So how come I can only download my free-ware as payware in TRS19

N3V did ask me if they could release the Route in TRS19, to which I agreed.

my bad, i must brush up on my comprehension skills. I thought they just did it without consultation, I grovelingly apologize to the NV3 panjandrum's and take back what I said :)

I might be able to assist you with that.

Have you entered your username and password on the Internet tab in Trainz Settings? If you have, click the Install tab, then Check for Updates.
The patch process should then start - if it doesn't, you can check what stream it's on by clicking Change Update Stream and following it through until the final box where the stream is mentioned (and a change stream button if it's not the TRS19 stream).

Shane
Thanks Shane, I have already done all of that - all I get is 'No update is for Trainz is available at the current time'.
Regards
Bob

Thanks to Shane, all is fixed and TRS19 is now happily patching. Thank you all for your assistance. Very much appreciated.
Regards
Bob

One comment in this thread:

"I can now see why people make their routes available via their own websites."

I have a slightly different view. I construct layouts that use content that comes from the Download Station, which means that many extremely talented content creators were prepared to share their content with the likes of me. When I'm constructing a layout I'm very aware that all that I'm doing is standing on the shoulders of giants (Stephen Hawkings, 2002?).

So rather than use an external site I'm more than happy to share with the whole Trainz community and upload to the Download Station, even if it means signing an agreement that gives N3V the permission to use it as they see fit. At least it doesn't mean that they can break into my house, torture my dog and sell my children into slavery, which some other software agreements seem to.

I misunderstood the situation, i thought they just made Bobs route as part of the bundle without consulting him, my fault for jumping to conclusions. I'm all for sharing everything for free and the route i am building is intended to be shared with the community. However, I think many of those who have created items for us to use are not happy for NV3 to use the items just as they wish , I know for a fact that Ben Dorsey didn't want any of his stuff to be payware as he told me so many times.

However, I would never want a route I made ( highly unlikely nV3 would want it anyway ) to be bundled up as part of the product because of all these issues with items being seen as payware, I can see why NV3 wants to bundle up routes as it makes their product look a better deal, but a lot of content creators do not want their items to be treated as payware and their wishes should be respected.

Same with built in items, the fact that some of them used to be freeware and now they cannot be edited anymore is so frustrating. If all of these payware issues could be sorted I would be much happier with this situation but as we see , its causing issues for people like Bob and its very annoying when items you could use previously are locked out from game .

If all of these payware issues could be sorted I would be much happier with this situation but as we see , its causing issues for people like Bob and its very annoying when items you could use previously are locked out from game .

The commitment is here:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...en-updated-into-payware&p=1721142#post1721142
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?149508-The-sepia-series&p=1716026#post1716026 (sort of)

It's up to the community to maintain the pressure so it gets done.

Glad you are now updated Bob.

A few things here:
1. Bob can contact us for an editable version of the route so that the latest version can be updated and released to all TRS19 users (this is the process with other content creators)
2. Bob, and in fact anyone else, can make modifications to the route locally and upload the updated version to the DLS. These updates require the original route in order to be activated, and the original route remains intact.
3. We have mentioned many times that any freeware that has become payware is not intentionaly, but a byproduct of the update process and will be rectified over time.

Glad you are now updated Bob.

A few things here:
1. Bob can contact us for an editable version of the route so that the latest version can be updated and released to all TRS19 users (this is the process with other content creators)
2. Bob, and in fact anyone else, can make modifications to the route locally and upload the updated version to the DLS. These updates require the original route in order to be activated, and the original route remains intact.
3. We have mentioned many times that any freeware that has become payware is not intentionally, but a byproduct of the update process and will be rectified over time.
Hi Tony, my bad I was uploading from the Beta Stream. Shane steered me in the right direction and all is now fixed; well done by the way on the update of the Route. I will soon have another 50 miles or so to add.
Regards
Bob

Back