RC2 Now ready for testing

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Two new builds are ready for you test:

98463 to 98492 (PC)
98464 to 98491 (Mac)

This will mean that your recently downloaded content will not be precached once you've updated.

You won't need to redownload, but you may like to run the trainzutil command 'prebuild' which will take 10 minutes to an hour or more to run depending on what you have installed.

First assertion message just after starting Pisgone - Rovato Borgo session.

Assertion98492-01.png

Staying calm and carrying on.

EDIT: Assertion not repeated on second attempt.

Last edited:
Download and running a previously created session. No problems so far.
Also ran a previously saved session after the notification about content having been updated since the last time. Said OK and the session continued where it left of several builds ago.
More testing to follow.
Not sure about prebuild command.

No need to panic. This is a known, non-critical issue. It probably won't reappear until a restart (and will most likely reappear at the same location as the first time). :)

Where exactly do i find this prebuild command ? I must be getting old cause i think im just overlooking it lol

Well my SEBINO LAKE appears to be working again, with this latest build, thank you very much! (but it is late for me now so more testing tomorrow.)

Where exactly do i find this prebuild command ? I must be getting old cause i think im just overlooking it lol

From the Trainz Wiki page:

TrainzUtil is a command line utility and cannot be started from the Trainz Launcher. To start TrainzUtil open a command prompt and navigate to your Trainz "bin" directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Auran\TS2010\Bin or D:N3V Games\Trainz A New Era etc). You can then launch TrainzUtil with command arguments as below.

NOTE: Due to the Windows command prompt treating the '<' and '>' characters as pipe operators, be sure to include quotes around any KUID parameters. For example:
trainzutil delete "<kuid:87854:982511580>"

You need to look at the Wiki Page, http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/TrainzUtil, to see the full list of the arguments that can be used, including of course, "prebuild".

Which is now updated to include this info:

In TRS19, you can enable trainzutil by clicking Trainz Settings > Dev > Enable Advanced debug commands, then restarting the game. You can then run the trainzutil commands from Launcher > Developer > Run trainzutil command.

This new build is looking sensationally good! Like the way the ATSF C30-7 has acquired a new, higher-detailed cab too. That will ensure I use it more often.
Did get one novel and curious assertion dialog after running one of my sessions for just over an hour without any issues. Just as I exited the session without saving (as per usual), this assertion dialog popped up:

specsmgr.jpg

Other than that, the patch went smoothly and was almost instantaneous. Was up and running in under a minute from go to whoa.
All my settings preferences were retained and there were no new 'Faulties' or 'Out of Dates'.
Confirming that Saved Game functionality is back and working OK.

Keen to hear what others are experiencing. This release candidate is shaping up well so far. :)

Last edited:
This could be the one. Fast, smooth and so far works as it should. Highly reccommend running prebuild. Only one time critical block assertion in surveyor on a WIP route so far. No problems with faulties or missed files in the DB like the last build. A joy to run.
cheers
Graeme

Okay, I found the trainzutil - what exactly, (word for word please) do we type in the command line parameters window?

Thanks

I was running a passenger train on the 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches route when my train passed another train that was stopped at a station and I got the message shown below:

rGDvJNa.png

I was running a passenger train on the 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches route when my train passed another train that was stopped at a station and I got the message shown below:

I have seen that type of assertion message many times in previous TRS19 betas so it is nothing new. It appears to have no affect on gameplay.

Hello.

TrainzUtil prebuild done, ~10 minutes for me.

85 errors 31498 warnings

44807 assets precached

Regards

You won't need to redownload, but you may like to run the trainzutil command 'prebuild' which will take 10 minutes to an hour or more to run depending on what you have installed.

Had no problems running the precache util...

Can someone tell this newbie what a "prebuild" does? I searched Wiki and docs but found no explanation. Found this in forums:
You need to run the TrainzUtil command from the Trainz launcher - there ... you tried using the prebuild command instead to force a precache?

It appears it pre-caches? Why would this be needed after a patch? (How ofter should this be done?)

UPDATE:
Visited the Wiki page referenced by Tony and searched "prebuild" - came up empty. There was however serveral usages of "prebuilt." Confused as he says it was updated and includes "prebuild."

I not only like to do.... I like to understand.....

Last edited:
Back