Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RC2 Now ready for testing

Default RC2 Now ready for testing

Two new builds are ready for you test:

98463 to 98492 (PC)
    98464 to 98491 (Mac)

This will mean that your recently downloaded content will not be precached once you've updated.

You won't need to redownload, but you may like to run the trainzutil command 'prebuild' which will take 10 minutes to an hour or more to run depending on what you have installed.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Blog Entries

First assertion message just after starting Pisgone - Rovato Borgo session.

Staying calm and carrying on.

EDIT: Assertion not repeated on second attempt.
    Last edited by pware; December 11th, 2018 at 10:46 PM.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Blog Entries

Download and running a previously created session. No problems so far.
    Also ran a previously saved session after the notification about content having been updated since the last time. Said OK and the session continued where it left of several builds ago.
    More testing to follow.
    Not sure about prebuild command.

70337:
    TRS19 build 98592| Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

No need to panic. This is a known, non-critical issue. It probably won't reappear until a restart (and will most likely reappear at the same location as the first time).
    Tony Hilliam

Where exactly do i find this prebuild command ? I must be getting old cause i think im just overlooking it lol

Well my SEBINO LAKE appears to be working again, with this latest build, thank you very much! (but it is late for me now so more testing tomorrow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick31 View Post
    Where exactly do i find this prebuild command ? I must be getting old cause i think im just overlooking it lol
    From the Trainz Wiki page:

TrainzUtil is a command line utility and cannot be started from the Trainz Launcher. To start TrainzUtil open a command prompt and navigate to your Trainz "bin" directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Auran\TS2010\Bin or D:N3V Games\Trainz A New Era etc). You can then launch TrainzUtil with command arguments as below.

NOTE: Due to the Windows command prompt treating the '<' and '>' characters as pipe operators, be sure to include quotes around any KUID parameters. For example:
    trainzutil delete "<kuid:87854:982511580>"

You need to look at the Wiki Page, http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/TrainzUtil, to see the full list of the arguments that can be used, including of course, "prebuild".
    Geoff

Which is now updated to include this info:

In TRS19, you can enable trainzutil by clicking Trainz Settings > Dev > Enable Advanced debug commands, then restarting the game. You can then run the trainzutil commands from Launcher > Developer > Run trainzutil command.
    Tony Hilliam

Thanks for that update.
    Geoff

This new build is looking sensationally good! Like the way the ATSF C30-7 has acquired a new, higher-detailed cab too. That will ensure I use it more often.
    Did get one novel and curious assertion dialog after running one of my sessions for just over an hour without any issues. Just as I exited the session without saving (as per usual), this assertion dialog popped up:

Other than that, the patch went smoothly and was almost instantaneous. Was up and running in under a minute from go to whoa.
    All my settings preferences were retained and there were no new 'Faulties' or 'Out of Dates'.
    Confirming that Saved Game functionality is back and working OK.

Keen to hear what others are experiencing. This release candidate is shaping up well so far.
    Last edited by PC_Ace; December 12th, 2018 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Added new info...

This could be the one. Fast, smooth and so far works as it should. Highly reccommend running prebuild. Only one time critical block assertion in surveyor on a WIP route so far. No problems with faulties or missed files in the DB like the last build. A joy to run.
    cheers
    Graeme

Okay, I found the trainzutil - what exactly, (word for word please) do we type in the command line parameters window?

Thanks

United States of America, New York, Staten Island

I was running a passenger train on the 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches route when my train passed another train that was stopped at a station and I got the message shown below:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    I was running a passenger train on the 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches route when my train passed another train that was stopped at a station and I got the message shown below:
    I have seen that type of assertion message many times in previous TRS19 betas so it is nothing new. It appears to have no affect on gameplay.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Quote Originally Posted by brucem56 View Post
    Okay, I found the trainzutil - what exactly, (word for word please) do we type in the command line parameters window?

Thanks
    Prebuild (yes, it's that simple)

cheers
    Graeme
    Last edited by grazlash; December 12th, 2018 at 07:16 AM.