What Now? Beta vs Official release version

1611mac

- - . -
With TS19's official release I'm not sure what to do. I've been getting my TS19 updates from the "beta" stream.

Should I download and install the official release now or just keep current with the "beta" stream? Will beta's keep coming?

If I choose to stop beta's and I set download path to "TRS 19" should I first download the official release from my account?

Congrat's on the release!

Last edited:
It appears the official release isn't out there yet. I just checked the update stream and there is nothing available unless we have to download the official version from our My Trainz accounts.

To be honest I would wait and see how things are going first and let others get their feet stuck in the mud. Besides, the beta versions generally don't expire right away.

The update process is simple and generally doesn't break anything, but as always do backups first of any installed data to prevent Mr. Murphy O'Law from fixing things on you.

Edit:

The only build available, after checking my My Trainz account is in fact the same build you already have installed.

The PC versions is 98592, which is the same as the RC1 release we got the other day.

USA DOWNLOAD SERVERS

Download size: 12.5GB
Platform: PC
Build: 98592

Full Installer

Sorry I don't now what's available for the Mac

Last edited:
To clarify things here, we released 98592 through the beta stream as a final check that everything was ok.

We then provided a TRS19 patch for non-beta users up to 98592.

So even though you got to this build by using the TRS19 Beta stream, you have patched to the exact same build as if you had used the TRS19 stream.

You can choose to leave your patcher on the beta stream as we will be releasing any new updates through there first.

I hope that helps :)

Thank you for your time and answer Tony. I suspected just that but wanted to make sure. Thanks for your hard work and doubtless endless hours.

Back