Is there a trick to entering the Tranz serial number to use the program ?

myrtlehandel

Hi there,
I've just loaded my Trainz simulator 12 to a new PC but the serial number on the back of my booklet is being rejected. I've tried all manner of combinations, upper case ' lower case with and with out the dash - between every four characters. I was wondering if there is trick to typing it in. At the moment the only thing I can access is this forum through my membership of some time. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Windows 8.1 and the program appeared to load ok, and opens to the front page where all the function button are, ie: Start - Options - Content - Manual etc. When I press start, I get a window that asks for the serial number but it refuses to accept it. Thanks. :'(

Suggest you need to use the same username that you used when you first installed it, which as there is nothing on your time line, looks like it is is not the one you are using at the moment. Serial numbers are locked to one username and can't be changed.
If not that it could be that your firewall is blocking TS12.

I've just loaded my Trainz simulator 12 to a new PC but the serial number on the back of my booklet is being rejected.

The question that has to be asked is where did you get your copy of TRS12? If you bought it "second hand" then that serial number has already been registered to someone else and serial numbers are not transferable. If you purchased it from Steam or the Trainz Store then that serial number would be registered under the username you used when you bought it and that username is not myrtlehandel. Enter your original username and password into Trainz Settings or ask for a refund from the user who sold TRS12 to you.

Using your original username / password, you only need to log into MY TRAINZ where your serial for TS12 will be shown. Download the latest version of TS12 from there and use that same user / password combo in the settings panel. Since you have a new PC, consider upgrading to TRS19. It's a far better experience than TS12. For account assistance, the helpdesk button is at the top right of this page. The only reasons this wont work is, 1) Cant remember username / password 2) Pirated version of game 3) Secondhand copy of game 4) If your account has been permanently banned.
Good luck with getting trainz working
cheers
Graeme

Back