Reset Route Environment Date to Today

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
Hello,

Looked for this and could not find it. When editing a Route in TANE, once I change the date under 'Edit Environment' it seems that the Route always has that date. If I create a new Route and never change the date, every time I open the Route it has today's date (changes and keeps current with the actual date).

My question is how to reset the Route date so it will change with the actual date (today) ?

The environment settings only work inside a SESSION, not a ROUTE.

So I have 2 Routes, I am not saving the Sessions.

Route 1, I never have changed the Environment Settings. Every time I open the Route it has today's date.

Route 2, I changed the Environment Settings to a date in the past. Now that Route always has that date.

I want to have Route 2's date set back to always be today's date when I open it. How do I do that?

Again. I am at the Route level. I have deleted all the Sessions.

I have two routes of my own creation that I have edited and saved in TRS19. Loading one of those routes into Surveyor for editing, without any session, the date in the environment tools is always today's date. If I load a session into Surveyor, where I have set the environment tools (but I had not set the date tool), it always shows today's date.

If I load a session from any of the above routes where I had previously set the date environment tool, the date shown on loading into Surveyor is the date that I had set, not today's date.

This is exactly how I would expect it to work.

If I load into a Surveyor a route that I had not created or edited, I get a different date (not today's) shown.

Addendum: If I load in the route only, where I have created and saved a session with a set date in the environment tool, the date shown in the route is always today's date. Only when I load in the session does it show the set date.

To answer your question, it does not matter what date is shown in the route, the session date, when it is loaded into driver (and you cannot run a route without a session), will take precedence.

Last edited:
Okay, then how do you get the Session date to be today after you have set it to be another date? I changed the date in the Route and now it's #Bleeped#

I have two routes of my own creation that I have edited and saved in TRS19. Loading one of those routes into Surveyor for editing, without any session, the date in the environment tools is always today's date. If I load a session into Surveyor, where I have set the environment tools (but I had not set the date tool), it always shows today's date.

If I load a session from any of the above routes where I had previously set the date environment tool, the date shown on loading into Surveyor is the date that I had set, not today's date.

I get all this, my question is how do you undo this ? It seems once you do it, your done.

It changes the seasonal assets, like the apple and cherry trees, and some of the ground textures

Again, that does not matter in the route. To run Driver mode you have to load a Session and it is the date setting in the Session that will determine whether the apple and cherry trees are in bloom or bare of leaves.

Some examples:

1. I have a route with two Sessions, one set during daylight hours and the other at late at night. What time should the Route show when I load it into Surveyor? Time is set by one of several Session rules and not the Environment tools but the principle is still the same. If I want to see how the Route looks at night then I load the night Session into Surveyor.
  2. If I had Sessions that were set in different seasons (which really makes no sense in my climate), which one should the Route show when loaded into Surveyor? There are no specific "winter only" or "spring only" assets that are only visible during those seasons. When you load a Route only into Surveyor, those assets with seasonal characteristics will show the season for the current date (as discussed in an earlier post). If you want to see how they will look in winter then you load the winter Session into Surveyor.

I rarely ever load just the Route into Surveyor for editing so the issue you are raising in this thread is never a problem.

Again, that does not matter in the route. To run Driver mode you have to load a Session and it is the date setting in the Session that will determine whether the apple and cherry trees are in bloom or bare of leaves.

I rarely ever load just the Route into Surveyor for editing so the issue you are raising in this thread is never a problem.

So let's say for example, I want a Session to load with the current date and time, so everytime I run it it will be a different date and time (actually only care about the date). Lets call it a 'My Seasonal Session'. It this possible? I'm sure if someone can answer my original question, it would be applicable to editing either the Route and the Session Environments. So is there a Seasonal Session Rule to set Date to Today?

So let's say for example, I want a Session to load with the current date and time, so everytime I run it it will be a different date and time (actually only care about the date). Lets call it a 'My Seasonal Session'. It this possible?

From Post #5 above.

If I load a session into Surveyor, where I have set the environment tools (but I had not set the date tool), it always shows today's date..

So is there a Seasonal Session Rule to set Date to Today?

Not that I am aware of, but check at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Session_Rules_By_Categories_With_Properties

Thank you, great page, never saw this before. There are 2-3 rules there that might work. Is there a way to inject today's date as a variable into these rules. They all seem static (ie you must specify an actual setting, not something dynamic)

Either way, thank you again for the info. Or better yet, do you know of a page that shows how to create a Session Rule script? Maybe I could clone one of these rules and add the dynamic 'Today's Date' variable? If there is no such thing and I could make it, I would share it freely.

Is there a way to inject today's date as a variable into these rules. They all seem static (ie you must specify an actual setting, not something dynamic)

Or better yet, do you know of a page that shows how to create a Session Rule script? Maybe I could clone one of these rules and add the dynamic 'Today's Date' variable? If there is no such thing and I could make it, I would share it freely.

Alas, I cannot help you with any of those questions - scripting is not an area that I have any experience with.

Back