Can't save session alone - wants to also save route

philskene

I using the latest Build 97556, the one without the beta updates.

I've imported one of my T:ANE layouts into TRS19, made some change and additions, and saved the layout. The layout now shows at trainz-build 4.6

I go to make a session. But when I try to save the session the dialogue box only allows me to save the layout and the session. There is absolutely no way that I can save just the session.

I think this might have been discussed before but I can't find the thread. Was the issue resolved? Is there a solution?

Phil

Edit:
I've done this exact process with other layouts - import layout, make changes, save layout, save just the session. Worked OK then; but not this time. Can't understand why I can't do it this time.

Are you absolutely certain that you have not altered something that is in a route layer - even altering the locked/unlocked status of a route layer counts as an alteration. l have been there, done that many times myself.

If the route is 4.6 and you are not touching anything in the route layer, then the session save should be your only prompt.

I suggest using Create Session, then do nothing other then > System Menu > Save. Does that prompt for just the session?

If so, then go through the various steps done during your edits and keep saving after each action and see where you are hitting the route layer.

For claritry (as I am sure someone will raise it), if you are trying to save a 4.6 session, you will be prompted to save a pre-4.6 route. They both need to be 4.6 to avoid the route save prompt.

I'm doing the normal process:
Select route.
Create Session.
Plonk a locomotive on the track.
Save.

Then all I get is the dialogue box:
"Do you wish to create a new route or overwrite existing route" - followed by several options, all of which involve saving the route.

The layers are on the usual settings. I've tried different locomotives at different locations.

If anyone wants to see if they can succeed where I haven't, download the layout with this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkvjw7ip1...oad Co - Model Trainz Layout_181213c.cdp?dl=0

It requires just a couple of dozen dependencies from the Download Station. It's incomplete -- still work to do on textures, TurfFX, general fiddling, ... - the usual.

Any help appreciated.

Phil

OK, I have tested this with a layout of my own creation.

Route originally build 4.5 TANE imported into TRS19 and selected Save As (both New Route and New Session created) with both given names with TRS19 in titles

• Exit to CM and check Today filter
  • Both new route and session appear as build 4.6
  • Load route and session (4.6) into TRS19 and add a loco in a session layer
  • Ctrl-S
  • Dialogue box with "Do you wish to overwrite the existing session or create a new session?"

I do not have the problem you are describing - TRS19 build 98492

My suspicion is a layer issue.

EDIT: Downloading and installing your layout now.

Last edited:
If the route is 4.6 and you are not touching anything in the route layer, then the session save should be your only prompt.

That is what should happen. But I can confirm that if you follow the suggested steps below ...

I suggest using Create Session, then do nothing other then > System Menu > Save. Does that prompt for just the session?

...you will get "Save new route and session" and cannot select the alternative "Save new session".

Route is 4.6

Last edited:
It seems that if you select a 4.6 route only, then either select Edit Route or View Sessions and Create Session and add something to a session layer then you can only select save BOTH the route and the session. Once saved, then you can save the session by itself (provided only session layers have been edited).

The frustrating thing is that I followed exactly the same process when I updated the Klozett layout and then made sessions. Everything works perfectly in Klozettt but not in Loleta.

I've compared the config.txt files of both layouts. The entries are identical. I've checked the layers flyout when making a session in both. Again identical.

But the result when trying to save a session is very different.

Phil

I have been talking about this. And after more playing around I found that it does not do it to TANE 4.5 routes. Routes before 4.5 make me save the session along with a new route. If I recall, 4.5 routes got new file layouts and a lot of files. TRS19 has a lot of files as well. Once I save the new route when prompt I do not have to do it again, however it gets my KUID. That is my problem. Tony posted to edit the config to the saved route and replace my kuid with the original author's and add :1 and make it a KUID2. But if I make a session on it and want to upload it, anyone who dls it will need my version of the route???

That is also the problem im having with it, the way it is now we can no longer make sessions to use on already made routes. So lets say I have one of Philskene his beautifull layouts and i want to make a session for it then it wants me to save the route as if i made the route so when i would upload my session it would require my saved route version even though nothing has been changed on the route. So many people are gonna find this a huge problem as a lot of people create sessions for other peoples routes.

That is also the problem im having with it, the way it is now we can no longer make sessions to use on already made routes. So lets say I have one of Philskene his beautifull layouts and i want to make a session for it then it wants me to save the route as if i made the route so when i would upload my session it would require my saved route version even though nothing has been changed on the route. So many people are gonna find this a huge problem as a lot of people create sessions for other peoples routes.

It sounds like a bug and with the Tony on the issue and handing this off to the QA Team to look at, there's a bigger chance it will be resolved. This is what we want. Find something, report it, fix it.

As primarily a route builder, I didn't pay attention to this when it occurred when editing the driving sessions I created for my routes. nI all cases I had modified a portal, or flipped a junction lever so when the message came up, I thought it was due to that and thought nothing of it. At other times afterwards, as I added consists on the route, I got the save-session-only message and not the one to save the route too, which again lead me to believe it was normal behavior.

Last edited:
Nothing to see tonight the doctor is giving more medicines. Bummer. Liquid medicines are crappy to drink. RJArtim

Last edited:
QA now have a reproducable case (although not the cause for getting into this state). Hopefully that will be sufficient for Dev to sort out the problem.

Thanks for your help in tracking it down.

Thanks Tony. I look forward to finding out why identical processes of updating two layouts give very different results.

Wonder if you went into the session config file and changed the map kuid back to the original route you could then upload the session?

Rob

The just released RC1 build 98510 seems to have fixed this issue.

You can load a TRS19 route without a session, edit the session and then save the session without having to resave the route as well.

Might have solved your problem, but unfortunately my problem continues.

Updated to RC1 build 98510. With the Port Loleta layout I still can't save just the session.

Wonder if you went into the session config file and changed the map kuid back to the original route you could then upload the session?

Rob
Yes, that has been my way of working around the problem.
FWIW, I'm planning on doing a complete reinstall of TRS19 once it has been released.

Back