TRS19 Final Release Candidate ready for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Thanks for advice, but you forgot some things:

1. This new popup window for driver has two very usefull informations, 1.1 focus on driver and 1.2 text with information what the train do in this moment. If the drivers are turn off (as you advice) then we can't see this informations

2. Driver window take to much space on the screen, without any particular reason

3. only four drivers are visual, we are running routes with 30 trains and more, and N3V reduce number of drivers which we see at once ( before we had 7 driver )

4. drivers are not good looking. BTW one girl cross-eyed (squint), she has brown hair. Is this the new TM of Trainz?

5, i will never understand that the good solution and better looking solution is changed with worse one

regards
celje

He isn't telling you to turn the drivers off, just the animation. You have a choice to show animated drivers or not animated (they look like they did in TANE). See the attached images.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I strongly agree with your 3rd point - the images are much too big and if you run a lot of trains this window is a space hog. Please make the images much smaller and shrink the window.

Last edited:
A whole bunch of qatestscxxxxx showed up this morning so testing will be on hold until they complete downloading.

Meanwhile, beating a dead zombie, could they at least have a passing resemblance to the driver. I know we're in an age of gender fluidity but could they at least be tagged correctly and associated with the correct driver type? Right now, it looks like they are just randomly picked.

While waiting for the downloads to finish, are there any plans to assign the clutter and turfFx to the Paint tab? Seems to have more in common with that then topology. And how about giving more user friendly label names instead of the programmer-centric names to the various parameters. I think it would go a long way to making these easier to use by more people.

What is more weird is when you have ananimated girl as driver then when you look in the cab thereis a complete different person, a guy she also has a guys name lol.

No. The Sebino "named" route is available for all Early Access Users. We are unable to remove it from your download without removing it for everyone. So it is safe to ignore that download.
Sorry, not possible to ignore. I rolled down below it and said DOWNLOAD ALL, and it popped back to the top and DL Sebino. Okay, so I should of done them 1 at a time, bad me.

Brucem56

I have not beta, only EA build 97556. In this build is not possible to eliminate or change drivers faces. Or i'm missing something.

Just installed the latest version,along with QATestSC 484, 486 and 490 but i now have also 2 times a sebino lake in there both are 8 parts, do i ignore both or do i have to download one ? And if so which one because they are both named the same. And what routes have been updated what routes are 484, 486 and 490 ?

Brucem56

I have not beta, only EA build 97556. In this build is not possible to eliminate or change drivers faces. Or i'm missing something.

Are you telling me you don't have a menu option? Click the wrench button and open the menu, then deselect the "Animated Portraits" option

Yes i can do this, but it don't solve the problem, this faces are still there.

You didn't say you wanted the faces to disappear completely, you said you wanted the animated gone and the same as TANE.

Unchecking "Animated Portraits" does that.

Hello everyone,

Agree with the driver pictures and its window being too space-consuming.
But there is another issue. I have created railcars with the option "outside-visible-from-cabin" in the config.txt of the interior. The actual interior consists of control handles for driving only. This gives a realistic continuity of "inside" and "outside". Now with the new big drivers in the cabin, access to the control handles is more or less blocked by the driver mesh in its seat. I cannot get to the controls when I want to drive myself.
I wish it was possible to eliminate the driver mesh or make an "invisible" ghost driver. I managed to make a ghost driver in TANE but I do not know how to do that in TRS2019. Any suggestions?
Of course, I could move the driver attachment points in my own assets but that would still create a strange scene in the passenger railcar.

Paul

((seems like testers are more worried about the driver animations than about actually TESTING the beta))

Two things. First, it seems Locomotives now no longer show reflections in the water. At least not in my game.

Second, I get this error AFTER I am playing a session (my own route):

Last edited:
Same problem as Dave no reflections in the water anymore, didnt notice it until he wrote it so i checked. Also i get the same error on a lot of sessions

The ClientMaterial assertion is not critical and can be ignored for now.

Same problem as Dave no reflections in the water anymore, didnt notice it until he wrote it so i checked. Also i get the same error on a lot of sessions

What settings are you on? Water quality = Low has no reflections. High and Ultra do have reflections.

If you are not seeing reflections, is this for all rolling stock or only some? (Provide KUIDs of examples with no reflection.

2018-12-11_091515.png

If you are not seeing reflections, is this for all rolling stock or only some? (Provide KUIDs of examples with no reflection.
Some. No apparent pattern. Changes when route is saved and re-loaded. For instance:
<kuid2:404575:220021:5> D-DB_Bpmz293.3_IC_2kl
when first placed in a new route has no reflection. Close, save and reload and the reflection is there. The route icon proves that there was originally no reflection.

((seems like testers are more worried about the driver animations than about actually TESTING the beta))

It sometimes seems that way, but one of the main posters on the issue is not a beta tester. And in any case it is human nature that whatever upsets you the most, no matter how trivial, is the most important thing that needs fixing and RIGHT NOW!!

After the latest qatest downloads, I decided that a DBR would be a good idea, just to keep things neat and tidy. So what is a TADAssetCache setting a zero-sized cache entry and why is it doing that if it's an error?
TRS 2019 98463 zero-sized cache entry.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back