TRS19 Route - Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC - OFFICIAL

Hi Bill,

Many trainers are not or were not aware of unusual slow train speed caused by trainz interpreting wrong the correct signal and speed settings. Results where abnormal slow speed. Hkoster1 fought these abnormal behaviors in trs19 by placing every less than 6 miles a signal. The effect was it fooled trainz rules and trains consists behaved normal again. Also some speed settings correct with the real world setting where set slightly higher to haver a better visual response driving long distance. No more yellow or even green signal causing half half the given speed allowed.
All my routes are prototypical so also signals and speed settings are as close to real world as possible.
Finally trainz in trs19 allows users to fidlle with any given route for own use of course.

Roy

Last edited:
Hi Roy,

Yes I have read that TRS19 allows editing of payware but have not yet splashed out on TRS19. I missed the special price offered for black Friday but will update sometime later.

Hi Mike,

Well to be honest most of my routes redone for TRS19 are carefully tested and checked before upload to N3V.
Unfortunately once there i have no control how fast they are able to "package and upload to DLC". They also have their own 'testing beta thing' but for me that is only delaying massively an already good route to be launched.
Following routes are on the n3v CCP lab for many many month but not yet released:

1 Ottertail to Caslte Jct. Laggan Sub This route was promised to be released very very soon.:cool:

Still waiting for release

2 Viktor Lake to Ross Peak and Glacier.
3 West of Golden to Albert Canyon.
4 Baker Creek to West of Calgary.

5 WIP not ready for CCP upload: Cochrane to Calgary.
A massively big route with 'most' of Calgary covered. 2020 upload if things go well.

I fully understand they have to much on their plate to digest and things to fix but for me and my customers it is rather unpleasant.

The good news is for all of us that TRS19 finally is one of the best if not the best train sim in the world and the quality so far reached speaks for itself.:mop:

Oh, ok thanks Roy. Your reply is better then Brian Setzer´s Christmas show!:D

Seriously, even if a bit late, glad to hear/read that. I look forward to there releases.

BTW, got a fast reply from support and all fixed now. Iam just wondering why I don´t see any trees in that downhill route (only one I´ve done so far)? Is it a seasonal thing, or just way to many beavers inbound?

Mike

You inform n3v?
Check if trees are there as dependencies in the route maybe the dl skipped things installing
Let me know

Roy

Yes, I re-opened my last ticket. Might need to open a new one if they don´t reply soon.

I´ll check the dependencies,but my guess is that should be there in the first place. Unless n3v forgot to package it right. Newbi but it makes sense to me...

Mike

Roy,

Can I add my own locos on the sessions? Will the session work as intended this way? Sorry if it´s a newbi question. I just rather use my RRMods locos if I have to ride in them :)

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

I have owned all of Roy's routes since his original TS12 versions. The routes were beautifully created in terms of accuracy and the graphics have improved from TS12 thru TANE and now to TRS19.

I have beta tested both the new Trainz+ and Roy's new TrS19 versions of his routes. They all work perfectly together including massive forests of speedtrees right up to the snowline. There was an early version of Trainz+ which had the problem you describe. Naked mountains no matter how you changed the settings. This only happened with Roy's routes probably because of the sheer quantity of trees being uses. N3V fixed the problem and it now works fine.

As for modifying the sessions: I only use RRmods for driving. The interiors are so much more realistic. I use the BCRail models which wouldn't have been on Roy's routes but at least they look at home. They work just fine but you may have to learn how to modify the sessions in some cases. There will be triggers thet are activated by a particular named locomotive. You will either have to modify the trigger rule to be activated by the RRMod loco or change the name of the loco to be the same as the original locomotive.

I hope you can get it all fixed up. Running a yard session in Golden with the season set to autumn to show off the trees which really do exist all around the town is truly amazing. Make sure you set the maximum distance in the settings to 15k. to truly appreciate Roy's vision of the BC landscape.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your reply. I will study the modifying of sessions as you stated, thanks for pointing that out.

With regards to Roy´s routes, I don´t doubt the trees and quality is there, but obviously something is wrong on my end, or nV3 has messed something up in the compilation or packaging of this DLC. I look forward to having all the routes CA/US North, but I want to sort this out first, as to I don´t want a issue to bring other new issues that I wont understand at this stage of my learning curve.

Mike

PS.: Which BCRails models are you talking about (RRMods)? I have the BC Rail C44-9WL 4641-4644.

Last edited:
Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your reply. I will study the modifying of sessions as you stated, thanks for pointing that out.

With regards to Roy´s routes, I don´t doubt the trees and quality is there, but obviously something is wrong on my end, or nV3 has messed something up in the compilation or packaging of this DLC. I look forward to having all the routes CA/US North, but I want to sort this out first, as to I don´t want a issue to bring other new issues that I wont understand at this stage of my learning curve.

Mike

PS.: Which BCRails models are you talking about (RRMods)? I have the BC Rail C44-9WL 4641-4644.

Mike

I have that BC Rail loco and the 4645-4654 version as well as one of the CN versions. CPR recently renovated a lot of their fleet and I would love to see Adomovic at RRMods do some of these.

Glenn

You inform n3v?
Check if trees are there as dependencies in the route maybe the dl skipped things installing
Let me know

Roy

Everything fixed with this recent TRS 2019 update /SP. Looks great now WOW! Great job Roy! Hope you enjoy your holidays, and again thanks for these beautiful routes!

Mike V.

I have those trees coming right the the window.....all thru the route,theyare a real nuisance....trees would not. be the close to the main line.
otherwise it a real nice route

I have those trees coming right the the window.....all thru the route,theyare a real nuisance....trees would not. be the close to the main line.
otherwise it a real nice route

picture please where you encounter trees on the mainline. 1 picture map view and 1 pict landscape view.

Last edited:
@hosebag: i think you talk about a couple of pine trees that have a randome size as parameter. This means when you insert and move them they change from max size to small size trees. The good news was you can insert/move them as being small size and if not further touch or move them they (should) stay that size.
The bad news is trainz has some glitches whereas those trees suddenly grow to full size steroid treez and than of course cross 1 track.
Nothing i can change from here only N3V can if the want to, its a built-in route.
Tony I am sure would suggest make a route clone and fiddle yourself a little bit with those trees and link the sessions to the clone route.

route version 27 has been presented to n3v this morning.
@hosebag: All weeds, trees young and old were moved those that where to close to or like weed on the track.
Testing the Westbound coal run just finished and saw a few close calls but nothing hitting the consist from what i could see.

CP Rail Freight Run - trigger (?) issue

Hello !

Appologies in advance if this is the wrong thread. I'm being trying the CP Rail Freight Run session and have continously gotten stuck right after delivery the hoppers at Donald Industries. When I try to reconnect the locomotive (CP 3084) to the back of the train that remained on the main, it does not appear to trigger the connection (i.e. the next event) after coupling. This is even though I have full control of the train after said coupling. Is there a trigger that I should look for?

I'm currently running TRS 2019 SP 2 Beta (109037). As I recently became a Silver Memeber, I recently downloded the routes.

I tried coupling in both cab and DCC modes with no luck. The locotomive is always reamins 0.01 miles from the tank car. As a result, I can't complete the rest of the route.

Notwithstanding the issue, you've done some great work with these routes!

Papa_de_05
Eastern Canadian Railfan

Hello !

Appologies in advance if this is the wrong thread. I'm being trying the CP Rail Freight Run session and have continously gotten stuck right after delivery the hoppers at Donald Industries. When I try to reconnect the locomotive (CP 3084) to the back of the train that remained on the main, it does not appear to trigger the connection (i.e. the next event) after coupling. This is even though I have full control of the train after said coupling. Is there a trigger that I should look for?

I'm currently running TRS 2019 SP 2 Beta (109037). As I recently became a Silver Memeber, I recently downloded the routes.

I tried coupling in both cab and DCC modes with no luck. The locotomive is always reamins 0.01 miles from the tank car. As a result, I can't complete the rest of the route.

Notwithstanding the issue, you've done some great work with these routes!

Papa_de_05
Eastern Canadian Railfan

Dear Papa_de_05,

Sorry to hear things not work.
Normally when i launch or deliver/upload for DLC any of my CRM (Canadian rocky Mountains) routes all is tested 100% and working.
The problem starts when later on new releases of TRS19 are published and cause hidden and or obvious errors or trouble in route and or sessions.
If i could help here other than say sorry for something I did not trigger I would for sure but you need to go thru helpdesk N3V to get this solved.
Now this calling helpdesk is not for the faint of heart as you need to produce a lot of information to 'allow' them to repro your problem meaning describe step by step if repoducable what exactly you do to get to the occurring issue.
If that is possible they can have a look at it but not sure what level of priority it will be given.
Sometimes one can trick and fool the system so if you are determined to finish this one try the session when start not work hit F1 (make sure then you have a session clone i think) and delete the last car and/or put another car (eg the same as the one working well in the front of the consist), ......... see if this works.
Just a thought.
Thanks for the nice words.

Roy;)

Last edited:
Papa_de_05 and RoysTrainz,
There was a big problem with the previous non-subscription version of TRS19 involving the navigation displays. A version 4 of this file broke all the sessions for the non-subscription version. I noticed this when the updated version of Columbia River Basin was downloaded, as I was trying to run the CP Rail Freight Run and couldn't couple back up to the train after delivering to Donald industries. I reported this in a bug report.

When N3V came out with the beta for TRS19 109037, this fixed the sessions. I was once again able to run sessions, and checked the Freight Run specifically. Everything was working right and I was able to recouple my engine back to the end of the train.

I just noticed this post and thought to myself, well, everything was working a few weeks ago. I decided to run it right now, and yes, there is a problem. I was finally able to couple to the rear of the consist after the delivery to Donald, but the "Couple" Nav Display did not register, and this meant that no further nav displays were appearing, so the session can't be completed. It's odd that things somehow aren't working right once again.

I'll submit another bug report on this.

Heinrich505

Back