Request for Help with 'Unknown Asset" Issues - Please

As I continue to work through my addons, I keep coming up against the dreaded 'unknown asset' issue and would appreciate any assistance in sorting out these problems.

And, yes I've consulted "Trainz Index" before asking about these items.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

KevinB

So here we go, first up:

kuid:313505:1255

First off it is by srr89 ... probably a 44 tonner loco, or a Strasburg RR asset like: Strasburg 2-10-0 #90

Most routes will run just fine with "Missing Dependencies", as they "May Be" totally un-locatable

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/archive/index.php/t-93650.html

RyanJReedDecember 24th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Do you know what this missing dependency file for Strasburg 2-10-0 #90 is <kuid:313505:1255> if you do can you send it

RyanJReed
December 25th, 2016, 03:02 PM

I'm missing a dependency file for Strasburg 2-10-0 #90 <kuid:313505:1255>

Mark1223
December 26th, 2016, 12:41 AM

Do you know what this missing dependency file for Strasburg 2-10-0 #90 is <kuid:313505:1255> if you do can you send it

Ryan,

It seems that this dependency is part of the "Strasburg Railroad" route that is available over at Trainz Commuter Rail, aka "Strasburg Railroad V2" which is what it appears as 'in-game'.

You can download it from their download page here (note that you must have or create an account to access their downloads page):

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Trainz_Commuter_Rail/pages/dl_routes/

Then download the route (I have the TS2010 version myself) Once you download the "Strasburg_Railroad_V2_TS2010.zip" file and unzip it, the asset you need is within the "Strasburg 90 Horn and Bell.cdp" file.

Best regards,
Mark

KenRuof
December 26th, 2016, 11:05 AM

Hey Ken,

I only have TS12 SP1 for windows (and I don't run it much as I run windows in a Virtual Machine on my Mac), but I've used Trainz Mac, Trainz Mac2 and TANE for Mac, in any case, for all of them including TS12, I've only ever had to correct "Errors" as warnings do not seem to prevent assets from being used in Trainz, so as I indicated previously, he should only need to correct this issue with the missing Thumbnails on those assets.

This can be achieved by simply re-using an existing thumbnail and relocating it to the location that the config file wants, and if need be, rename it.

So he wouldn't actually "need" to use the "images2tga" tool to correct those warnings but he can if he wants to, please let me know if you see a different behavior in Trainz where warnings do prevent assets from being used.

Regards,
Mark
Very true, if he is using TS12 then all he has to fix is the missing thumbnail. Ryan, if you do want the PVE tools you can get them at Shane Turner's site http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/home/utilities/pevsoft-trainz-tools

RyanJReed
December 26th, 2016, 06:13 PM

where can I find those miniature trains?

Mark1223
December 27th, 2016, 05:59 PM

where can I find those miniature trains?

Sorry but I can't help you with that one as I have never bothered with the little train.

Last edited:
I am a member of that group but I am unable to locate the Strasburg route you mention and your link only takes me to the main DL page. Any ideas?

Thank you

KevinB

"...It seems that this dependency is part of the "Strasburg Railroad" route that is available over at Trainz Commuter Rail, aka "Strasburg Railroad V2" which is what it appears as 'in-game'.

You can download it from their download page here (note that you must have or create an account to access their downloads page):

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Trainz_Com...ges/dl_routes/

Then download the route (I have the TS2010 version myself) Once you download the "Strasburg_Railroad_V2_TS2010.zip" file and unzip it, the asset you need is within the "Strasburg 90 Horn and Bell.cdp" file.

Best regards,
Mark"

I should also say, I'm not trying to install the route but rather trying to fix the CPRL web site creation "Strasburg [ex-GW] No.90 and that KUID above is the trouble -- it's missing.

Welcome to the missing asset issue. Since CM is not able to scan the Internet, any asset not on the DLS is effectively invisible. One reason why any route with these missing assets is summarily dumped, unless it is a really, really interesting route and then Delete missing assets quickly solves that issue. I've got better things to do than chasing all over the Internet looking for them.

I know that various asset creators have all sorts of reasons to not upload to the DLS. It's their call and asset to do with as they see fit.

IIRC, wasn't there a method to create a link to another site instead of uploading to the DLS. That way, searching the DLS will result in a positive find but send you to another site to get the actual asset. My bad memory or not active anymore?

Back