Sale & 19 Ready & Thank You!

Kilrbe3

Hey JR fellas!!

I have a few questions I wanted to pop off your way, and I also wanted to send my deepest thanks. Thank you for the great, high quality, no cutting corners content. I been playing Trainz on and off since TRS04, and I must say, I think you guys do one hell of a job over N3V. They make some great framework, you make some great houses which that framework is built on top of. Your routes, details, quality of life, and high quality just puts N3V official routes to shame. Its Pro vs Amateur hour IMHO. To the point where I almost 99.8% only use JR/similar level assets/routes/locos/cars.

So thank you over 9000000000 times!

To say may thanks, I also wanted to splurge for first time on buying. I am a gamer and IT at heart, and Modding has been in me since DOOM. I never been big to buy DLC for anything, but for TRS19 level and the new standards, you go big, or you go home. Time for nice quality models now!

I been pondering a nice, HQ 19 level standards 'main' hauler. Most of the NS Free assets off DLS or other sites are very old, and very outdated. Very few are even close to T:ANE standards. Was looking to pick up a Dash 9 or ES44AC.

1) I see a new ES44AC render was posted on the JR section on N3V forums. I was looking to purchase the NS ES44AC for $10 on JR. Is this new render a complete new model/texture for 19? If I buy current 44AC will I get the new updated render later when released, or buy again?

2) With 19 now almost out of Early Access and ready for public, is there a road-map or list of what is or what if's may be updated to 19 levels? Example: I also a Gold Pass member and get content vault. The NS SD60E Veteran is updated to 19, but the NS C-40-8 is not. Both came from vault.

3) Tiderwater Rail, Does the content pack have textures and bridges? I tried to put Tidewater RR into 19, and I was missing tons and tons of KUIDs. No ground textures, no roads, bridges missing. Or this a T:ANE > 19 problem?

Was just wondering, as I was looking for the top, highest quality model/features I could get. I didn't want to splurge before a Christmas sale. (money is tight this year, thanks medical bills!) and also didn't want to splurge on a model that may be outclassed in a few days/weeks. I see RRmods has a sale, and wanted to see if JR will have one as well. I'd really like to give you money instead of RRmods. Plus they only have a SD40-2, and no Dash9 or ES44's or anything big really :(

Too bad there also isn't more JR NS stuff on the N3V store. This why I came here to ask, as I can see my Gold Pass content vault will only be getting maybe a few more NS locos from them, and rest I will be having to buy from JR. I'm not a huge collector, but at least a 19 standard Dash 9, ES44AC and SD40-2 and SD80/60/70 are all i want for 19 :)

Sorry for the kinda long text, but few things were on the mind this morning ;)

Thank you, Happy Holidays!

Nick

*Also posting this here, since your Contact Us on JR site is KIA fyi*

Last edited:
If you want to model NS' current fleet, like I want to, check out this website. Note that some of the diesels on JR's website are not on NS' current roster, particularly the Dash 9-44C and Dash 9-40C fleet, as they're being rebuilt into AC44C6M's, which isn't available right now, though norfolksouthern37 did post a render of one first AC44C6M's.
EDIT: Forgot link to website: http://www.nsdash9.com/

Yeah both those new renders got me drooling :D

Yup I use that site! Trying to model NS B-Line and been listening even more closely to cab #s writing them down, to try and replicate what is the usual roster in the area on the train #'s that come through daily, and our local switchers. Which why I'd like to get at least one or two really nice quality / up to date NS models from JR that are current/close to current roster.

I'm going to take this silence as a "Yup, you are gonna have to double dip and pay again for the new models"

I seen JR staff/members reply to mutiple threads in this section, and completely skip this post answering questions about JR. To watch you guys even make a post about the Christmas Sale.. When your own Contact Us is broken, this is now your only support area, and there is no support....

Hmm.. Guess take my $7.50 and hope for the best. Your site can use a update. No in-game screenshots, no detailed descriptions, no icons for what features loco has for like 90% of the assets...

Yet you the only people who produce anything close to this level of quality...

I wanted to get Justin to fully go into detail for a response but its the weekend and hes been unavailable to do so. He knows the absolute most out of us all about getting anything into TS19, which we dont actually support as of this writing yet.

So if you dont mind, hold off and we'll let him go into detail on the roadmap into TS19. The site is due for an update in the coming year as well.

Also i just used the Contact Us and its working fine?

I wanted to get Justin to fully go into detail for a response but its the weekend and hes been unavailable to do so. He knows the absolute most out of us all about getting anything into TS19, which we dont actually support as of this writing yet.

So if you dont mind, hold off and we'll let him go into detail on the roadmap into TS19. The site is due for an update in the coming year as well.

Also i just used the Contact Us and its working fine?

Will do, Gonna just splurge anyway for $7, really need a GEVO in my life right now.

Yup, I do realize it is holiday, and weekend, I do apologize a little for only giving it 2 days. That's my b.

That may be my end, or just a fluke. I got some error message last time, and didn't go through. This was on Contact Us, not Submit Ticket. My Pi Hole may have been blocking that for some odd reason, or one of my uBlocks. Actually 99.9% positive now was my PiHole.

Back