First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPL

TRS2019 has been released too early, it still needs a massive polishing: 2-D vegetation close to the tracks (the winner is Edinburgh-Dundee with tons of disgracious bushes coupled with almost transparent vegetation that ruin realism), floating bushes (Cornish Mainline and Branches), weird sky with one dark blue half (Sebino Lake - it has been reported months ago) and above all is Niddertalbahn in which all bugs from initial version are stille there (floating people, clocks, wires, rectangles in the sky, and so on). Lack of superelevation (banking) too.

Don't judge the product by the included example routes - as you full well know, it is possible to create new routes for yourself that avoid all of these misdemeanors!
The underlying product is vastly superior to all Trainz predecessors and any other serious Railroad Sim.
Superelevation is still there...

Last edited:
But seriously, you could "polish" a product forever and it would still never be perfect for release. N3V provide the program code, the DLS and DLC sites, the Help Desk, Trainz Wiki and video tutorial sites. Virtually everything else including the content on the DLS, DLC and much of the built in assets, are created by users.

Oh PC_Ace, I think the most important are scripts ( rules, signals, interactive MIN's and stations, time, hud)

Different things are important to different people, pretty much impossible to satisfy everyone.

Different things are important to different people, pretty much impossible to satisfy everyone.

Yes i agree, we are different, but TANE and TRS19 didn't solved the problems with scripts, which are basically important for playability. From my memory no one of the built in sessions don't use time and interactive industry or schedule library.

Last edited:
TRS2019 has been released too early, it still needs a massive polishing: 2-D vegetation close to the tracks (the winner is Edinburgh-Dundee with tons of dis gracious bushes coupled with almost transparent vegetation that ruin realism), floating bushes (Cornish Mainline and Branches), weird sky with one dark blue half (Sebino Lake - it has been reported months ago) and above all is Niddertalbahn in which all bugs from initial version are still there (floating people, clocks, wires, rectangles in the sky, and so on). Lack of supererogation (banking) too.

I guess this could be a little "off putting" for some. While we can't expect N3V to check ever square meter of ground on any of the Built In or DLC Payware Route, you would atleast expect them to pickup (& correct) any obvious blunders/errors, before releasing the "Official Release Version".

As a suggestion, does someone want to start a "specific thread" that users of TS2019 RC can use to point out to N3V, theses errors/faults/blunders (whatever you want to call them), so it would make it easier for N3V to correct them before TS2019 final "release version" is officially launched.

As I understand things, Built-In Routes are going to be clone-able, then editable. That's great, because now one can correct any obvious error and make changes that one wants to any of the built-in routes and sessions. (more polishing, if required)...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
As a suggestion, does someone want to start a "specific thread" that users of TS2019 RC can use to point out to N3V, theses errors/faults/blunders (whatever you want to call them), so it would make it easier for N3V to correct them before TS2019 final "release version" is officially launched.

Robert3a0, the creator of the Cornish Mainline and Branches route and session, has already done this at https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-Cornish-Mainline-Source-Route-Rectifications. Now that is what I call real user support from a creator who really cares about his product, even though it is not payware.

My first impression is that TS19 is really good. Gave it a good run today and I am pleased as pudding so far, even moving in most of my TANE data is smooth. (Gotta pull my created routes and deps.) There are few issues about some assets going legit faulty and I will iron out these kinks as I go. 9.5/10 so far...

Downloaded TRS19 gold subscription a few days ago. Spent much of this time 'getting to know you'. Impressed with track profile addition to driver. Overall appearance much improved over TANE and it is likely, at least for me, will take preference over TANE for route construction. Lots of downloads to do, which took many hours.

Have been working on the Southern Region - Brighton Line for the past six months in TANE but will complete it, and release it, as a TRS19 route. Yet to see how my previous Blue Mountains Line, built in TANE, looks like in TRS19 but this will be my next project in bringing it into line with TRS19.

Overall my thinking is that I really like it and developing new routes is going to be a far better end product than has been so far. .

Cheers,
Val.

Well I was hanging out for the boxed version watching the pension money but it's Christmas.
My Daughters gave me the cash to go TRS2019 Gold so I did
Game downloaded and installed without any problems & imported the first months content
Imported my Route and Session from Tane without problems & found some problems in both with some content.
Went back into Tane and corrected the errors.Deleted both out of TS2019 and reinstalled updated CDP's
Only 2 unknowns imported to be error free in both Route and Session
Tane was a touch on the dull foggy side and TRS2019 is quite similar for this route if anything it may need to be a bit brighter but not bothered at the moment
Checked out all the Built in routes they look great,they will provide some ideas to add to my route
From the time I installed to getting my route and session in plus downloading all content required from the DLS took about 6hrs roughly
All in all at the moment I'm rather pleased with it

Dave

+1 to OP. This is premium price software and should be polished to reflect that. We should not be getting slightly tarted up freeware routes culled from the DLS, many with significant issues (see my comments in the Beta forum re the BR style signage on the so called "1930's Cornish Main Line) with TRS2006 (or earlier) era loco and rolling stock which is then passed off as brand new content! Final package definitely not worth £55, in the final analysis and it will be a long time if at all before I part with that sum of money for any future version of Trainz.

Have went back to TANE SP2. Supports CMTM, CarTagger, no-DRM and the Speedtrees I use on legacy routes look good.

Lose Raildriver but without CMTM and CarTagger have no reason to open Trainz up.

Doesn't look all that bad.

ek3_tane_1.jpg

In TANE the sun doesn't look like everywhere is southern Sudan, when I said "WOW" at the beginning of TRS2019 a good look could be achieved.

Now we are stuck with the present bleached look. The Environment setting and brightness slider is less effective than the first Beta.

Harold

boleyd - N3V have made some subtle changes to the default settings for the Environmental Settings in response to beta tester feedback (including yours), but you still have full control over the lighting and shadows environment. Much more control than is/ was ever possible in T:ANE.
All you need to do is to refine your mastery over the TRS19 control settings and make sure that you are optimising your contrast and brightness settings appropriately for your output device/ monitor.
Suggest revisit the tutorials and wikis on this matter.

Have to agree with Harold, going back to TANE at this point like putting on an old reliable pair of hiking boots that fit well and pound away the miles, as opposed to the new pair that pinch and scrape your heels no matter how much you try to break them in, soap the interiors etc!

Vern/ Boleyd - Heh! Funnily enough, I seem to recall that you two made similar dire prognostications about T:ANE when it first came into your possession and about how good its predecessor was by comparison. (Check your own historic forum posts to see what I'm saying...!)

Shame, the game really looked good in the initial Beta.

trs19ek3_02.jpg

That look is unachievable in the present form.

Same scene same settings.

2019_now.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back