Niddertalbahn 2019 version

Patrick31

Trainz Driver
So it updated to the final version of this route and while the downloads were going it had a note about that the route was updated by Multiplayer ? and had this site listed http://www.trainz-multiplayer.de/ however my browser refuses that site because it's a non secure site so i cant visit it. Just giving a heads up that whoever runs this site needs to get this fixed.

Also on the route near Bad Vilbel is a lot of leftover track and a Tankstelle, maybe needs to be looked at again ? Also past Bad Vibel when you go towards the what I would say train roundabout lol there is a catenary pole almost in the middle of the track.

Route was definitely changed a lot since the last version, Still have a problem with the switches being on top of each other though so if you throw 1 switch you throw them both at the same time.

Also seem to be missing interactive passenger platforms at Bad Vibel, only 1 has a short piece of interactive passengers i doubt it was intended this way

btw what are the blue lines on the track for ?? they are on the track when you leave Bad Vibel and follow the intended route, they are on and beside the track. looks like something to measure with.

Also floating clock at Heldenbergen above the platforms.

Catenary Poles going straight through platform roofs at Stockheim.

Last edited:
To add on the list, the locomotive used in the GZ 57921 3DZUG sessions is UNACCEPTABLE!
It looks as it is right from Trainz 1.0. The 3D mesh is horrible, entirely flat with bad illumation, the cabin is the same as the one in Trainz 1.0 with a crap resolution and the sounds are exaclty the ones used in Trainz 1.0 for every default loco...
On top of this, the catenary wire shadows can be seen in the interior cabin!
This is utterly crap for a premium route that calls itself TRS19 compliant.
Here are some screenshots:
27NLXnw
2018-12-15-201036.jpg

2018-12-15-201058.jpg

Last edited:
I tested one of the Niddertalbahn 2019 built-in sessions last night on this lovely route. It ran well and was very smooth at the highest performance settings even with 15000m draw distance.
The landscape and scenery are great (though I'd like to see the 2D vegetation/ grasses replaced entirely on ANY TRS2019 route, where practical).
Yes, the cab interiors on the included locomotives could be updated, but the chances of me re-running these built-in sessions in the future are low - I prefer instead to create my own sessions based on these included routes, so I get to choose the consists and their destinations, asset quality, tasks etc.
Thought that the bi-lingual passenger announcements triggered during gameplay were a great feature of this session.

I tested one of the Niddertalbahn 2019 built-in sessions last night on this lovely route. It ran well and was very smooth at the highest performance settings even with 15000m draw distance.
The landscape and scenery are great (though I'd like to see the 2D vegetation/ grasses replaced entirely on ANY TRS2019 route, where practical).
Yes, the cab interiors on the included locomotives could be updated, but the chances of me re-running these built-in sessions in the future are low - I prefer instead to create my own sessions based on these included routes, so I get to choose the consists and their destinations, asset quality, tasks etc.
Thought that the bi-lingual passenger announcements triggered during gameplay were a great feature of this session.

Good luck wkth making sessions on this route, its a huge nightmare, i tried but gave up. Switches that are build on top of each other, signals that arenot seen as signals, cant use an interlocking tower either because of the switches problem it ends up in a constant switch throwing fest in certain locations. Turntables that do not work as intended And i can go on, this route certainly aint the best in 2019 thats for sure. I hope they fix these issuesand also the visual problems as seen on the pictures and as reported

To add on the list, the locomotive used in the GZ 57921 3DZUG sessions is UNACCEPTABLE!
It looks as it is right from Trainz 1.0. The 3D mesh is horrible, entirely flat with bad illumation, the cabin is the same as the one in Trainz 1.0 with a crap resolution and the sounds are exaclty the ones used in Trainz 1.0 for every default loco...

Sadly N3V lack far behind in this respect and it's not just the locos on the Niddertalbahn. I've just been playing the latest TSW route (Trans Pennine) and after you've experienced the cabs in that sim, frankly Trainz becomes hard to stomach.

I've just been playing the latest TSW route (Trans Pennine) and after you've experienced the cabs in that sim, frankly Trainz becomes hard to stomach.

it's a little apples / oranges though. The TSW cabs and environment are undoubtedly very beautiful, but that version of the sim is currently end-user and 3rd party developer non-expandable, has limited route size due to demanding assets, etc etc,.

Comparison to Train Simulator 2019 (DTG not N3V) might be more fair. Even those cabs USUALLY look better than the TRS19 but not always and not as radically. Some of the new TRS19 assets look very good in comparison. But as usual there are MANY old and unattractive assets that linger in TRS19.

Diego

Sadly N3V lack far behind in this respect and it's not just the locos on the Niddertalbahn. I've just been playing the latest TSW route (Trans Pennine) and after you've experienced the cabs in that sim, frankly Trainz becomes hard to stomach.

When it comes to cabs i have to agree, i also have TSW and use it a lot for my in cab experiences, if Trainz would get that level of detail in cabs then wow

Not saying TSW is perfect - it isn't. But a decent cab goes a long way to making you feel part of a railway operational environment. The Class 45, Class 47 and DMU on Trans Pennine all have great cabs, the route looks stunning and the DMU has a decent implementation of vacuum braking - something still lacking in Trainz. It doesn't bother me that TSW doesn't (yet) have an editor. I could never match that level of quality and I'm quite happy to pay someone £20 - £25 a time to enjoy it, if of interest to me.

Nothing was fixed in the release version of this route, I sure hope these things get fixed because floating clocks and people just makes it a NO GO! Hopefully the creator of this route can get in and fix it or someone of the N3V team can do it ?? In any case it really needs some fixing. Just look at the first posts and screenshots

If you are looking at the bare map, you will find floating clocks and passengers. The lampposts for the clocks are in session layers, different lamps for different sessions (set in the 1980s and 2000s). The height for the passengers is defined in the sessions too, possibly different platforms for different sessions.

Peter

If you are looking at the bare map, you will find floating clocks and passengers. The lampposts for the clocks are in session layers, different lamps for different sessions (set in the 1980s and 2000s). The height for the passengers is defined in the sessions too, possibly different platforms for different sessions.

Peter

If that is so then why is it also happening when you drive the sessions ?? The problems reported are when driving a session not editing the route

The only session with floating clock, which I could find, is the multiplayer session (quick drive isn't a real session, it's the bare map with some rules). This session seems to be created from the bare map, without knowledge of the additionally required session layers.

Peter

Back