Final Release Candidate version is now available via the TRS19 Beta patch stream

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Final Release Candidate version is now available via the TRS19 Beta patch stream:

PC - TRS19 RC1 98510 to TRS19 98592
Mac - TRS19 RC1 98509 to TRS19 98569

Thanks once again to all our beta testers who helped us squish bugs and ensure that this will be the smoothest Trainz launch ever, delivering the best Trainz product ever!

Thanks Tony,

I updated my PC and Mac builds from RC1 without incident. 14MB download, no additional downloads auto-queued, and no assertions enabled per the launcher. I've only had a couple of moments to run it so no immediately obvious show-stoppers on launch.

Any notes on key fixes we should be validating in the build?

Thanks!
Diego

Healesville still shows the ugly black patches alongside the track that it never had before. But now most of the loco has disappeared.
y4mSqalPYAldVyDUSQKenABDLDp-xm4uMb9owYoTMYyGeKOSSt18Mw0fgk842AtS_da60o09yfo8wcrW5oLJfQhM9mDUB4LS_xBrNIKsJeKe-IDzd6R-bkmbT_IgNm0rIQEOzf2pu9WksOwUJtUAeZe-z5krmZnMMX1Yc1LaHagPcpA6p-dJZPSjHk8GtFMr1Ov9Wfl_Xj6HiX_rhxoMt20jA

Bob, I'm not seeing any of that. No ugly black patches and the locos (at least the ones I have seen - the Red "DD" class?) are all complete.

The patch downloaded and installed quickly on my sloooooow ADSL2+ link and for the first time I can remember, the auto DBR took a lot longer than the download.

So far everything is looking good.

But now most of the loco has disappeared.

Try reloading the route/session. Most likely it is just compiling the shaders.

Any notes on key fixes we should be validating in the build?

No - mostly just housekeeping stuff, so functionally the same as the previous one (in theory).

Last edited:
No - mostly just housekeeping stuff, so functionally the same as the previous one (in theory).
Actually I do see one fix for an interface issue. The main menu content displays now correctly show routes that are owned / not owned when you apply that filter. It didn't seem to know the difference before :)

Diego

Bob, I'm not seeing any of that. No ugly black patches and the locos (at least the ones I have seen - the Red "DD" class?) are all complete.
<kuid2:103475:200:2> VR V class Compound (consist as per the selection shown in the image). Displays the same in CM preview and My Content. The red one seem OK. Shaders need to be ultra to see the problem in the terrain. This is one route that did not deserve PBR.

Last edited:
<kuid2:103475:200:2> VR V class Compound - definitely no problems here. I suggest opening the item for edit then Revert to original and/or a database rebuild.
Alternatively, it could be that your shaders did not build correctly, so closing TRS19, deleting your /cache folder, then restarting should resolve the problem you're seeing.

Regarding the route, obviously porting things into a new system can require a little bit of tweaking to sort out. Zec is in the process of updating the route to take advatange of the TRS19 features.

Meanwhile, you can tweak the route yourself by either replacing
<kuid2:124060:21036:4> PBR Scrub4b with <kuid2:661281:85062:2> PBR Grass 2 - Seasonal or with a non-PBR texture. Just clone the route and edit away.

Patched up smoothly. Not time yet to run anything. When I get a chance I look at the route mentioned here.

Meanwhile -- where is the "present" advertised?

Regarding the route, obviously porting things into a new system can require a little bit of tweaking to sort out. Zec is in the process of updating the route to take advatange of the TRS19 features
Tony,
Do you mean that the black boxes on this route are currently expected beaviour? I’m seeing those as well despite cache clearing and extended database repair as suggested.

The locomotive mentioned looks fine though.

thanks,
diego

<kuid2:103475:200:2> VR V class Compound - definitely no problems here. I suggest opening the item for edit then Revert to original
No change.
... and/or a database rebuild.
No change.
Alternatively, it could be that your shaders did not build correctly, so closing TRS19, deleting your /cache folder, then restarting should resolve the problem you're seeing.
No change. I waited until all on-screen messages and wait indicators had completed, so if shaders were still compiling then they were doing it very silently.
Meanwhile, you can tweak the route yourself by either replacing <kuid2:124060:21036:4> PBR Scrub4b with <kuid2:661281:85062:2> PBR Grass 2 - Seasonal or with a non-PBR texture. Just clone the route and edit away.
Or just ignore it. Why are you releasing this route at this time if it isn't ready? Why are beta testers asked to test it if you know it is being worked on?

edit/Redownload SC236 and the loco and tender are still faulty./edit

Last edited:
Or just ignore it. Why are you releasing this route at this time if it isn't ready? Why are beta testers asked to test it if you know it is being worked on?

We're looking at it from the other angle. It's more a case of avoiding "Why won't you let us download the route - we've paid for it."

The beauty (and the devil) in Trainz is that anyone can make their dream railroad. The routes are provided by people just like you.

Everyone has their own style. Healesville uses a unique spline/bank track which is different to many routes.

Enjoy the journey as we continue to improve things forever and a day.​

Considering the season, I thought I'd give the session ZecRail 2107 Christmas Train in Healesville a spin. It doesn't show any errors but it started rather strange, in the middle of an open field. Back in CM I noticed that the Christmas parts are all not active Payware. In another session, the Invisible Signal Mesh is also Payware (not active).

Will this (not active) correct itself?

Download and installation of this 14MB patch was near instantaneous and the database repair took only 55 seconds.
All my settings preferences were retained and there were no new 'Faulties' or 'Out of Dates', etc.
Spent a couple of hours editing routes in Surveyor with no problems whatsoever. Looking great so far.
Will test Driver sessions next.
Love seeing all the extra TRS19 procedural track additions. Thank you!

I just finished the DBR which took much longer than the install.

No problems found in CM. I will report anything interesting.

Invisible Signal Mesh is also Payware (not active).

Are you referring to: <kuid2:45324:24010:5> Invisible Signal
It shows as builtin here. Which KUID do you have installed?

There is an update for some TANE data that should appear as another Christmas bonus (this is to install the remaining TANE items that are not in any of the builtin TANE routes, plus updates for various assets as well).

And without further ado... we're LIVE!

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/content.php?174-Trainz-Railroad-Simulator-2019-has-arrived!

Yes, we should have left more time between the final RC and release, but Australia shuts down for two weeks. Since we don't have personal lives, we'll be around over the coming days to ensure the smoothest launch ever in the history of Trainz, and much of that can be attributed to you guys for helping us.

Those who have gone above and beyond know who you are - thanks once again for your assistance. Being a beta tester is a tough, thankless job, but you love it really ;)

Back