TRS19 Final Release Candidate ready for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know what happened. Loaded my test route and checked and there are reflections there.

In my route that I play all the time, I couldn't see any reflections. I'll go back and double check...

Manweb, martinvk - it's an assertion message as opposed to an "error" - a task is with dev to sort out.

Sailordan - "The route icon proves that there was originally no reflection."

We do believe you, but I don't follow this point - please explain.

Also, we will need to figure out the pattern (and there will be one) for when the reflections work and don't work.

After the latest qatest downloads, I decided that a DBR would be a good idea, just to keep things neat and tidy. So what is a TADAssetCache setting a zero-sized cache entry and why is it doing that if it's an error?
View attachment 1718

No idea but I've just had one of them as well, doesn't seem to have broken anything.
Wonder if some of these assertions are just "for info" debug messages.

Mac update 98464 - Still getting non-rendered track and CTD's in Surveyor when entire baseboard is showing and flat. Seems worse when splines are in top half of grid. Things work much better when closer in and baseboard is "3d" (angled back).

I tried the Sebino Lake route in TRS2019 Final Release Candidate and it's still very jerky (I think it is caused by smoke FX). Pressing the F5 key to make the new HUD disappear didn't work. Can we have the old HUD back?

Sailordan - "The route icon proves that there was originally no reflection."

We do believe you, but I don't follow this point - please explain.
The alternative would be to take screen shots at each point in the process, but that is often overlooked if you don't know what the process is going to reveal. If I had had any idea that the problem would disappear on reloading I would have taken a screenshot. As I didn't, the route icon will have to do. I assume you don't need to see it.

Reflections are working for me too again, had to do with loading a saved session or something because a new session and it worked

Loading save sessions is a bit iffy...

I've had some cases on and off where the signals don't initialize and remain dark along with other scripts so that the drivers SPAD and derail, and on most returns I've gotten this error as well.

When loading saved session.JPG

For those of you who just want a screenshot of the Assertion Dialog Box, or any other box or window rather than the whole screen, use Alt Ctrl Print Screen and only the box with the focus will be copied. This saves cropping the picture.

For those of you who just want a screenshot of the Assertion Dialog Box, or any other box or window rather than the whole screen, use Alt Ctrl Print Screen and only the box with the focus will be copied. This saves cropping the picture.

Yup that works and so does the Windows Snipping tool which allows you to highlight stuff and write on images.

The newer, yet to be released in the future Windows 10 versions has something else called Screen Snip which is found on the actions menu - the one where you check for updates, etc.

Yup that works and so does the Windows Snipping tool which allows you to highlight stuff and write on images.

The newer, yet to be released in the future Windows 10 versions has something else called Screen Snip which is found on the actions menu - the one where you check for updates, etc.

Screen Snip is in 1809 which has been released, some of us got it in october and it was re-released on the 13th of November and is the current version which is being rolled out slowly unless you go looking for it.

Alt Ctrl Print Screen doesn't appear to work here in 1809, probably broken by the Screen Snip, which does work and well, be nice if they put it somewhere more logical though! if there is a shortcut key combination for it, I haven't found it yet.

Edit: Ah it's in the Right Click on Desktop menu.

Or create a shortcut to
%windir%\explorer.exe ms-screenclip:

Last edited:
Screen Snip is in 1809 which has been released, some of us got it in october and it was re-released on the 13th of November and is the current version which is being rolled out slowly unless you go looking for it.

I have it too, but I couldn't remember when it was released because I have been through some of the Inside builds. Confused as usual there's been too much going on.

If you set Screen Snip to operate when you hit the Print Screen button (as I have done just recently) then the ALT+CTRL+PrintScreen toggle does indeed still cut out the dialog box in focus as per earlier experience.
Use the Windows Key+V key to bring up the clipboard item containing your snip for any further processing (or saving to file) as desired.
Cool thing is that now you can synchronise your clips across multiple devices (even sending to your Android smartphone, for example, if you're using the Microsoft Launcher).
BTW, the Windows Logo + Shift + S keyboard combo also invokes the screen snip app.

Last edited:
CTD during a drive of a big route.

The drivers got stuck, saved the session, exited and on exit there was a CTD. I neglected to catch the assertion error. Something to do with data destroyed before close. Then it CTD'd. I will repeat the same actions again and hopefully get the same result.

So far 3 times CTD while running sessions. Also after the last update: Build 98463 Ultra texture-spring grass 04 /Seasonal/Full snow is now a built in item and it shows up in RED with a acclimation mark in edit mode in "Paint". checked Content Manager and shows up without a fault, <kuid2:72938:21123:1> . I use this texture on many places in my layout, now NOT showing!
Have done a database rebuilt without any result.

Luke

Beta 98492???

I just started TRS19 and up popped a message to download a new patch to 98492. 19MB in size less than a minute to download and install.

Testing now.

Stated without an assertion or CTD unlike my initial start of the previous beta. Running Sebino Lake session. so far very good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back