Congratulations - it's a 2019 railroad simulator!

Compares with the TANE Deluxe cost which was $69.99 until recently approximately £55. Standard was a cut down version so cheaper
There are Games now costing double the cost of TRS19. Also a pensioner and not having a problem with the cost.

Hmm, I think that statement is a bit smug, a little crass even. There are some pensioners in the UK, even in this day and age, relying solely on the meagre UK State Pension. I too am a pensioner, luckily with private pensions but I'd have to think hard about parting with £55+ for this somewhat, as yet, beta-ish product!

Sometime in the future it will probably be discounted, maybe then I'll give it some consideration!

Rob.

Last edited:
I installed TRS2019 from the Offline Installer (12GB download), then only "Kickstarter County 2" is installed, all five other routes have to be downloaded (at snail speed)! I had to cancel and it restarted from zero. Then I got the message: "Server Connection Interrupted". Let's keep calm...

Congratulations are in order for the MacOS version, which now runs better on my MacBook Pro than
the Windows version does on my PC - in both cases with the same external Radeon RX Vega 56 card
in a Sonnet eGFX 550 Thunderbolt-3 enclosure (separately, so as not to invalidate the license).

Just an example: the Dundee - Kings Cross session crashes the Windows version almost
immediately, but runs flawlessly on the Mac. Same with some of the CPR Rocky Mountain
sessions. To be sure, I even reinstalled the Windows version, but still no dice.

This is probably due to inadequate support of the Vega 56 in (the) Windows (version of TRS19).

Anyway, I'm feeling sufficiently confident to get rid of my PC now that the macOS version of the
Trainz franchise has reached maturity with TRS19. Well done N3V!

Congrats on the release team!

I must say, this 'early access' didn't go down a route I was predicting. Not because of bad intent, but only a few Early Access titles live up to their hype and end goal. Trainz 2019, now goes on that list of those who complete their Early Access goals, and release a 1.0 in a reasonable time frame since start of Early Access. My hats off to you for that alone. Plus you didn't go on Steam in EA, which saved your image too and stuck to only the die hard fans by going site only.

Few things still in 19 that I think are still very much shake my head decisions, I.E. the lighting still and the 2004 level sky box still, 130 locos sure, but only 1/4 if that are even PBR-standard to 19 level.

Still though it is miles, and light years ahead from TS12 form where I was in October The UI/UX, updated engine, shadows, lighting when its highly tweaked, responsive engine now and not a sluggish spaghetti coded software mess that is 12. I can, and won't and will never go back. $70 is a pill to swallow, and I 9000% disagree with its price, but $15 a month so far... is paying off for me. The content vault surprised me a bit, and got me routes I would not have thrown $30-40 at.

Congrats and GJ Dev team, Hope to see just as frequent updates as did in EA, and more content soon! Enjoy a beer on my $15 a month and have a good holiday!

Last edited:
Having just visited the shop, I was shocked to see the price of $69.99 (about £55 at today's exchange rate). If I remember correctly I paid about £30 for TANE. As a pensioner I shall have to think very carefully about upgrading.

I was in the same situation as you regarding affordabilty, but, I was 68 on Wednesday and my 4 sons gifted me the money for the purchase. I also got the free 3 month FCT :)
So I am a lucky man :)
Just to add, I paid by PayPal and it cost me £57.52.
If TRS19 lasts me 2 years then that works out at £0.55 a week, that's cheap entertainment for you :D

To N3V,
Congratulations on your new product,
although I am still learning the ropes for TRS19,
I am very impressed at what I am seeing in front of me.

The old Edison lightbulb has been replaced by a modern LED light
:)

Edited to add, big thanks to all of the members that tested the pre-release versions for us :)

Last edited:
Congrats N3V,

it's a pleasure to do content for this awesome piece of software. My tribute is right on track :)

PS: This quality is not the end of that what TRS2019 is capable of, promised.

2018-12-13%20083741.jpg

Happy Christmas to all at N3V that have made this amazing piece of workmanship possible.

Yes - it may be £55 (unless you choose the Annual Membership option) but if you get as much pleasure out of this hobby as I do, then it's worth every penny! (I think John (teddytoot) what we're seeing is (a) the effect of the Exchange Rate since the EU Referendum and (b) the switchover of Trainz pricing in US Dollars. (Australian Dollars always seemed kinder to us Brits.)

2piu52.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on release!

That said, I guess I'll be waiting until next year to purchase, so that my game does not become infected with the Hudson. Did an entire trainload of passengers key the tender? Did someone return from 1982 to provide the hideous Arial font? Why did they mask the rivets? How exactly do those hex-center drivers and bearing-less rods function?

Last edited:
Congrats N3V

TRS19 has brought me back to Trainz. In addition to buying Trainz, I have bought software/plugins and a Mavic pro drone to take shots from above (to create groundtextures and to take shots up in the treetops:eek:) The money I have spent is well worth the investment when I see the potential TRS19 has. I eager to make 3D trees and other stuff (all freeware) using all the new features.

If it rain or snow I don't care as I'm well situated infront of my PC with a warm cup of coffee...

Jan

Other than to save an additional $50 per year on the TS19 subscription ... Why would anyone want to only purchase the Silver subscription, over that of the Gold subscription ?

It seems that the Gold subscription has so much more to offer, over that of the Silver subscription ?

My main question is: "After 366 days, what exactly disappears, if you do not renew your subscription for another year" ?

1) Does the Game shut off completely, and no longer function ?

2) Does all your purchased DLC shut off ?

3) Do all the routes that you have created evaporate and disappear ?

4) Should you renew you subscription on the 370th day, or even later on the following year on the 722nd day, do all your evaporated/shut off DLC assets, and your self created routes magically reappear ? ? ?

5) Do all your previously purchased DLC, purchased years ago, still function in TS19, after your yearly subscription expires, and your yearly subscription is not renewed ?

Last edited:
Congratulations on the birth of TRS2019.

It was a much easier birth than other versions and many light years ahead of where it all began. I started my Trainz journey in December 2003 and the program has come a long way since those earlier days, but in some ways it's still the same, which means it still has that comfy feeling for me and probably many of us long time members as well.

But, but as always there are things to improve and truly make this the best version yet such as a fix put in to prevent sunlight from passing through cab walls. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but it should be fixed. I have a feeling it's normals related, but maybe a global setting can be created, a tag perhaps built into the program code that works to prevent the light and shadows from passing through the walls. It's odd seeing bright light coming across the window frame and dashboard, aka the control stand, when there is no window in the back. A global fix would be the easier way, for the content creators anyway, to resolve this issue.

All and all I'm quite pleased of where we are now, and TRS2019 represents what T:ANE was supposed be on release, albeit, a half-dozen or more years later.

I have to say,the game is quite good now with computer upgrades to a EVGA GTX1060,3.0GHZ quad core CPU,and a 500W power supply,now I can start seeing all the fuss. But although most of the graphics and sounds are like you would suspect from a 2019 game,the derailments are from a 1985 game! I don't mean to be offensive,but that's what they look like to me even on realistic derailments on. But I do personally think that the "Other routes you may like:" thing will be very annoying. Over all now I will give the game a 7/10 and a B. Good job on it.

Last edited:
Congratulations are in order for the MacOS version, which now runs better on my MacBook Pro than
the Windows version does on my PC - in both cases with the same external Radeon RX Vega 56 card
in a Sonnet eGFX 550 Thunderbolt-3 enclosure (separately, so as not to invalidate the license).

Just an example: the Dundee - Kings Cross session crashes the Windows version almost
immediately, but runs flawlessly on the Mac. Same with some of the CPR Rocky Mountain
sessions. To be sure, I even reinstalled the Windows version, but still no dice.

This is probably due to inadequate support of the Vega 56 in (the) Windows (version of TRS19).

Anyway, I'm feeling sufficiently confident to get rid of my PC now that the macOS version of the
Trainz franchise has reached maturity with TRS19. Well done N3V!

That's very good news, amazing it works with the egpu !!!!
i always hold off for about 6 months before adopting a new version to give time for all the bugs to be ironed out, and since I am building a route that no doubt has masses of assets that wont work in the new version anyway I am not changing my policy yet, but glad to see that MAC version is ok as that hasn't always been the case. .

Congrats Tony and the hardworking team at N3V well done and i hope you all enjoy the Chrissy break.
Cheers Mick.:)

...a new version to give time for all the bugs to be ironed out, and since I am building a route that no doubt has masses of assets that wont work

If it works in TANE it pretty much will work in TRS19. And bug for bug, right now TRS19 is probably one release ahead of TANE (which will catch up to TRS19 when we release the next TANE update in early 2019).

Others can probably chime in here with their experience, but TRS19 is the most stable version of Trainz we've released.

Having just visited the shop, I was shocked to see the price of $69.99 (about £55 at today's exchange rate). If I remember correctly I paid about £30 for TANE. As a pensioner I shall have to think very carefully about upgrading.

Hey John, I'm also a pensioner at 80 years of age and I'm pretty sure there is not much enjoyment going on after you've left this earth.
I'm also sure we can't take any cash with us, so I'm happy to spend what I've got before I go, particularly on a hobby that I love.
I intend to enjoy my remaining life. Maybe you'd like some added happiness in your life.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Back