Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vale - Charles "Chuck'' Barkman - Farewell Ceebee

Default Vale - Charles "Chuck'' Barkman - Farewell Ceebee

It is with a very sad heart that I make this post as one of the "originals" of the Trainz community has sadly passed away a few days ago.

I received this message from Chuck's wife:

Hi Tony, I know Chuck (CeeBee) would want me to let you know of his passing. He died Dec. 12, 2018 after a long struggle with a genetic liver-lung situation, Alpha-1 Anti-trypsin Deficiency. We were hoping for a liver transplant for him. Just didn't work for him, as his body couldn't stay in good enough shape to actually have that happen fast enough. He was so interested in getting back to his passion with Trainz, and was daily working on his new project layout, until his last trip to the ER. Please let the rest of the Trainz guys know, (and anyone who might remember him) of his death. He will live forever in the Highland Valley RR. He had plans for another layout, but couldn't get very far on it.

Good luck in all your endeavors.

Ginny Barkman, Chuck's wife
    Chase, BC

On behalf of the Trainz Team, I would like to say thanks to Chuck for his enthusiasm and passion for Trainz over the many years. As original creator of the Highland Valley route, he helped bring joy to many lives. He will be greatly missed.

We will be dedicating TRS19 to Ceebee as a fitting tribute to everything he brought to the hobby.

As Ginny so eloquently put it,
    He will live forever in the Highland Valley RR.

Tony
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; December 14th, 2018 at 09:59 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

... my sympathy for family and friends ... thanks ceebee ...

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Thanks ceebee, you created the route that got me into modifying routes to my liking. I learned how to set up Multi Ind assets on it. I learned how to set up AI on it. I learned a lot from it. Highland Valley is perhaps the best route made for Trainz that wasn't based on a prototype and was worthy of being the inspiration for Kickstarter Country. We'll miss you.
    Trainz - Easy as Pi

United States of America, Central Wisconsin
    Blog Entries

Rest in peace mate. His route Highland Valley was one heck of a great route he made from the UTC days of Trainz. He'll be greatly missed

(BTW Chuck, I hope you are having an awesome time in that great big train yard on your Highland Valley route )

Peace

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Blog Entries

Part of me, humbly, is surprised to see him, yet silently grieving to see him pass when his bright mind was pioneering what have become a treasure of this community. It is sad that any future prospects he had with his Trainz content creation venture are extinguished and his innovations carried to his grave. All condolences to the honorable Mr. Barkman, he will not be forgotten, even in a million years.

Thanks for everything that you have created for the trainz community CeeBee, Highland Valley was one of the best routes around in it time.

Enjoy running the high iron Chuck you will be certainly missed.

~Andrew R.

Blog Entries

May you rest in peace, and let's hope you are enjoying your time with the fallen.

He may be gone, but he will always be remembered by hundreds.

-Brandon
    Biggest Milw Foamer on the planet

So sorry to hear the sad news of CeeBee's passing. His contribution to the Trainz community is truly an inspiration to us all.

CeeBee's creations, will live on and become a lasting memory.

My sincere condolences to Ginny, and to all of his family.

RIP mate.

Roy

Rest in peace, CeeBee. May the Highland Valley route be used for many more years to come in memory of him.

Corner of "No" & "Where" between the streets of "some" & "where"

May you rest in peace Mr. Charles "Chuck/CeeBee" Barkman; and thank you for all your work and passion you have given. I have only been in the Trainz "world" for a short time, but I like many have long been familiar with your work and creations; the iconic Highland Valley route being a prime and much beloved example. Not much more praise can be uttered of the thousands of hours played upon the Highland Valley; nor the legions of people it inspired to get involved in the Trainz franchise and 3D modelling at large. Be they the inspired developer or the devoted user. For the true testament of any creation is what it in turn drive's people to make creations of their own.

Thank you again Mr. Barkman, and may your future iron road travels in the next world be forever joyful and adventurous.

~M. K.

Australia, South Australia, Christie Downs

My condolences to CeeBee's family.
    When I joined Trainz 20 years ago, Highland Valley was my favourite route. Like Jordan412 it was the base of many of my routes in 2004.
    It helped me to learn more about Trainz. I still run the orginal in my TS10, on a regular basis.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Thank you CeeBee. Rest in peace.
    Phil
    WeddinNSW V4 for TRS2019 now on the DLS.

So sad to read of CeeBee passing.

One of the great inspirational route builders of this community.

You only need to search for Highland Valley in CM to see how many newcomers are using his route to learn about Trainz, one day some of those members will be producing routes of legendary status.

Thanks CeeBee for planting the seed to help Trainz grow.
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

Highland valley is one of my favourites of the original Trainz routes, very sad to hear that its creator has passed on
    May he rest in peace.

Very sad news, RIP Ceebee.
    Malc