Settle and Carlisle

HPL

TRS2019 version can be bought on Steam (release date is today), but the game can't...

The screenshots on Steam don't show much difference from old version.

Quite, the Tane version seems to be fine in TRS19, and doesn't appear to have been updated as such other than it's now v14 and build 4.5 and I doubt the S&C team is even still active let alone updating it.

I'd be careful that you don't buy something you don't need to? Wait until the release date for TRS19 and see if it updates. If on the beta, I'm not actually sure but you may well already have it.

Quite, the Tane version seems to be fine in TRS19, and doesn't appear to have been updated as such other than it's now v14 and build 4.5 and I doubt the S&C team is even still active let alone updating it.

I'd be careful that you don't buy something you don't need to? Wait until the release date for TRS19 and see if it updates. If on the beta, I'm not actually sure but you may well already have it.

I had the one way back from Trainz Classic then I received the updated one for Trainz 12 and now have one in TRS 19 it could however do with an update as some of the textures are a little outdated if you ask me.

some of the textures are a little outdated

It looks like they are exactly the same than before! Description says the route has been updated for T:ANE and also that it needs TRS2019 to work. I don't really understand...

Last edited:
It looks like they haven't been updated at all.

I would think that probably the only updates are to things that changes in TRS19 code and scripting broke, possibly why it needs TRS19? Can't see any difference in anything visible.

Thanks for the heads-up. It appears one of the TANE DLC items has snuck out of the preview section into the live site.

To clarify the nature of the DLC (for Steam and our Trainz store)

1. All previously released TANE builtin and DLC items will be available to purchase or download into TRS19.
2. The items you already own will be free to download and will appear in-game when you run TRS19.
3. None of the TANE items have been updated with TRS19 turf, textures, materials etc.
4. If you buy the TRS19 DLC version it will work only in TRS19 (but once you've installed TRS19, you're only going back to TANE to export your local content).
5. The TRS19 packages are different to the TANE DLC packages due to different base content sets between TANE and TRS19
6. The actual routes and sessions are the same for TANE and TRS19.

I hope that clarifies things.

And just to ensure the message keeps getting out there, DO NOT try to mix TANE and TRS19 content. In other words:
1. Keep your TANE local data folders separate from TRS19 local data folders
2. Do not try to copy files directly from TANE local data folders to TRS19 local data folders
3. Do not export builtin or payware content from TANE (it won't work - it will show errors due to missing textures etc)
4. Do download the content into TRS19 when prompted
5. Do export your non-builtin content from TANE to TRS19.

Last edited:
So does that mean the Settle and Carlisle we already own and use in TRS19 will be updated ? Because the moment I had 19 installed it also installed my already owned Settle and Carlisle

No - see point #3.

Steam users don't have access as yet, so this is more aimed at them.

So does that mean the Settle and Carlisle we already own and use in TRS19 will be updated ? Because the moment I had 19 installed it also installed my already owned Settle and Carlisle

With TRS19 any payware routes you have purchased with T:ANE and TS12 as DLC will be available for download. Some routes so far are the same versions you already have, while others such as the Canadian route by Royz Trainz, for example, have been updated for T:ANE.

So for now unless the route has been updated to TRS19 version, you'll have the T:ANE version available to download along with any other DLC content you already own.

With TRS19 any payware routes you have purchased with T:ANE and TS12 as DLC will be available for download. Some routes so far are the same versions you already have, while others such as the Canadian route by Royz Trainz, for example, have been updated for T:ANE.

So for now unless the route has been updated to TRS19 version, you'll have the T:ANE version available to download along with any other DLC content you already own.

Not what im asking, already got the version currently available installed, im asking if it will be updated to the upcoming 19 version

I think the confusion here is that in Steam, we have to have the product name in the title of the DLC, so we add "TRS19" to each of the DLC items.

So you have Settle and Carlisle installed from Trainz Store.
In Steam you would have TRS19 Settle and Carlisle>
These are the same thing.

So the route you have is the latest version.

I think the confusion here is that in Steam, we have to have the product name in the title of the DLC, so we add "TRS19" to each of the DLC items.

So you have Settle and Carlisle installed from Trainz Store.
In Steam you would have TRS19 Settle and Carlisle>
These are the same thing.

So the route you have is the latest version.

Ok got it, so does this version get updated at some point then with new 19 items ? Becsuse it does look a bit outdated if you ask me

Tony 'splained it pretty well. Yeah I sure hope so too.

Unlikely - From S&C site.

Website update status:
I would like to take this opportunity, on behalf of the entire team, to thank everyone who has purchased the Settle and Carlisle package, or will purchase it in future, and say that we appreciate their custom and support, but we now feel that it is time for us to move on.
As a result we envisage that there will be no further updates to this website. The website will still provide a download resource for users, but nothing new will be added. We will review the hosting situation periodically and assess the traffic on the site to decide whether to extend the availability.
Once again, thanks for the custom and support.
The package is still available for purchase and will continue to be supported, we just don't plan to make anything new for it at this stage.
If you enjoyed S&C you may be interested in our new offering, the Potteries Loop Line. If you wish to know more about it you can access the support site for it by clicking the image below.

And looking at the fact that the PLL update is dead in the water.

Then why did they release a 19 version ? As posted at the start of the topic

Patrick I think you have misunderstood what has been posted.

The "19 version" was not a new S&C route updated for TRS19. The "TRS19" added to the title is a Steam requirement presumably to allow it to be downloaded by Steam TRS19 users. It is the same as the TANE version which, presumably because it lacked the "TRS19" in its title, could not be downloaded by Steam TRS19 users.

Back