question about the length of my route?

nugget2225

hi folks, i have a question, how would i go about measuring the length of the route i am creating? do any of the locos/ jointed rails have mph to keep track so i can run end to end to check in miles?, i just finished laying mainline track and it took me 6 months. i am assuming it will take me 3 years to finish total. any help would be appreciated. i started building in TANE and moved over to trainz 2019 without issue.this is a fictional route that hasn't even been named yet.i know there is a ruler, but i would prefer to use a loco to run from end to end.

If you run a train from end to end, the distance traveled is on the track bar, bottom figures.

You can hold your mouse pointer over the track bar and using the scroll wheel on your mouse, make it longer or shorter in length measured, so if you want to know 10ths of a mile you can get that.

Using the odometer is fine, but there is also sforget's <kuid2:117746:23230:1> Track Scanner which works well up through T:ANE HF beta. Haven't tried it in 2019. It seems to work up to 15 miles at a time and you need to ensure all your turnouts are set for the route you are measuring. It will give a count of various track and trackside assets in the range.

:B~)

Back