Some news

JAGG

Info taken from steam forum:
thilliam [developer] 14 hours ago
The release date will depend upon the Steam Store review process - but we're very close.

Price will be USD$69.99 which includes:
* 6 routes + 40 sessions + 10 Tutorials
* Over 100 locos
* Over 500 freight and passenger cars
* Over 17,000 scenery items

So that works out to roughly $5 per route, $0.50 per session, $0.10 cents per loco and $0.02 cents per wagon, with everything else thrown in for free!

There is no discount for Trainz A New Era owners, but all your TANE built-in content and DLC content will be available to download in-game into TRS19.

Great news! Means they done (well the RC build was that first clue), but they done that now we just need Gaben to approve. Sweet, steam key soon I hope! Time to max my Gigabit Fios line now!

For those looking to get into Railroad Simulators for the first time, Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 represents exceptional value for money and a great investment in an absorbing hobby that will engage them for many years to come.

For those looking to get into Railroad Simulators for the first time, Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 represents exceptional value for money and a great investment in an absorbing hobby that will engage them for many years to come.

Indeed, but the cynic on me says that many of those hours of engagement will probably be spent updating everything continually :)

The cynicism is understandable reviewing the history of Trainz, but there are a number of differences this time around.

1. With TANE we were creating a new game engine and porting the game over at the same time (which proved to be a much bigger task than anticipated)
2. We've spent 4 years updating TANE, and almost all those changes carry forward into TRS19.
3. We've spent 6 months in beta testing prior to the release of TRS19, identifying things that, if we had released months ago, would have needed immediate fixing.
4. We've improved our testing processes and worked more closely with a large group of testers who have also become more adept at helping us get to the bottom of these issues that occur in very specific circumstance
(yes, there is still room for improvement).

So given that we're starting with a far more robust platform, you won't see anything like the process seen with the updates for TANE.

Back