moving a track joint and CTD

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
On rare occasions, but often enough to be really annoying, I'll be moving the end of a section of track to join to another track end when suddenly I'll be back on the desktop. No warning, nothing to indicate that anything bad is about to happen. Don't know how to provoke it so submitting a reproducible bug is out.

One consequence of the CTD is that I seem to have lost the consist I was using to test each new section of track. I have moved it to a parallel track while working on the mainline. After the CTD, I don't see it any more. Find Object thinks it is still in the route, even shows the five cars that make up the consist but selecting any one brings me to an empty spot in the corner of the map. Looking closer, I see labels for the consists out in empty space.
TRS 2019 98510 ghost consists.JPG
Tried to build a series of baseboards to them but they seem to recede as I get closer, shades of Narcissus and his grapes
TRS 2019 98510 ghost consists2.JPG
Currently in 98510 but I've had it happen in previous betas too. Anyone else?

Last edited:
No indication prior to a crash is not unexpected behaviour. The trick is to figure out the pattern. As you say, joining track sections is part of it, but the othe parts may be somethign to do with the consist, attached items to the track etc.

Delete missing assets will remove the "stray" consist, and could be sufficient to resolve the crash. If not, send the route in via a bug report for us to take a look at in more detail.

Back