Glenwood Shops site supsended

What can one say? This is one reason why I don't use 3rd party sites. You can never be sure that they will still be there the next time you return. A number of them have closed permanently this year.

I closed the web site because all of the content that was on it is now on the DLS. If you do a search for "jrfolco" or kuid "73500", you will have access to all of my content including all of the routes that were on the web site. The hosting server people kept jacking the price up, so I decided to close the web site for good. Earlier this year I converted all of my route content to DLS only, to eliminate the possibility of missing kuids.

Joe

I closed the web site because all of the content that was on it is now on the DLS. If you do a search for "jrfolco" or kuid "73500", you will have access to all of my content including all of the routes that were on the web site. The hosting server people kept jacking the price up, so I decided to close the web site for good. Earlier this year I converted all of my route content to DLS only, to eliminate the possibility of missing kuids.

Joe

Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks Joe, for making your creations available to all. I am sure it was a tough choice, and a lot of folks have let it all just go away or slide back to the Internet Archives. I hope you will continue to create content, as the more creative content, the better. If you need help in the future, some of us are willing to donate to the cause.

Thanks God I have found this thread. Quite late I discovered Glenwood Shop routes and got a big interest about Cumberland to Connellsville, my first downloaded route from there. Now some trains deliver ladings to various industries and I'm really hooking to car cards, waybills etc. for this route. So I was very suprised when I figured out Joe's site is down.

Thanks Joe, for your amazing work and thanks you put your add-ons to CMP.

As I mentioned in a previous post, all of the content formerly on my website, is now on the download station.

Thanks,
Joe

I want to recreate the Chessie steam excursions on your route and possibly add DEM on from Baltimore to Philly and through Washington, DC to connect Point of Rocks with Baltimore that way. I suppose you are finished expanding the route, the Connellsville to Baltimore. I hate how most class 1 freight railroads have become so closed off to the public, and they don't really connect with the public with steam excursions and other events anymore. NS did steam excursions again in partnership with three museums/organizations for several years, but those are over. UP though is still running steam and even operates occasional public excursions.

Last edited:
Back