TRS19 Route - Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC - OFFICIAL

RoysTrainz

Rembrandt van Trainz
For those who not know me, I am Roy from Roystrainz a so called trainz veteran seasoned and hardened thru the years since 2004.

TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC as the title indicates runs thru a part of the Canadian Rocky Mountains in the Columbia River Basin section from Redgrave to Parson on the Windermere subsection.
Golden has a Classification yard which is rather large but beautiful for doing a lot of shunting operations and building large consist beauties!

For lovers of mountain routes this is a little gem taking full advantage of TRS219, the best Trainz release ever (so far).

This thread is to allow all TRS19 owners to stay up-to-date with any updates for this route.
Feel free to leave comments about the route to help shape the direction of the route updates.

Roy

:wave:

Thanks Roy . . that is an excellent way to keep people involved and informed . . . . . . . I have only just started trying your route in TRS2019 . . . . . . . as I am building the Clinchfield route in TRS2019 and that takes much of my time . . as well as my TRS2019 tutorials on my Youtube channel. . . . . . . . The Clinchfield is probably similar complexity to your effort as I used DEM covering about 100 miles of the Appalachians . . . . . . . . .. I am getting lots of ideas from your work . . . . . . . . Thanks again . .. . .
Colin's Trains

Hi Colin,

thanks for your post and wish you lots of luck and patience to get the Clinchfield into 2019. Its a lot of work but its worth the effort.
At this moment i cover my Canadian Rocky Mountain Routes prototypical with DEMS from Vancouver to Calgary and bit by bit update them into TRS19. This will keep me busy for 2019 and 2020 but the results are breathtaking.
Have a nice day
Roy

Roy - thanks for the update, this is 1 of my favourite routes. Was not aware of your other routes, but had a look around the web site. Very nice indeed, on my "to buy" list as the TRS19 versions come out.

I have the original Columbia River Basin in TANE, and in TRS19 as it's been ported over. I take it the new TRS19 "Golden BC" and "CRB" re basically the same? I enjoy the sessions in the original and still play them in TRS19. Do you plan to add those sessions in the Golden version eventually?

Thanks again, I will be following this thread closely.

Cheers
Bruce

Those horrible old school 2-D dead trees close to the track need to be replaced!

Morning Bruce, well my website shows only the TANE versions but a lot more is now going on to launch soon the TR19 version. Normally my routes sessions will also be updated and tested on the newer software in this case TRS19.

Roy

Bonjour HPL

well to my surprise2 D dead trees : the only reason for still seeing some stone age assets is because the TRS19 version n3v took was my old TANE version and maybe some old ones slipped the net when fx textures were done. Please show picture and location where you encountered those.
thanks and have a nice weekend

Roy

One unhappy customer here who paid good money for the TS12 version only to loose it in TANE. Only posting this here because my e-mail went unanswered when I asked about it.

LouP

One unhappy customer here who paid good money for the TS12 version only to loose it in TANE. Only posting this here because my e-mail went unanswered when I asked about it.

LouP

I'm not sure what you are referring to here, but I assume you missed out on the discount offer to upgrade from TS12 to TANE? I suggest contacting helpdesk and requesting a new discount code.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here, but I assume you missed out on the discount offer to upgrade from TS12 to TANE? I suggest contacting helpdesk and requesting a new discount code.

Well, that's why I sent the e-mail but it went unanswered.

LouP

thanks Al for the nice post and your welcome.

Enjoy TRS19 as for next year a lot of other goodies are heading trainzers way.

Roy

Hi Roy:

It's been awhile. Great to see that you have continued to work on this fabulous part of our Canadian railway system. :clap:

It is great to have the Rocky Mountaineer done with such wonderful detail. I look forward to additions to the route.

Wishing you and Ning a wonderful Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Derek,Chantal,

Indeed it's been more than a while.
TRS19 finally is a very good basis for all my routes from Vancouver all the way into Calgary.
Porting and revamping them in TRS19 is a daunting task and somewhat a miracle the routes and i survived all the builds n3v launched at us "volunteers".
It is fair to say that more than half of the time spend the last 2 years went into repair or total redo of parts smaller and bigger but the end result is worth every second spent (looking back).
I learned a lot on top of what i already know and the fact i never end trying things even if the scene looks good makes the route and me grow in a positive way.

Yes the Rocky Mountaineer finally looks very nice compared to my first TS12 reskin trials years back it's now fun to drive them.

As said before 2019 and 2020 will bring a lot of goodies and huge routes for trainzers to master and enjoy just sitting on a mountain top and gaze.
Many times while working on the routes i pause and look around and feel it looks good which means i am on the right track.

Wishing you and Chantal also a wonderful Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Cheers,

Roy

:wave:

I am sure you are making these routes what I would call "realistic" or like stations scaled in, as well as industries where found, etc. I just wish there were more functioning industries to play with along the way, Seems a bit odd to run a 100 car loaded coal train over great beautiful distances and not have any mines to refill those hoppers! Thank you for the work.

One of my favorite Trainz endeavors is driving steam and diesel up and down the Rockies on your routes, Roy. I am a particular fan of Rogers Pass. I appreciate and enjoy your work and look forward to making the entire Calgary to Vancouver in TRS 19. Many thanks!

Back