a gif from the muppet show laughing about things so turning their(not meant bad wording) words if i am saying is childish i would say.
2. the continued posting is not anymore about having an opinion but a way to distract the trainz community from having a real good time with TRS19.
I made my point and have a happy trainzing TRS19 year which is what it is all about and your group go to your sim and try bark there but for sure you get locked and banned.

TRS19 i used more than 2 years and is the best ever trainz release I have had my hands on!

Roy
Trainz has no standing outside of the base group.

I post about issues that are inherently a non-selling point outside that loyal following.

The reason Trainz has such a small staff to work on the game is that it only sells to the base group.

Trainz resides in a very small echo bubble.

Telling yourselves the game is great doesn't expand the market.

I have multiple Trainz versions on my computer that do the things I want.

Harold

Last edited:

Roy

Well put Roy always seems to be the same few complaining here and there but never actually stay there where they are happiest, TRS19 is the best so far.
Cheers Mick.

Oh boy, where do i begin.

I'd like to know what "sim group" you're referring to, Roy. I'm not active on TrainSim.com, UKTrainSim.com, RailworksAmerica, or any other train-simulation forum to my knowledge.

Saying people like me, Vern, and Harold are trying to "distract people from liking TRS19" is simply not true. You can love TRS19 all you want, and i certainly don't want you to stop loving TRS19. Frankly, i'm glad that people can find enjoyment in a product while i cannot. I don't criticize it because people like it, i criticize it because i believe the game isn't as good as it could have been.

Saying "TRS19 you love it" is silly considering that statement, at least for me and the other two gents mentioned above, isn't true simply cause you say it is. Stop trying to tell me that i like TRS19. You are in no position to make my decisions for me, so please stop acting as such. Basically, don't put words in my mouth.

I am allowed to post my opinion here as long as i do not personally attack any members, and i have not. Please, do not tell me to stop criticizing TRS19 just because you like it.

tl;dr You can love TRS19 as much as you want Roy. Please refrain from telling me either to like it or that i do like it and won't admit it.

I think we did this dance during TANE.

Yes, we also did it when TS12 came out, and TS2009/2010 before that. I even remember complaints about TRS2006 "destroying" all the good work that had been created for TRS2004. Alas, my memories do not stretch back further than that.

Different people have different opinions on what is best or what was better for them, I have no problems with people complaining about "this or that" in TRS19, it is not perfect and never will be. Neither were any of the others but it is those who insist that a product has to be "perfect" and "bug free" before a newer product is released that have me shaking my head. Each of the products in my Trainz timeline above has been an improvement on its predecessor and yes, new bugs have been introduced along with new features.

But, again, everyone has an opinion on what is/was good and what is/bad bad about every new release and often those opinions are diametrically opposed or are off on completely different tangents to each other. What I like and dislike about TRS19 will be different from what others like and dislike, neither opinion is better or inferior to the others.

I think we did this dance during TANE.

Same old, same old.

Harold
Not with me you didn't.
The only 'same old' is the whining I hear from the same old people, thinly disguised as "we only want the game to be better"
Live with what we have and enjoy it for what it is. If you can't do that, don't let the door hit you too hard on the way out.
(hands to the front waitng for the forum police to cuff me)
Graeme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back