Sessions

There is no easy answer to that. Ideally the creator of a session would have included the route name in the title of the session or in its description. Most (but not all) sessions are created by the same person who created the route so that is usually a good place to start searching.

Whats the best way to find sessions for a route on dls?

The quickest and simplest way is to locate the route in Content Manager, right-click on the route and click on "List Dependants"; and then all the Sessions relating to that route will appear.

Cheers,
Roy

The quickest and simplest way is to locate the route in Content Manager, right-click on the route and click on "List Dependants"; and then all the Sessions relating to that route will appear.

That works brilliantly on CM when all the routes and sessions are installed on your system but it does not work if you have a route installed and are looking for its sessions on the DLS.

It's a good question. I'm always amazed when I skim through the sessions that have been uploaded to the Download Station and I have absolutely no idea of the required route or layout.

Guy's it's not all that hard.
Either:
Give some indication in the name of the session.​
Or:
In the description say something like "This session is for .... ."

To the original poster, when all else fails just search for my sessions, author "philskene".

Last edited:
Guy's it's not all that hard.
Either:
Give some indication in the name of the session.​
Or:
In the description say something like "This session is for .... ."

You are absolutely correct. It is simple enough to do and I add the route name to both the session name and its description. You can also post a list in the Freeware Announcement forum which is great for user feedback as well.

While we are on the subject of insufficient labeling/details, another thing that I find a little frustrating on the DLS is something like; For; Version TS12. Is that; TS12 49922 Ver 3.6 or is that TS12 61348 Ver 3.7

I had no end of problems with TS2012 SP1 HF4 61348, so I went back to TS2012 49922 Ver 3.6. When downloading TS2012 content from the DLS, it is impossible to tell whether the content is for TS2012 Ver 3.6 or Ver 3.7.

Most of 3.6 stuff works in 3.7, but not the other way around, 3.7 into 3.6, unless you back version the content. By just adding something simple in the Version line like; TS12 Ver 3.6 or TS12 49922 or TS12 Ver 3.7 or TS12 61348 would help tremendously.

Cheers, Mac...

By just adding something simple in the Version line like; TS12 Ver 3.6 or TS12 49922 or TS12 Ver 3.7 or TS12 61348 would help tremendously.

Adding the Trainz version and SP number (if applicable) is a good idea but adding the program build number will cause confusion. MAC versions have a different build number to the exact same version in PCs and that is different again to the DRM free versions.

Adding the Trainz version and SP number (if applicable) is a good idea but adding the program build number will cause confusion. MAC versions have a different build number to the exact same version in PCs and that is different again to the DRM free versions.

Your right. Build version numbers could be confusing to some, so I'd be happy with either TS12 Ver 3.6 or Ver 3.7.

Cheers, Mac...

Your right. Build version numbers could be confusing to some, so I'd be happy with either TS12 Ver 3.6 or Ver 3.7.Cheers, Mac...

Or just 3.6 or 3.7. At present we have TANE SP3 to differentiate it but isn't that just 4.6. I too find it confusing with TS12 as there are quite a few people who steer clear of 3.7 preferring to use 3.6.

Ken

That works brilliantly on CM when all the routes and sessions are installed on your system but it does not work if you have a route installed and are looking for its sessions on the DLS.

Whoops! I really jumped in there. Of course you are correct mate, thanks.

Because I've got nearly every decent route, man and his dog installed on my computer, the sessions show up.

Cheers,
Roy

Back