Selecting minimum curve radius and enforcing it

horacefithers

I've searched the forum and used google but couldn't find an answer to this.

Big long trains look best on big curves. I'd like to build a route where curve radii don't drop below 350 meters on mainline.

Is there a feature in Trainz 2019 that will let me know AS I'm bending the track splines that I've made a curve too tight? Maybe turn the spline line red?

And (if it's not there yet) and RFE might be allowing different track spec's in different layers: mainline layer, yard layer, industrial track layer, etc. that spec's min radius, track style/size, max gradient, etc?

Regards,
H.Fithers

Let curve templates be your helper. In fact, to get proper curves they are essential.

My favourite is "90d_100-400m Template". Others include "Curve radius ... ".

Phil

:wave: Thank you Philskene for the name of those templates,

I only had 3 from another Author, but with this particular set, well, I think I'm set straight for the duration of Trainz, :hehe: There certainly but be any excuse now for an ought whack Curve......

;) Now I can go back and check some of those exotic Curves I've made too see if they can use some adjustment.........

Well ... Good luck with all those "Hard To Use" templates ... I have a way easier solution to making curves, with curve easement transitions, with none of that nonsensical stuff

PM or use Skype: cascaderailroad

Back