What would a c. 1912 main/short line use for a track end?

First, my route is a freelanced short line set in 1912, but one that is well built, very newly built, profitable and well maintained. So, there's not a lot of track ends (to use the trainz term) for US railroads, and I'm pretty much wondering - what would a railroad like mine (1912 era) put at the end of a track? Right now I'm using Pencil42's roundhouse track end since I can't find or think of anything better. It's possible to make my own if I have to, but I don't have any idea what should be used in the first place. Anybody happen to know?

Thanks.

It's called research and it is something you probably need to learn how to do. Occasionally there are groups who are working on the same things, the UK is quite good at historical groups and documentation but I'm not sure about the US. Dangravel maybe able to give you a few pointers.

You might like to add your location to your profile, it makes it easier for people interested in the same region to find you.

Cheerio John

Search the DLS: https://www.auran.com/DLS/ Tick all the Trainz version box's, Description (not Title): / Trackside: "track end" and "bumper"

There are "crossed ties" for industries and branchlines, sometimes they used piles of ballast instead of an expensive bumper post ... Passenger stations would require a strong bumper post, to help stop runaway trainz

The conductor directs the loco engineer using hand signals, on exactly where to stop ... so a consist never rarely even contacts the bumper post

Last edited:
:wave: <kuid:63290:24008> Roundhouse Track End made by "elvenor" Asset shows a picture of the tie on Track........Below is description of item..........

;) Tie (sleeper) wheel stop or track end. This object will function to stop a train at up to 20 mph. Made for Turntable A-Frame 3ft with Roundhouse, but may be used on any track.

Back