TRS19 Final Release Candidate ready for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've prepared what we expect to be the basis of "Gold Master" version of TRS19 for beta testing.

This beta build still has assertions enabled, and if no showstopper issues are found, the next step will be turning off the debugging, rebuilding and releasing an update for TRS19 Early Access users.

98299 to 98463 is ready now for PC
98302 to 98464 for Mac will be available shortly [now released]

Last edited:
Thank you Tony.

Let's hope this is "the one".

I just finished downloading the 310 MB patch, and ran a very quick DBR.

I'll test and let you all know what I find, and I hope it's nothing major at this point. The last test wasn't bad at all from what I saw in Surveyor mostly. I seem to alternate lots of time in Surveyor followed by lots of time in Driver. This time around it'll be in Driver so we'll see what's up.

Downloading now. 310MB about 2-3 minutes on a 25Mbps link.

Installing now. Less than 1 minute.

DBR running now.

Launching now.

One assertion prior to the menu screen appearing

Assertion98463-01.png

Menu screen appeared then CTD before pretty loco picture appeared and before I could select anything.

Will try again.

2nd attempt. So far all good. Loaded a Sebino Lake session in Driver, so far running well, no assertions, no CTD.

Still can't save a new session on non TRS19 routes with out having to save a new route with your own KUID. I thought I could just change the KUID to the original author's KUID but that was not acceptable according to the CM. I am finally now at the point of being able to create sessions successfully, but they are now assigned to a new route. Really bringing me down.

Still can't save a new session on non TRS19 routes with out having to save a new route with your own KUID. I thought I could just change the KUID to the original author's KUID but that was not acceptable according to the CM. I am finally now at the point of being able to create sessions successfully, but they are now assigned to a new route. Really bringing me down.

I agree, one of the enjoyments of many is to make new sessions for existing routes, not being able to do so is a real let down. Surely this must be a bug, this cant be done intentionally because it makes zero sence to do so

Well since you can make an exact clone of the routes in TRS19 and then make as many sessions as you like for them, I don't see what the issue is.
But they still have those ghoulish animated portraits. Please don't leave them in the final Release. They don't add anything to the driving experience. I know they can be turned off but really, it that what Trainz has become? Amateur zombieland?
Also got this when I first started, after DBR was completed, something about failing to extract values. Have not seen it since.
TRS 2019 98463 failed to extract values.JPG

Creating sessions for pre-TRS19 routes without resaving the route would mean having a pre-TRS19 route (i.e. pre-4.6) and a 4.6 session.

The best solution would be for the oriignal route to be resaved as TRS19, or even better, updated and resaved.

The work around to create a session for a pre-TRS19 route that is not your own KUID are as follows: (not officially supported)

1. Edit the pre-TRS19 route and Save As your own KUID
2. Exit the route
3. Open Content Manager, select your route, and Open > Show in Explorer
4. Edit the config file and replace your KUID with the KUID from the original route, and increment the KUID by 1
(i.e. <KUID:xxx:yyy> would become <KUID2:xxx:yyy:1>
5. Save the config file
6. Drag the route folder withthe updated config file into Content Manger.

You will now have a version of the original route where you can create sessions without having to resave the route (as it is now in 4.6 format).

If these sessions are for your own use, you may as well just resave as your own KUID.

I know they can be turned off

So why not turn the off and allow them for those who disagree?

This morning I created a test session in one of my routes. That was in the previous beta build. It was testing a problem with loco boiler water levels. After updating to 98463 my test session was listed but the test consist and its driver schedule was gone. I've seen some reports about problems with saved sessions so should I ignore it?

p.s. the route has lots of problems with missing or problematic assets so that may be a factor. One day I'll find enough time to fix it. :hehe:

...those ghoulish animated portraits. Please don't leave them in the final Release. They don't add anything to the driving experience. I know they can be turned off but really, it that what Trainz has become? Amateur zombieland?

I turned mine off, as Tony suggested, several betas ago. It was a simple click of a checkbox and they have remained off ever since. Simples.

Is it possible that N3V will not change this ugly animated portraits of drivers with 2d photos as we have now in TANE?

Is it possible that N3V will not change this ugly animated portraits of drivers with 2d photos as we have now in TANE?

Celje, you can change it yourself with two mouse clicks. One to open the driver tool, the other to turn off the animations. Why are people having problems with this?

Those ugly animated drivers actually look quite good when viewed in the cab from outside the locomotive though. Much better, in fact, than their predecessors.
We need to be careful that we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater - I'm happy to simply turn off the driver list animations on the HUD and leave it at that.

Getting back to the main point of this thread: The download was swift at >30MB/s and installation nearly as quick. No major issues evident, and all of my settings preferences retained.
I was still left with quite a list of 'Out of Date' sessions (for Canadian Rockies, Sebino Lake and Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS2019) AND yet another prompt to download the older version of Sebino Lake again.
Most of these purportedly 'Out of Date' assets are still designated 'Not installed, Payware (not active)'.
Had hoped this latest patch would resolve this issue, thought frankly, this is not a 'biggie' either.

Last edited:
Celje, you can change it yourself with two mouse clicks. One to open the driver tool, the other to turn off the animations. Why are people having problems with this?

Hello

Thanks for advice, but you forgot some things:

1. This new popup window for driver has two very usefull informations, 1.1 focus on driver and 1.2 text with information what the train do in this moment. If the drivers are turn off (as you advice) then we can't see this informations

2. Driver window take to much space on the screen, without any particular reason

3. only four drivers are visual, we are running routes with 30 trains and more, and N3V reduce number of drivers which we see at once ( before we had 7 driver )

4. drivers are not good looking. BTW one girl cross-eyed (squint), she has brown hair. Is this the new TM of Trainz?

5, i will never understand that the good solution and better looking solution is changed with worse one

regards
celje

New content that sorts out the payware not active is being released currently.
Click File > Download purchased items to refresh (or remove your username and re-enter).

So we got update on 4 of the routes, one of which is Sebino Lake without the qa type release, I hope its not the prior one(?)

No. The Sebino "named" route is available for all Early Access Users. We are unable to remove it from your download without removing it for everyone. So it is safe to ignore that download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back