RC2 Now ready for testing

Had no problems running the precache util...

Can someone tell this newbie what a "prebuild" does? I searched Wiki and docs but found no explanation. Found this in forums:

It appears it pre-caches? Why would this be needed after a patch? (How ofter should this be done?)

I not only like to do.... I like to understand.....

Got exactly the same question

Perhaps I should have left that piece out until it was explained in more detail.

Short, short version is that the trainzutil command "prebuild" will take every installed asset and "precache" it. This is nomrally part of our full build process and ensures that the content is loaded more quickly and efficiently.

For now, if confused, don't worry and simply avoid the prebuild stage. The game will precache all the content individually as it loads into each route.

Did the Prebuild again, 1 error and 11485 warnings wow everything seem to be working alright though

Most are in the K-Invisible stations and K_platform and such and pretty much all samplaire his material like tracks etc.

btw. after this prebuild I now have only one Sebino Lake that wants to download so I will keep ignoring that one, I assume it will be taken out on the release version ??

Last edited:
I've been using the prebuild for a few builds now, gets rid of the precaching messages, took about 40 minutes here.
No issues with the Install of the patch, nothing faulty other than Therese which is still missing dependencies, as a builtin this really needs sorting before release!

This new build is looking sensationally good! Like the way the ATSF C30-7 has acquired a new, higher-detailed cab too. That will ensure I use it more often.
Did get one novel and curious assertion dialog after running one of my sessions for just over an hour without any issues. Just as I exited the session without saving (as per usual), this assertion dialog popped up:

specsmgr.jpg

:)

I got this in the previous build on exit and then I checked my data folder and there was a cache dump in there. I was going to report the error then we got the patch up. After driving last night, I didn't get this message.

Perhaps I should have left that piece out until it was explained in more detail.

Short, short version is that the trainzutil command "prebuild" will take every installed asset and "precache" it. This is nomrally part of our full build process and ensures that the content is loaded more quickly and efficiently.

For now, if confused, don't worry and simply avoid the prebuild stage. The game will precache all the content individually as it loads into each route.
Too much information LOL
So once precached by the prebuild, they stay that way until .... ?
I suppose that new downloads will not be precached nor new imports from CDP files or other sources.
Once a route has gone through the precaching phase on opening, will those objects stay precached for any other route that uses them?

Rik81
I got 108 errors, but only 2577 warnings. I assume we can ignore all of that?
Suggest you review the items listed as 'Errors' for opportunities to fix the underlying assets/ causes, which are referencing KUIDS installed on your build that might be the source of problems you'll encounter whilst running sessions or opening routes containing these errant items. Fix as many of them as you can with tools such as AssetX and PEV's Tools.
I find the error lists generated by a completed Extended Database Repair or Trainzutil 'Prebuild' run are helpful in tracking down recalcitrant installed assets.
I have very few items listed as faulty these days (though heaps of 'warnings').
Main culprits that are remaining after I fixed most seem to be 'Duplicate attached track @ Track 1'-type errors in Maddy25s Road intersections (found, for example in Mojave Sub) and any items that are missing dependencies where said dependencies are at 'Unknown locations'.

Last edited:
DLoad and Install went quickly. Jumped right into my saved session and everything even smoother and more beautiful than before. How are you guys doing it?

...and a question... are you guys gonna fix the green "reflections" on the bogies, or do I have to go and fix mine. I doubt if I can find the original files on some of mine so they may not get fixed. Just wondering.

But thanks for a great train simulator!!!

:clap::Y:

Interesting command that prebuild.
I managed 429 errors and 30,340 warnings in 27 minutes. Said it had precached 50933 whereas I have 52375 items installed. Does that mean that some could not be precached?

Prebuild won't precache items where, for example, there are missing dependencies.
Your 'faulty' items are among those not precached.

Hi, I'm an TRS2019 Early Access user, so no beta runs for me. I do have a question on the "prebuild". Is a prebuild needed (or done automatically) when you drastically change your performance options? Or once a prebuild is done, you're set for good?

Thanks! :wave:

Andrew

precache is per build. So during beta, we tend to release content that is not precached. For official releases, the precache is done as part of our release plan, so you don't need to worry about it at all.

Back