How to enter Russian characters?

VVMM

Trainz Scripter/Developer
I submitted a bug report but I have no answer. I cannot enter Russian or any Unicode characters into the interface. How do you do it?
For me they look like garbage...

unicode1.png

unicode2.png

Hmm... Haven't thought of that. I can't understand why this works, but entering directly doesn't.

Anyway, this is not a solution and the bug must be fixed. You cannot copy-paste (easily) in full screen Trainz :)

Is it not related to the national character set installed into the operating system? Can You write in text editor in cyrillic? I always notice another similar "feature":
Screenshot-16_12.jpg

I am capable to read and understand russian fully, but lines full of question marks are unreadable for everyone.

Is it not related to the national character set installed into the operating system? Can You write in text editor in cyrillic? I always notice another similar "feature":
I am capable to read and understand russian fully, but lines full of question marks are unreadable for everyone.

Well, I can read and write Russian on my PC in mostly any application. I also have the "Current language for non-Unicode programs" set to Russian, so I don't see question marks, but I think this setting should be unrealted to Trainz, because it can already display Russian properly.
So I don't know what's causing this, but I really hope the devs to respond on this one.

Back