TRS19 - Cornish Session Pack - OFFICIAL

The Ivatt 2MT on the goods Session needs swapping for a loco with an Engine spec that works and isn't twice the weight it should be in the Loco and Tender configs. Currently it's virtually undrivable. Sorry!

Cornish is SC490x.
If you remove just the SC490 folder, run a db repair, restart Trainz, the other missing folders should appear for download.

->
Hello. I'm trying to re-download all Cornish Route Package files again, because at first time I did, my free hard disk space went to zero... and after that I get hundreds of "missing dependencies" on that route in main menu... after few days downloading the missing ones below 10Kb/s, i've found this tip...

Then I did that, and a Edinburg Route packages poped up to download... no cornish... Then i delete the sc491x packages....turns to be -> Hinton Division Route packages...

Oh dear, I can't guess where are cornish route packages....

Well, i've just deleted all packages, and start over from zero.. now I'm re-downloading all packages...
(better than 10 Kb/s Content Manager Limit...)
:)

My only problem with the sessions is that before BR during the gwr heyday last I checked the kings could not go west of Plymouth because of weight restrictions on the royal Albert bridge. So why is a king class an unrebuilt leading the east bound Cornish reveria limited when that's either a single or double stacked castle class's assignment out of penzance.

I told them that when the route and sessions were first released.

The consensus of opinion was nobody wanted a history lesson.

The whole route is inaccurate, so being retired BR-WR i refuse to use it.

You can lead a horse to water, but..................................

Or you could edit it, create your own sessions and upload your historically accurate version to the DLS.

Never been able to create a decent session in Trainz, since the stupid rules based idea was introduced big boss man.

Create a proper session\scenario front end and then i can do something.

Even at my age with all my mental health problems. I can still create MSTS\OR, TS2019 scenarios with my eyes closed.

Trainz rules is just a convoluted mess as far as i am concerned.

As for the route, some quality control wouldn't have gone amiss.

Or you could edit it, create your own sessions and upload your historically accurate version to the DLS.

Well as every damn signal nearly is a combined home\distant which is a farce. I am going to purchase the West Of England signal diagrams DVD from SRS and do it properly.

This route released as payware is a joke, big boss man.

My opinion and as a paying customer, i am very much entitled to that opinion.

Get fed up of banging my head against a brick wall Annie.

Consensus of opinion by most of those that never working in the industry. Is that they know better, not everyone of course though.

I spent most of today, after cloning the route. Stripping back all the jungle from trackside. Swapping out the modern platforms for earlier period ones.

Deleting bi-directional signage. The route was never bi-directional running in BR days, never mind GWR.

Need some GWR ATC ramps though, AWS did not completely replace ATC until the 1970's and a good percentage of loco's were dual fitted.

Take care Annie.

Mike.

Well thank you all for your very kind comments such as "A chance to create a proper accurate 1930s GWR experience on the historic Cornish mainline and a total mess was made of it. 'Nobody wants a history lesson'. - that kind of attitude is just so bloody typical." If you don't want to use it, then don't. I can only create what I can see on Google Earth and find by on-line research. I put plenty of stuff on the Forum (see: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-Penzance&highlight=cornish+mainline+branches ) throughout its development where you could have made some constructive comments and perhaps even helped me with some of your 'in-depth' working knowledge of the Route. But I guess for some it is easier to whinge than to be constructive. By the way, the Route was totally freeware - I did not make a cent from it. The sessions were not created by me.

Regards
Bob

I used to love this thread - but recently we have a member possibly breaking some forum rules.
If referring to people in pejorative manner generally or specifically it is possible that a rule or rule(s) have been broken and if this is the case then I encourage N3V to take some action - yes! I am personally offended and feel for the good folks the language is directed at as I have a great respect for them.

A pejorative (also called a derogatory term,[SUP][1][/SUP] a slur, a term of disparagement) is a word or grammatical form expressing a negative connotation or a low opinion of someone or something, showing a lack of respect for someone or something.[SUP][2][/SUP] It is also used to express criticism, hostility, or disregard. Sometimes, a term is regarded as pejorative in some social or ethnic groups but not in others, or may be originally pejorative and eventually be adopted in a non-pejorative sense (or vice versa) in some or all contexts.
Name slurs can also involve an insulting or disparaging innuendo,[SUP][3][/SUP] rather than being a direct pejorative. In some cases, a person's name can be redefined with an unpleasant or insulting meaning, or be applied to a group of people considered by anyone to be inferior or lower in social class, as a group label with a disparaging meaning.

Well thank you all for your very kind comments such as "A chance to create a proper accurate 1930s GWR experience on the historic Cornish mainline and a total mess was made of it. 'Nobody wants a history lesson'. - that kind of attitude is just so bloody typical." If you don't want to use it, then don't. I can only create what I can see on Google Earth and find by on-line research. I put plenty of stuff on the Forum (see: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-Penzance&highlight=cornish+mainline+branches ) throughout its development where you could have made some constructive comments and perhaps even helped me with some of your 'in-depth' working knowledge of the Route. But I guess for some it is easier to whinge than to be constructive. By the way, the Route was totally freeware - I did not make a cent from it. The sessions were not created by me.

Regards
Bob

I wasn't getting at you Bob. I have all your earlier versions of the Cornish Mainline and I really like them. The modelling compromises that were made are the same as all of us Uk modellers had to make up until recently when more grouping era appropriate assets became available. It was the sessions that really annoyed me with rolling stock and engines from all eras being homogenised together into a totally unprototypical mess. American modellers would be up in arms if I took say a Florida route and did a session using Canadian Pacific assets and it somehow ended up bundled with TS2019 and for most of us Uk enthusiasts it's exactly the same thing as was done with your Cornish route.

Good advice Bob, i am not going to use it. The whole thing is an absolute mess. You should stick to doing Australian routes, as you definitely have no idea about the UK and definitely not the GWR.

If it had been freeware, i would have deleted it and kept quiet. But payware is a legitimate target for all critisism, not just constructive.

My last word on the subject.

Good advice Bob, i am not going to use it. The whole thing is an absolute mess. You should stick to doing Australian routes, as you definitely have no idea about the UK and definitely not the GWR.

If it had been freeware, i would have deleted it and kept quiet. But payware is a legitimate target for all critisism, not just constructive.

My last word on the subject.
Mate, so sorry you feel that way, you seem to have some huge chips on your shoulders. As for sticking to Australian routes, lot's of your fellow countrymen don't agree with you on that one. I tried looking up some of your work for inspiration; but nothing appears on the DLS! Further, the Cornish Mainline and Branches Routes have never been payware.

The only chip on my shoulder is people like you, making a hash of something.

Then bleeting about it, when they get told it is completely wrong.

I don't need to be a content creator to know when something is completely wrong.

Funny that your route is included in TRS19 as payware or built in. Whichever way, that makes it something that has a price to own in.

As i said stick to what you know. I wouldn't dream of trying to create an Auzzie route, because i know naff all about them.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the fire.

[h=1]Trainz Route: Cornish Mainline and Branches ( TRS19 )[/h]
$19.99 USD

Last edited:
The only chip on my shoulder is people like you, making a hash of something.

Then bleeting about it, when they get told it is completely wrong.

I don't need to be a content creator to know when something is completely wrong.

Funny that your route is included in TRS19 as payware or built in. Whichever way, that makes it something that has a price to own in.

As i said stick to what you know. I wouldn't dream of trying to create an Auzzie route, because i know naff all about them.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the fire.

[h=1]Trainz Route: Cornish Mainline and Branches ( TRS19 )[/h]
$19.99 USD

:n: Wow!
This is so rude, arrogant, just plain awful, and a direct personal attack. Surely it breeches the forum rules.
There are ways of commenting without the hostility or heaven forbit even making "suggestions" which would be more fruitful.

:n: Wow!
This is so rude, arrogant, just plain awful, and a direct personal attack. Surely it breeches the forum rules.
There are ways of commenting without the hostility or heaven forbit even making "suggestions" which would be more fruitful.
I wouldn't worry about it Mate, the bloke obviously has a few problems.
Regards
Bob

Back