How are the frame rates with 2019?

gt350

Sorry if this question has been asked, but I couldn't find it. Now that everyone has had a chance to build some routes. You might be able to answer the frame rate question. I was concerned what the frame rates would be compared to Tane since the graphics looks so much better. Also the redraw rate.

Thanks
Chuck

My experience is that the frame rates are as good or better than with TANE. I run my routes with all the sliders maxed out. I do have a NVidia 1080 Ti graphics card which helps a lot.

I think the consensus is that if you achieved satisfactory performance with TANE you will be very happy with TS2019.

Yup - Much as I loved T:ANE - the superior framerate performance, capabilities and visual splendor of TRS19 has meant that I now spend almost all of my Trainz time exclusively in TRS2019.
T:ANE still sports better treatment and flexibility in terms of Post Processing effects, however.
For questionable reasons which have not been explained clearly yet, the N3V Devs have baked in some mandatory Post Processing settings to suit their parallax and PBR texture needs and to the detriment of visual clarity.
Even more disappointingly, they have also enforced LODs to the extent that most consists - and many game objects - disappear from view way too early, even when the user has set long draw distances and has a high performance GPU capable of rendering them with impunity at decent frame-rates and with the majority of the performance sliders and shadows maxed out.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the replies. Maybe the redraw issue will be fixable. Did anyone import their T:ane route(s) to TR2019? If so were the upgraded graphics what you expected?

Thanks everyone for the replies. Maybe the redraw issue will be fixable. Did anyone import their T:ane route(s) to TR2019? If so were the upgraded graphics what you expected?
It's better than I expected and way ahead of T:ANE. I only run a 1060 6gb and get great performance with shadows on high and 6km draw distance with draw behind off. If you have the hardware to run it, then TRS19 is a magnificent experience. I've imported many routes into TRS19 and they instantly look more realistic because of the upgraded lighting and improved depth of field. Speed trees are the way to go as they run from libraries off the gpu and are not cpu hogs like billboards. A few clicks in bulk asset update and replace tool can give the oldest looking routes a HD makeover in minutes. There are several new manual post processing effects such as heat haze which will take some experimentation to use effectively. Overall TRS19 is not just an incremental improvement but a huge leap forward.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:

I've brought all my routes in and then some. Here's the Hoosac Tunnel route (WIP) by Steamboateng

2018-11-22 121150.jpg 2018-11-22 121213.jpg

Here's some early morning driving on the famous East Kentucky:

2018-12-09 222446.jpg 2018-12-09 222402.jpg

Back