Enable repeat

Ghost42

Those among you who use the Scheule rule to feed industries will be of help here.
I have set up a demo session of a powerstation and coalmine on a single board.

When I have used the rule previously there would be a long haul between industries and no doubt I never checked its operation over time.

Initial tests showed the consist do a faultless run then sit there while the powerplant ran out of fuel.
After checking on google etc and many posts I added the 'enable repeat' rule after the initial wait instruction, the consist now feeds non-stop.
Could someone shed some light on this please?

I am having problems understanding your post and question.

I cannot find any rule called "enable repeat" either builtin or on the DLS. Can you supply kuids of the rules and commands you are describing?

I am having problems understanding your post and question.

I cannot find any rule called "enable repeat" either builtin or on the DLS. Can you supply kuids of the rules and commands you are describing?
EnableRepeat
http://www.js-home.org/trainz/enablerepeat/
Having looked at the webpage it is added to the Driver Setup instead of in the Schedule Library, I'll try that.
Doing that killed the Schedule kicking in :(

Last edited:
I am using Schedule Library <kuid2:82445:90001:9>
resource verify rule (fixed) <kuid:160293:10060>
Driver Schedule Rule <kuid2:82445:90001:9>
Copy Commands From <kuid2:192081:!:7>

When you set up a driver in the driver set up rule you give it some commands and then select repeat. This will keep repeating those commands. If you also add a copy commands from a schedule library into that list it will show up as enable repeat when it is run once or else you would keep having the schedule being added every time the driver set up was repeated. If you are only using the schedule library you can add the copy schedule command at the end to make it repeat that schedule.

On both my TANE installations, <kuid2:192081:2:4> Enable Repeat is shown as built in.

Enable repeat is usually used at the point in the library schedule where repeating is to begin.

Use of the regular driver menu Repeat option is not advised within library schedules.

There is also a <kuid2:520252:100151:1> Disable Repeat command which is useful when it is desired to break out of a repeat loop when a session variable reaches a specified condition.

EDIT: <kuid2:192081:12:5> Schedule Library is the latest version available

Regards - Trevor

Last edited:
The enable repeat maybe redundant in this case, which is causing the schedule to run once then stop. Think about what your drivers are supposed to do and follow the logic.

From my own experience, even the repeat, old red-dot one, has this issue as well within a schedule, but works fine on the outside in the driver's command bar.

For my tram route, my Gloucester Terminal Electric, I use the copy commands from. insert schedule ---> insert same schedule---> insert same schedule, etc., for five or six repeats, like this before I send my various trams back to the car barn for an hour then repeat the schedule again.

If our repeat commands had a repeat n-times, and could be inserted multiple times within a schedule, that would be very useful, but my method works, however clumsy it is and I think this is what you are trying to achieve.

Train sits outside the powerstation.
Powerstation coal level drops to a set level kicking in the Schedule.
Train discharges load, heads to the colliery to reload, heads back to the waiting point.
Rinse and repeat.

Thought I had cracked this a year ago, not so.

If our repeat commands had a repeat n-times, and could be inserted multiple times within a schedule, that would be very useful, but my method works, however clumsy it is and I think this is what you are trying to achieve.

Gave it a try, the first schedule is controlled by the level of coal, the rest not, just a continuous loop. Worth trying though.
After hours of permutations my mind says it cannot be achieved.

You create the schedule in schedule library from the waiting point back to the waiting point. You then place copy commands from library (select same schedule) at the end for the train to repeat the same instructions. If you set up several routines in schedule library you can then assign a driver in driver set up to copy schedule 1 followed by copy schedule 3 and then repeat. This will insert schedule 1 and it will delete the commands as it goes through the schedule but it will leave an enable repeat command in the place of the copy command. The same will happen for the next schedule. Then driver will repeat the driver commands and enable repeat will insert the copy schedule 1. In the past if you used repeat in driver set up it would keep adding the schedule until you had many copies of it in the driver command list.

Last edited:
You create the schedule in schedule library from the waiting point back to the waiting point. You then place copy commands from library (select same schedule) at the end for the train to repeat the same instructions. If you set up several routines in schedule library you can then assign a driver in driver set up to copy schedule 1 followed by copy schedule 3 and then repeat. This will insert schedule 1 and it will delete the commands as it goes through the schedule but it will leave an enable repeat command in the place of the copy command. The same will happen for the next schedule. Then driver will repeat the driver commands and enable repeat will insert the copy schedule 1. In the past if you used repeat in driver set up it would keep adding the schedule until you had many copies of it in the driver command list.

hanks, I'll set that up tomorrow.
T

I use “Resource Verify Rule” to check on the coalin my power plant. I have a train loaded with coal setting outside waiting.When the plant needs coal the “Resource Verify Rule” sends a message to “DriverSchedule Rule” and it inserts the driver commands from the Schedule Library tothe train which unloads the coal goes to the mine loads and comes back to thepower plant and parks. There are no repeats used. The whole thing runs againwhen the “Resource Verify Rule” checks and sees that coal is needed.

I have 'Resource Verify Rule (fixed)' in operation.
Can't remember if I have used that combination, I'll give it a try.
I shall make up a cdp and put it on my site for checking / alteration.

I use “Resource Verify Rule” to check on the coalin my power plant. I have a train loaded with coal setting outside waiting.When the plant needs coal the “Resource Verify Rule” sends a message to “DriverSchedule Rule” and it inserts the driver commands from the Schedule Library tothe train which unloads the coal goes to the mine loads and comes back to thepower plant and parks. There are no repeats used. The whole thing runs againwhen the “Resource Verify Rule” checks and sees that coal is needed.

I found an earlier version that I made with an early version of Tane. It was embedded in my website.
After it took at least 5 minutes to load I found the only difference was a standard repeat after the instructions in the Schedule Library.

Applied this to the latest version and all is well, I think the 'EnableRepeat' rule threw me well out.

The setup now reflects your setup.

Back