"TRS19 Early Access" - Update now to "TRS19 RC1"

Warnings are primarily notifications to content creators to warn then that there assets may be faulty in some way and they should be looked at (i.e. pointing out minor faults that have always been present, and they have probably been unaware of the problem).

Errors may include things like "No longer installed" which in fact isn't really an error unless you had unintentionally removed an item that you required.

Obsolete is fine if the new item is installed. If not, you want to download the most recent version. So view asset versions, select all and download. THis will download the latest version if available.

I ran the two-car passenger train on the
Sebino Lake route and it worked fine with very little or no screen jerkiness. I'm confused about the
Cornish Mainline - TRS19 route. Am I supposed to wait for the conductor/guard before leaving stations?

TANE or TRS19?

Tony,

Just a minor quirk that may be confusing to some users: In the Windows Programs and Features list (Uninstall or change a program), it seems that TRS2019 is still labeled "TANE" in some obscure area of the code. Was that intentional? I'm using Windows 10 and TRS19 build 98510. See screenshot below (click to enlarge).

TANEorTRS2019.jpg

Andrew

Last edited:
Tony,

Just a minor quirk that may be confusing to some users: In the Windows Programs and Features list (Uninstall or change a program), it seems that TRS2019 is still labeled "TANE" in some obscure area of the code. Was that intentional? I'm using Windows 10 and TRS19 build 98510. See screenshot below (click to enlarge).

View attachment 1727

Andrew

Labelled as TRS19 here, one of the original Betas. which I stopped using, was however labelled as TANE in Add / Remove. Suspect it might be due to the patching route?

Labelled as TRS19 here, one of the original Betas. which I stopped using, was however labelled as TANE in Add / Remove. Suspect it might be due to the patching route?

Maybe Windows retained the label from my first EA install? I'd rather not uninstall/reinstall just to fix that. At least I know what it is as I uninstalled TANE yesterday (that's how I noticed). The new icon is what caught my eye and made me wonder.

My game says its up to date, even when i check if there is an update the download box comes up with the new routes but when i click download it doesn't do anything.
The version of my game is 95906. any ideas?

patched to RC1 and EDR quickly and no problem. Maybe a bit late to question this but only just realised the game clock no longer shows seconds. Is there a reason for this? Can it be changed?

Bob

My trs19 build 97556 won't patch to 98510!

Patch failed: failed to read source data appears after starting the patch file.

What's going wrong?

That usually means the download is incomplete or something's happened to your internet connection - try it again if you can.

Shane

Strobing Cabin Shadow Illumination

Hi N3V Team,

I’m seeing heavy strobing of some driver engine cabin textures caused by (I think) dynamic shadows being cast & updated irregularly. This is on the suggested high preset for my machine & it happens even when the train is stopped. It appears that objects in-scene are causing changes to the shadows cast in the cabin and this is making the game engine update the textures and lighting for the cabin view. That makes sense in theory, but it happens so rapidly and jerkily that it appears as though some cabin textures are strobing instead. Saw it just now driving one of the new ECML Edinburg sessions, but it for sure happens on other routes and with other engines to varying degrees.

Bug already submitted BTW.

Thanks,
Diego

I've tried many times, but no result.
i have started the patch directly from within the patch file map.
The message says: 'this application is damaged. Redownload it.'
I downloaded this 5 times.
Everytime the same result.

Is there an offline patch available? I don't have any problems with an offline patch file.

patched to RC1 and EDR quickly and no problem. Maybe a bit late to question this but only just realised the game clock no longer shows seconds. Is there a reason for this? Can it be changed?

Bob

also just found that I've lost the wireframe view in a TS12 imported route ???

Bob

Open the launcher, click Trainz Settings > Install > Change update stream and select TRS19.
Then click check for updates.
Failing that, run the patch installer directly from your install folder.

I drove the Flying Scotsman train on the ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh route. It took me about 3 hours and 30 minutes to drive the train from Kings Cross to Newcastle. The signals at Newcastle won't change from red to yellow or green. I think that the game time is wrong. When I stopped at Newcastle, the game clock reads 3:30 instead of 13:30. I found out that it would take two more hours to go from Newcastle to Edinburgh so I had to save the session. There is little or no screen jerkiness except where the blue crane is when TRS2019 froze for about a minute. The list of stations to stop at or pass is too short. I didn't stop at stations where there were no station names above the track line and
stopped at stations where there were station names above the track line. Are there problems with this route?

UPDATES ARE WORKING FOR ME NOW.

Open the launcher, click Trainz Settings > Install > Change update stream and select TRS19.
Then click check for updates.
Failing that, run the patch installer directly from your install folder.

Thank you Tony, but like some others I will have to wait for the original release.
When I check for updates, I'm told there are no updates available.
When I run the patch installer and try to install to my original folder, I'm told that that my path is already in use.

-Al

OK. When I opened TRS 2019 today the updates started popping up :D. I think I'm at the latest for Mac now: 98509.
Thank you to whomever fixed this.

-Al

Last edited:
Back