Settle and Carlisle

Patrick I think you have misunderstood what has been posted.

The "19 version" was not a new S&C route updated for TRS19. The "TRS19" added to the title is a Steam requirement presumably to allow it to be downloaded by Steam TRS19 users. It is the same as the TANE version which, presumably because it lacked the "TRS19" in its title, could not be downloaded by Steam TRS19 users.

I know what was said that its the TANE version but people on steam are being told its an updated version and that they need to buy that one in order to use it in 19 if that was so then why am i running the TANE version in 19 it just doesnt make sense at all. Would be better if on steam people were told the same exact thing that its the same as the TANE version because so many people are now buying it again while they already bought it. Good thing I only get any item for Trainz right of the Auran site iself and not steam. I dont trust steam when it comes to Trainz

Hi Patrick31
To make the DLC pack available through Steam, Steam requires us to have 'Trainz 2019' in the title (actually, they initially wanted all DLC packs to have 'Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019' in the title; we managed to get the ok to use the shortened name because of the length of some DLC names!).

For steam, each release of Trainz also needs to have separate listings of the DLC packs for them to be listed for those releases of Trainz.

Steam will also automatically mark the DLC pack as 'Requires Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019' in the description, because that version of the DLC is for TRS19.

This is, unfortunately, all 'set in stone' by Steam, and cannot be changed by us.

However we can confirm that if you already own the Settle and Carlisle pack for TANE, it will work in TRS19. The route and content will be the same, unless changed in TRS19 itself, no changes for TRS19 have been made.

Regards

Don't write us off yet Malc. Also we have been looking at the S&C for a major upgrade, but of course that will take time.

Likewise good to hear, however aware that these frequent shiftings of Goal Posts are making it difficult to get anything finished, having to change quite a few things on my L&B + Barnstaple Junction and Victoria Road Stations route which is now running a year behind what I intended!

Hi Patrick31
To make the DLC pack available through Steam, Steam requires us to have 'Trainz 2019' in the title (actually, they initially wanted all DLC packs to have 'Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019' in the title; we managed to get the ok to use the shortened name because of the length of some DLC names!).

For steam, each release of Trainz also needs to have separate listings of the DLC packs for them to be listed for those releases of Trainz.

Steam will also automatically mark the DLC pack as 'Requires Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019' in the description, because that version of the DLC is for TRS19.

This is, unfortunately, all 'set in stone' by Steam, and cannot be changed by us.

However we can confirm that if you already own the Settle and Carlisle pack for TANE, it will work in TRS19. The route and content will be the same, unless changed in TRS19 itself, no changes for TRS19 have been made.

Regards

Thank you for the info

Purchased S&C and Murchison 2 through the Amazon store as a digital download years ago .
Tried to import both from my TS12 installation

Well , i'm a bit sad and angry .

Sad , because my TANE installation shows S&C as payware , not active while Murchison 2 gives me unknows kuids .

Angry , because i don't understand why should i have to purchase again S&C .

Uninstalling both . :(

Purchased S&C and Murchison 2 through the Amazon store as a digital download years ago .
Tried to import both from my TS12 installation

Well , i'm a bit sad and angry .

Sad , because my TANE installation shows S&C as payware , not active while Murchison 2 gives me unknows kuids .

Angry , because i don't understand why should i have to purchase again S&C .

Uninstalling both . :(

These routes can't be imported from TS12 SP1 HF4 (Build 61388) due to the DRM package-install, or essentially the same method you have now with TRS19.

SNC should download automatically when you install the first time because you purchased that already. Murchison, however, is not available at the moment because it's in midst of a huge rebuild by Sir Gibby. This process is taking sometime and there have been a few screenshots showing progress. When that route is available, we will then be able to install it. My guess is there will be a charge because the route is being expanded as well as upgraded.

These routes can't be imported from TS12 SP1 HF4 (Build 61388) due to the DRM package-install, or essentially the same method you have now with TRS19.

SNC should download automatically when you install the first time because you purchased that already. Murchison, however, is not available at the moment because it's in midst of a huge rebuild by Sir Gibby. This process is taking sometime and there have been a few screenshots showing progress. When that route is available, we will then be able to install it. My guess is there will be a charge because the route is being expanded as well as upgraded.

Hm, the same here. I can't 'see' SNC within T:ANE nor within TRS19 as an 'autodownload' although I've purchased it.
So I logged in 'MyTrainz' today and I can confirm it still exists. But at the top of 'MyTrainz' there is a warning message that tells me following:

>>>start of citation<<<
IMPORTANT INFORMATION

TANE will download DLC automatically in game. DLC downloads on this page are for people who wish to install the DLC in products pre TS12 SP1.
>>>end of citation<<<

So it seems I have to rebuy if I want them reuse in TANE or TRS19?
BTW: The same issue is true for 'Trainz DLC: BR Class 14'

_______
Josef

Hm, the same here. I can't 'see' SNC within T:ANE nor within TRS19 as an 'autodownload' although I've purchased it.
So I logged in 'MyTrainz' today and I can confirm it still exists. But at the top of 'MyTrainz' there is a warning message that tells me following:

>>>start of citation<<<
IMPORTANT INFORMATION

TANE will download DLC automatically in game. DLC downloads on this page are for people who wish to install the DLC in products pre TS12 SP1.
>>>end of citation<<<

So it seems I have to rebuy if I want them reuse in TANE or TRS19?
BTW: The same issue is true for 'Trainz DLC: BR Class 14'

_______
Josef

It appears then there's something wrong, and I would contact the helpdesk to report the problem. I say this because when I've installed T:ANE or TRS19 for that matter, from scratch the SNC downloaded fine.

The original Settle and Carlisle was updated for TANE a new version and was available to buy at a reduced cost for existing owners, that offer has now long long expired.

From British Trainz back in 2016

[h=3]S&C for TANE released (Payware)[/h] by Nexusdj » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Just a heads up to let TANE users know that the TANE compatible version of the excellent Payware S&C route has been released and is available from Simulator central (N3V online shop) : http://www.simulatorcentral.com/index.php/trainz-route-settle-and-carlisle.html

Cost is AUS $29.99 but if you have TANE and the TS12 version of S&C installed and "registered" then you should of received an email from the Trainz Team with a discount code which reduces the price down to AUS $7.50 (about £4.70 at today's (19/7/16) exchange rate) .

https://forum.british-trainz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3197&sid=c2f88894a4b8fef63c31dbb6d28a9c89

Note the offer has long expired.
Pays to buy DLC from N3V or Steam and not superceeded out of date versions from some third party Amazon site.
There is a post or thread on here somewhere but the British Trainz search works a bit quicker!

I am trying to add settle and carlisle which i bought on steam to trainz simulator 2009 WBE but it is saying that the serial number isn't valid and it needs to be english. I have added it to my account of the website but it wont add on trainz simulator 2009 WBE. I've tried the tutorial from steam and it didn't work. I need help doing this. My dad isnt letting me download anymore trainz even though it wont work but i need TS 2012 I guess to make it work.

Back