TRS Cornish Mainline - Source Route Rectifications

Robert3a0

N3V have sent me the source route for the TRS19 builtin Cornish Mainline and have asked if I can update it with some / any requests from the community so that N3V can release patches every few months. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I have taken on board the comments released on other threads and will rectify issues as they arise. Post any issues you find to this thread. If you can post screenshots of any errors, that would be awesome. Please keep in mind that this route has been created across five versions of Trainz, so I am not surprised there are faults appearing.

Regards
Bob[/FONT]

I spent most of yesterday rectifying issues highlighted on the TRS Cornish Session Pack Thread, including:
- fixing floating rails near the oil loading area on the Falmouth docks
- fixing the
floating bench at Marazion Station
- fixed the
Truro station platform 3 and 4
- inserted
interactive passengers platform for Truro platform 4
- fixed Floating passengers at Gwinere Road station,
- fixed
floating passengers at Hayle station
- fixed passengers at
St. Erth station

Also, I replaced some grass that looked fine in TS12, but crappy in TRS19 and altered the environmental settings to brighten the backlight.

Regards
Bob

Bob, seems to be an issue with the GWR Home signals as in the semaphores don't move, there are ones that do work as I've had the same problem in my WIP.

Faulty: <kuid:46219:24000>
Works:<kuid:4468:25700> which you are using in some locations, should be able to just do a bulk replace.

Have to say this, there is a lot a z fighting with platform overlaps at Penzance and St Ives, there are some good platform making assets by itareus all prefixed C+ which should enable the correct width platforms to be made without any need to overlap anything or not as much.
Also got z fighting on the harbours, way to get rid of that is to drop the overlapping spline by 0.01

Z fighting is where the overlapping planes at the same height are flashing badly. Can't screenshot flashing I'm afraid.

Bob, seems to be an issue with the GWR Home signals as in the semaphores don't move, there are ones that do work as I've had the same problem in my WIP.

Faulty: <kuid:46219:24000>
Works:<kuid:4468:25700> which you are using in some locations, should be able to just do a bulk replace.

Have to say this, there is a lot a z fighting with platform overlaps at Penzance and St Ives, there are some good platform making assets by itareus all prefixed C+ which should enable the correct width platforms to be made without any need to overlap anything or not as much.
Also got z fighting on the harbours, way to get rid of that is to drop the overlapping spline by 0.01

Z fighting is where the overlapping planes at the same height are flashing badly. Can't screenshot flashing I'm afraid.
Thanks Clam, I will put these into the fix.
Regards
Bob

Robert,

This may be the wrong place to ask my question, but I'll give it a go. Or please direct me to the proper thread.
Do you know why my Cornish Mainline is missing dozens of "unknown" dependencies? Do you know what the fix would be?

Thank you,
Al

Robert,

This may be the wrong place to ask my question, but I'll give it a go. Or please direct me to the proper thread.
Do you know why my Cornish Mainline is missing dozens of "unknown" dependencies? Do you know what the fix would be?

Thank you,
Al
Al, you shouldn't be missing anything, sounds like you had a bad download. A similar problem and rectification recommendations are discussed in this thread https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?150129-TRS19-Cornish-Session-Pack-OFFICIAL
Regards
Bob

From comments on various threads I have made numerous minor improvements throughout the Route. Hopefully, N3V will release the patch version early in the New Year. Meanwhile, continue to post your observations and suggestions here. Have a very merry Christmas all.
Regards
Bob

Hi.

Between crossing 1166502 and crossing 1167956, and close to the bridge is some missing texture in a field. Camera XY: 8855.76,-2308.67
I have double checked my install incase there was some content missing my end, but all is good.

The detail of the route is a true credit to the effort you have put into it.

Thanks for the kind words ARhian. I have looked really hard in the area you have displayed but I can't find the missing texture. However, if I find it I will fix it.
Regards
Bob

Any idea when the update to the route will be out ?

That would be up to N3V because they have to recompile the route into packages and release it unless it's placed on the DLS as an update, which I doubt.

Right now they're on holiday break so if there is anything to happen, it'll be after the new year.

As mentioned in the main board, all the BR era signage on buildings etc. needs to go, whether by reskinning the source files or some sort of masking.

N3V have told me they will be releasing the updated Route as part of TRS 19 SP1. I have made the rectifications you have all told me that needed making. However, if you have any others please list them on this thread. Screenshots of those issues will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

Back