T:ANE Junction Control problem

Have placed a junction controller and set the properties. How do I save them so they apply to any session I run? I was editing on the route layer but even though I save before leaving surveyor, the properties do not persist for all sessions.

It has been a while since I used the Junction Controller (I now use Interlocking Towers which are far, far better, but do have a steeper learning curve) but I seem to recall that their settings are stored in the session and not in the route. So you would have to add them to each session individually. There is no way I know of to make one set and copy them to all sessions.

Do interlocking towers work at the route level? It seems strange to be that if I am editing a route everything I change that can only be changed in surveyor is not saved with the route, the same way track layout behaves.

Interlocking towers are Session based.

The route always stores the physical aspect of assets - such as their position, height, orientation, etc. The session saves the behaviour aspects, such as the commodities and commodity levels, switch and signal positions, control properties, etc, etc.

While this is a pain when you want to transfer settings from one session to another, it does have obvious advantages as the settings used for one session may be totally inappropriate for another.

The Junction Controller needs be setup in the session as well. I found out the hard way...

Do interlocking towers work at the route level? It seems strange to be that if I am editing a route everything I change that can only be changed in surveyor is not saved with the route, the same way track layout behaves.
I set up everything in the Route Layer(s). I have made extensive use if EITs. Everything that is set up works when running a Session.

ITs and EITs store their setting in the Session, otherwise it would be impossible to have different paths for different sessions.

There is a bug (it may have been fixed, I don't know) in ITs that also affects EITs where the initial settings you make are saved in the route but any changes are saved in the session. The workaround for this, and the recommended method for using ITs/EITs is to place them in the sessions only.

Back