Installed Payware (not active)

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
After a lot of beta testing, I thought it would be a good time to do a general cleanup of my content before continuing with TRS19.
Lots of flotsam and jetsam from from many previous versions still hanging around.

One annoyance are missing dependencies that turnout to be Installed Payware (not active). There is no option to Delete them, I can only Disable. Is there another way to get rid of them or get them activated?

During the cleanup, I find many minor config errors and typos, including my own :eek: Amazing what was allowed to slip by in the past, clogging up the system.

Meanwhile, I've been without ruth:cool:, removing old test routes and sessions as well as half-baked objects that never got finished or others that are really sub par. If I can figure out the new texturing system, I might even start to update some of my oldies that are still worthwhile.

From memory the activation has to be done at N3V's end for your account for items like that. It's basically to update what your account is authorised to use.

Shane

One annoyance are missing dependencies that turnout to be Installed Payware (not active). There is no option to Delete them, I can only Disable. Is there another way to get rid of them or get them activated?
These are items that were previously available as free DLS downloads but have now become payware. The system sees the newer version as obsoleting the original, but it's not downloadable so it's reported as a missing dependency. The list is large and growing. It has been acknowledged as a mistake and there is a commitment to fix it, but no time available yet. It is reported that you can upversion the obsoleted original to obsolete the payware, but that might mean you miss out on improvements in the newer version when it is eventually reverted to free DLS.

Back