How to install paid (and registered) DLC "Murchison 2" in TRS 2019?

staemmler

Hi,
as a long time Lover of trainz, I own many versions of trainz and also some DLC.
A DLC I like much is "Murchison 2". And I would like to see it in TRS 2019.
I have seen that the author Sirgibby had it uploaded to the DLS.
[FONT=book antiqua,times new roman,times][/FONT]But albeit my copy of Murchison 2 is paid and registered in "https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php"
I am not able to download and install this marvelous route in TRS 2019.
What is the reason and what can I do?
Thanks for help in advance

Hi,
as a long time Lover of trainz, I own many versions of trainz and also some DLC.
A DLC I like much is "Murchison 2". And I would like to see it in TRS 2019.
I have seen that the author Sirgibby had it uploaded to the DLS.
But albeit my copy of Murchison 2 is paid and registered in "https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php"
I am not able to download and install this marvelous route in TRS 2019.
What is the reason and what can I do?
Thanks for help in advance

From what I understand from the Trainz store it is not compatible with Tane or TRS19 so unless he updates his DLC to make it compatible I doubt it will work. Probably also the reason you dont see it available for download

I believe, from previous posts I recall reading, that Murchison 2 is being updated to TRS19 standards. Date of arrival on the DLC is not known.

I had manually and VERY painfully updated each broken piece to work in TANE at one point. I haven't tried in TRS2019 though. Suspect it'd be quite broken and not sure could work anyways given the issue with payware CDP import support in TRS2019.

Guessing we'll all be waiting for the official update from Tony and team.

Diego

I had manually and VERY painfully updated each broken piece to work in TANE at one point. I haven't tried in TRS2019 though. Suspect it'd be quite broken and not sure could work anyways given the issue with payware CDP import support in TRS2019.

Guessing we'll all be waiting for the official update from Tony and team.

Diego

I too took the ca. TS2009/TS2010 version and updated it to work in T:ANE initially. The process as you said was quite painful and took me a couple of days to fix the various assets to make them operational.

Once updated, I got the route working then updated the track to the procedural track and replaced the fixed junctions because those assets are now obsolete with the procedural track. The route didn't look too bad in T:ANE, but the trees are very dated and definitely need replacing someday.

I have since brought the route into TRS2019 and it doesn't look bad there either and there were only a couple of things that needed repairing to make the sessions operational, and these problems were not related to the route or the sessions and were due to faulty train content, which was easy to fix.

It would be nice to see this route updated to TRS2019 standards, but holy cows that is quite an undertaking given how huge this route is not only in scope but also in size as well.

Good work! It sounds as though you've already done the work that the N3V team would need to do. Perhaps they should be contacting you to get a leg up on migrating the route? No point reinventing the same changes by multiple people.

Diego

Good work! It sounds as though you've already done the work that the N3V team would need to do. Perhaps they should be contacting you to get a leg up on migrating the route? No point reinventing the same changes by multiple people.

Diego

No thanks! I don't want to be held responsible for some of the changes I made where I had to fix floating tracks and roads. :)

When and if the original author updates the route, and its assets, it will be worth it with all the nice procedural tracks available and the new PBR textures. From what I heard, he's remaking the assets and the route so that ought to be interesting.

One of the things I disliked about the payware version of Murchison 2 was that it was standard gauge instead of being 3ft 6in gauge and that it used locomotives and rolling stock that were never seen here in New Zealand. I haven't run Murchison 2 for a very long time now because when I do I always find myself being disappointed by it.

One of the things I disliked about the payware version of Murchison 2 was that it was standard gauge instead of being 3ft 6in gauge and that it used locomotives and rolling stock that were never seen here in New Zealand.

I wasn't aware that it was specifically set in NZ. However, your point about the rail gauge is valid and, in my experience at least, had more to do with the lack of suitable narrow gauge assets such as bridges and tunnels. The last two big routes I created for TS2006 and TS12 were narrow gauge using standard gauge track purely for that reason.

Since the arrival of TANE with its very good procedural narrow gauge track assets, I have been able to upgrade both routes to narrow gauge. One I have re-released and the other is still being worked on.

Oh yes Murchison is 100% Kiwi in its inspiration and landscape. The very early non-payware versions were to 3ft 6in gauge so I had high hopes for the payware version, but instead I was disappointed. There are a certain amount of New Zealand locomotives and rolling stock models available, though some will take a bit of searching for. There was a content creator who made quite a lot of NZR rolling stock, but one day he simply disappeared off the face of the earth and not long afterwards his website disappeared as well. Fortunately about half of the models he made were saved by others, but a lot have now gone for good.
I built New Zealand based routes in TS2009 for my own enjoyment and while it was a bit more difficult with regard to bridges and tunnels it was possible to do it.

One of the things I disliked about the payware version of Murchison 2 was that it was standard gauge instead of being 3ft 6in gauge and that it used locomotives and rolling stock that were never seen here in New Zealand. I haven't run Murchison 2 for a very long time now because when I do I always find myself being disappointed by it.

Anne
Did you never see this.
http://www.trainzone.co.nz/murchison_stage_2_-_42_ng.htm

Murchison 2 is the one reason to still use TS12. I keep running and re-running the 29 sessions as I still enjoy them.

Ken

No Ken I wasn't aware that a conversion had been done. It's been quite awhile since I last visited the trainzone.co.nz website though so it must've been posted since my last visit. The scenic work in Murchison 2 is really something special so it will be very nice to be able revisit it again with the correct track gauge and locomotives and rolling stock this time. Thank you very much for posting the link to the conversion.

Hi All
At this time the Murchison 2 DLC pack is not compatible with TANE and TRS19, and has been awaiting updates by the creator before it can be released for TANE or TRS19 (TBH, TRS19 is more likely at this time).

Unfortunately I don't have any specific information on the status of the updates, and this would be up to the creator to either inform us or to announce themselves.

Regards

One of the pluses of Murchison 2, notwithstanding authenticity issues, was the resources and assets it brought into Trainz. Is there a way of putting these on the DLS as per other legacy content (presumably N3V can claim distribution rights as per their creative licencing agreements) so at least they are available to use in our own routes?

Michael (SirGibby) is still working really hard at converting/upgrading Murchison 2 (the 09, 10 & 12 version) into Tane SP3 HF1. He has been working almost full time on this project for quite awhile. (1000's of hours have gone into the Tane conversion/upgrade).

He is not only converting/changing the existing M2 layout to Tane SP3, he is also replacing/adding a lot of new Tane content, with new places, dramatically changing some existing places, extending some existing track, new grasses, trees, textures, water, etc, etc...

He's just sent me his latest "Tane beta version" (last week). I must say that I am absolutely blown away by how much more fine detail is there now. I loved the original Murchison 2, back in the 2006 era. I thought that was really great, but the Tane SP3 conversion/upgrade is blowing me away. Absolutely incredible. IMHO, Michael is a perfectionist, so he's spending a lot of extra time on that fine detailing...

Michael & I hope to start posting some screenshots of some of the area's that he has completed to date, early in the new year.

A couple of things I can confirm; It has procedural SG & mining/logging procedural 3ft (36") track. A M2 TS2019 version is not currently being worked on. (at this point in time). TBA...

One thing I can assure you all of, is that when Murchison 2 for Tane SP3 is released, 99% of you will agree that it was well worth the wait.

KotangaGirl; Pleased that you have now found Bill69's old 42" M2 conversion. The new upgraded Tane SP3 version is still very much based on the good old Kiwi (NZ) countryside, (of an earlier era)!!!

Happy Trainzing & Merry Christmas to all.

Cheers, Mac.

Last edited:
KotangaGirl; Pleased that you have now found Bill69's old 42" M2 conversion. Unfortunately there is not enough 42" Kiwi loco's & rolling stock on the DLS, so it's unlikely that there will be an official 42" version. The new Tane version is still very much based on the good old Kiwi (NZ) countryside, (of an earlier era)!!!

Good to read that the new version is still going to be based on the NZ countryside and it sounds like the new version is going to be really something. I agree about NZ specific models of locos and rolling stock being thin on the ground. On my own layouts I was always struggling to find enough rolling stock of the right kind and I had to use some less than best reskins I'd done or else use carefully selected Oz rolling stock as substitutes.

Hi Guys ... just thought I would jump into the conversation .... I have been so busy with the TANE upgrade of Murchison2 that I have stayed away from the forums and only knew that this thread was going because someone told me.

I have been working on the TANE update for nearly 3 years now (nearly 2 years of that full time).
Initially it was just going to be a quick upgrade to make the original Murchison2 version work in TANE.
However, when I saw the STUNNING RESULTS that could be achieved with the TANE features (and all the new content available on the DLS), I was absolutely addicted, and decided to make the MURCHISON 2 update for TANE a significant upgrade.

So far I have spent around 3000 hours (maybe more) on the upgrade (just to help give some idea of how extensive the upgrade is)

KOTANGAGIRL .... The main reason for releasing Murchison in Standard Gauge is to make it available to all those users around the world who want to run their SG rolling stock.
When it is finally finished I will convert a version to 42" gauge to make it true NZ running.
As such my aim has been to try and catch the "feeling" of New Zealand and NZR with landscape and buildings.
(The original MAP and terrain was created using real map data from around the actual Murchison area in the South Island.)

MURCHISON2 for TANE will be released sometime in 2019 (hopefully early 2019)
Shortly "Meatloaf" and I will start posting progress screenshots.

cheers
Michael

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the update Michael. Very pleased to read that there will be a 42" gauge version eventually. I do understand why Murchison2 was released as SG route, - it's just that I found it difficult to run non-New Zealand locos and rolling stock on such a plainly iconic New Zealand based route.

sirgibby - that's fantastic and most welcome news - and thanks for joining the conversation at last.

Your Murchison 2 route is the ONLY reason I retain TRS12 on my computer these days.
Cannot wait to see what you have done using the awesome tools now available to you in T:ANE SP3.

Accordingly, your craftwork will probably linger on my T:ANE machine longer than I had planned as well, following your delivery of an updated 'Murchison' which I will purchase sight-unseen since I have such faith in your talent.

Fair warning, however. Now that many of us have seen what new magic can be woven with the incredibly impressive successor to T:ANE - TRS19, you are going to be under serious pressure to update your magnum opus yet again to the Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 standards!!! (Recommended purchase, so you can see for yourself... :))
Thanks and Cheers. PC.

Back