Trainz Route Workz Cumbres & Toltec - Missing Track

railtone

While I'm not new to Trainz, this is my first post, so a big "Hello" to the community and "Thank You" in advance to anyone who can assist me.

I have TS12 and recently become enamored with narrow gauge content now available. I downloaded the C&TS route from trainzrouteworkz.weebly.com and am having this problem; the track is missing. All other content looks good; scenery, landscape, buildings, trees, roadbed, etc., Where the track should be are dashed white lines.

I ensured I downloaded the correct TS12 route file and dependency file. Everything installed with no errors (I used Content Manager). I've searched the forum here and didn't see anyone with a similar issue. I realize this is an older route and many have moved on to T:ANE, so hopefully someone familiar with the TS12 route is out there. I also posted a question via their "contact us" form but uncertain if anyone monitors it or not.

Welcome to the forums.

You don't show TS12 in your timeline so you may want to contact the helpdesk via the link above if you have in fact registered the program on your My Trainz page.

Now you say CM shows nothing missing?

Do you see white dashed lines in Surveyor?

There is a way to fix that using this method shown below. It requires some "surgery", but with your Trainzing experience, I think you can handle this. You will need to download PEV's Images2TGA. you can get that from Shane Turner. Look for his sticky at the top of the forum page, and click on his signature. He has links to the stuff you need.

The dashed white lines isn't "a missing asset" - it's the asset that Trainz turns to when it can't find the asset it is supposed to draw there. These white lines are, in themselves, an asset. You can find this asset in CM. It's called "Missing spline", and it's by Rob. Open it for edit. Change the KUID from <kuid:523:1124> to <kuid2:523:1124:1>, and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0") Then install that asset as if it were a new asset - e.g. drag the folder from windows explorer back onto the CM interface. Once it's installed, revert the original one (you can't commit changes to it as it's a built-in asset). Result: The dashed white lines now show up in the menu, and can be selected just like any other track spline. You could lay some down if you wanted. More to the point, you can now use the 'replace items' tool to change them to any track spline you have installed...

I will add to this. When you install the folder, use the install content option. This will save so much time. Also don't panic when the creator is shown as AURAN. I hope this helps some one.

Notes:

<kuid2:523:1124:1> ==== Update from <kuid2:523:1124:2> to <kuid2:523:1124:3> for T:ANE. All other procedures apply.

Need to change .texture file using PEV's Images2TGA.

Thank you JCitron. I'll definitely check my profile and ensure it gets updated. I've not done much with it, as you can tell, since I first registered as I am a pretty irregular visitor here (I'll need to work on that!).

Yes, the white dashed lines show in Surveyor when I click "Edit" on the route. I'll fiddle around further in CM and make sure I havn't missed any errors. If not, I'll certainly try your steps and post my experience here.

Thanks again!
Kris

I forgot to add, in between a phone call, that once you can edit/change the white spline lines, you can now use the bulk update/replace/delete tool to substitute the white lines for actual track. Be careful when doing this because the white lines spline replaces all spline-object including roads, fence, power lines, grass splines, etc., and you an end up with track where you're not supposed to have it.

When and if you get around to replacing the white splines, the utility is located under the File menu in Surveyor.

I discovered something I wasn't expecting. Long story short, I was missing assets. I thought the dependency cdp file I downloaded would have all the assets necessary and install them localyl. It turns out 80 assess must be downloaded from the DLS (marked so in CM). I've begun doing this and can already tell this will resolve the issue. I'm off and running and now working on obtaining narrow gauge locomotives and rolling stock.

Thanks again for your replies JCitron. The explanation you provided is something I'm sure to refer to in the future and possibly utilize.

Regards,
railtone

I discovered something I wasn't expecting. Long story short, I was missing assets. I thought the dependency cdp file I downloaded would have all the assets necessary and install them localyl. It turns out 80 assess must be downloaded from the DLS (marked so in CM). I've begun doing this and can already tell this will resolve the issue. I'm off and running and now working on obtaining narrow gauge locomotives and rolling stock.

Thanks again for your replies JCitron. The explanation you provided is something I'm sure to refer to in the future and possibly utilize.

Regards,
railtone

Hey that's good news. I'm glad you got the route up and running. There's some nice 3 ft 6 in equipment up there. Check out the assets by Pencil42 and others.

You're welcome....

Back