How to install paid (and registered) DLC "Murchison 2" in TRS 2019?

It's still being worked on, there have been quite a few assets created by dinorius_redundicus uploaded to the DLS that contain the following statement, latest ones this month.

which would seem to indicate Murchison is still ongoing.

Just have to be patient, as I understand it it's a complete rework not a quick fix.

Thank you for the update Malc - I hadn't seen that message 'Requested by Michael Sutton'. It definitely gives me hope. I was just a bit disappointed that we haven't seen any pics as was mentioned in another post and that we have heard nothing. I will just have to be patient as you say and hope.

Thanks again,

Craig

It's still being worked on, there have been quite a few assets created by dinorius_redundicus uploaded to the DLS that contain the following statement, latest ones this month.

Malc
If those assets made by dinorius_redundicus are for TRS19 then we can be certain that the revised Murchison will not be for TANE.

Ken

If you check those assets made by dinorius_redundicus, they are made for TANE, so I would say certainly being made for TANE as switching to TRS19 mid-stream would mean starting from scratch again.

Malc
If those assets made by dinorius_redundicus are for TRS19 then we can be certain that the revised Murchison will not be for TANE.

Ken

Ken,

The assets I’ve been making for Michael lately have indeed been TANE builds and are intended for use in the next release of Murchison, which will be a TANE layout as far as I know. I can also attest that Michael is working night and day, 6 days a week on the route. I don’t think he’d be doing that if he didn’t intend to finish and release it. It might explain why he hasn’t found time to issue screenshots, but again, I’m guessing.

I’ve been using a work-in-progress copy of the route to set up thumbnails for my recent assets. They aren’t official screenshots, but you might be interested to look at them.

~ D

MURCHISON update...

Hi Guys

If I had been slacking or lost interest I would say "sorry for the delay"
But such is not the case .... I continue to put around 50 hrs a week into this upgrade" .... (and have been doing so for about 4 yrs now)

It is significant enough upgrade that it will be released as MURCHISON 3.
Unfortunately fine detailing is slow going ... and on such a large route it seems excruciatingly slow at times
(I initially thought the upgrade might take a year or so ..... Yeah right!!!)

I have been aiming for a certain point in the upgrade before I start posting screenshots .
I had hoped that that point would be reached about 6 months ago but I am still not quite there ... BUT ALMOST!! ... hopefully should be there around Christmas/January ... at which point i will start with the screenshots,

If I was aiming at a strict deadline I would take shortcuts and reduce the detailing .... but it would be a shame to start doing that so close to the finish.
All I can keep doing is "following my nose"

As I started the upgrade in TANE I will complete it in Tane .... and then N3V tell me it should be a quick task to upgrade to TRS2019

thanks for your patience
Michael

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the update Michael and Dinorius_redundicus, I appreciate you both for taking the time to update us.

Kind regards,

Craig

Thanks Michael and Dean for taking the time to update us I am delighted to find that this is still a TANE route.

Ken

Last edited:
Just found this after getting a new gaming laptop and then getting Trainz 2019 version. I've never ran trainz so smoothly! I will re-download Murchison 2 in Steam and check it out. Always liked the awesome detail and look of the entire route but I'm a stickler for smoothness (I'm a sim racer). Now this stuff looks awesome! Wow thats awesome to spend the time on revamping this route bud! I know it fulfilling to see that detail coming to life.

Will the updated Murchison use steam or will it be all diesel. We would all love to see some screenshots to keep us interested.

Ken

Hi Michael, if you're reading this, I just want to say Murchison 2 was one of the first pieces of payware I ever bought for Trainz and it remains the most breathtaking route of all time when considered as an entire package and experience. Would gladly pay full price again for version 3 with the amount of work being put in.

Will the updated Murchison use steam or will it be all diesel. We would all love to see some screenshots to keep us interested. Ken

Hi Flash, Ken & Nicky,

I spoke to Michael (SirGibby) again this morning. He's still hardout working 50 to 60 hours per week on Murchison 3. (& has been for years). Having recently seen the lastest "work to date" I can assure you all that things are progressing extremely well. I'm just blown alway by the attention to detail. (just mind blowing).

With regards to your questions Ken, (steam or diesel) & screenshots. Highly probable both & I'll post a couple of teaser screenshots within the next 36 hours in the forum.

As to a completion date;

Michael hasn't & won't put a finish date on it, at this time. Knowing Michael, all I can do is personally assure you all that Michael will not compromise on quality in any way, just to get M3 out to market sooner. It won't be before he's 100% happy that the total route/layout is up too his very high standards that he sets himself.

Some of the completely new area's on the layout have taken him a little longer to complete than he'd originally antisaplated. (The way I look at it, the longer it takes Michael to complete, the more increadiable M3 is going to be)...

Cheers, Mac...

PS; Whilest on the subject of M3, I'd just like to thank Dean (Dinorius_redundicus) for the incrediable addition content he has/is building Michael for the layout. It's really enhancing the layout. Great work Dean...

Last edited:
Just a few early screenshot's of SirGibby's (Michael Sutton) Murchison 3 - Route/Layout (Payware still under construction)...

Last edited:
Thanks, meatloaf747 - appreciated!
Great to see the ponga and toetoe featured again.
Take it that those are standard gauge screenies? Will sirgibby be doing a 42" variant (or perhaps component) too?

Thanks, meatloaf747 - appreciated! Great to see the ponga and toetoe featured again. Take it that those are standard gauge screenies? Will sirgibby be doing a 42" variant (or perhaps component) too?

To the best of my knowledge, Michael has no plans to do a 42" version. (SG & NG36" only). NG 36in area's/lines has been increased & joined up in Murchison 3.

I assume the reason why Michael has stuck with SG & NG36" is the very limited 42" loco's & rolling stock. (probably lack of 42" tunnel's, bridges, etc, as well).

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Actually, there's a surprisingly wide selection of 42"/1067mm infrastructure and rolling stock from the Japanese/Indonesian trainz community.
But it's Michael's decision of course and SG is a good a gauge as any.

As a Kiwi girl from a railway family I'm a little sad to read that there's going to be no 3ft 6in gauge version. BUT I can understand why Michael would have made that decision as nobody has made any move to improve the sparse situation with NZGR locomotives and rolling stock for Trainz for a very long time now.
It's good to see these early screenshots of Murchison 3 though and to see that it does indeed look like it was worth waiting for.

As a Kiwi girl from a railway family I'm a little sad to read that there's going to be no 3ft 6in gauge version. BUT I can understand why Michael would have made that decision as nobody has made any move to improve the sparse situation with NZGR locomotives and rolling stock for Trainz for a very long time now. It's good to see these early screenshots of Murchison 3 though and to see that it does indeed look like it was worth waiting for.

KontangaGirl,

Bill69 did a 42" version of the TS2009, TS2010, TS2012 version of Murchison 2 about 8 years ago. (with Michael's permission). http://trainzone.co.nz/murchison_stage_2_-_42_ng.htm

Off memory. you need to have purchase M2, for it to run. It still users the older 2009, 2010 track.

Spoke to Michael and he said he couldn't rule out a 42" version. It's just not in his immediate plans.

Ken, PM me your e-mail address.

Cheers, Mac

KontangaGirl,

Bill69 did a 42" version of the TS2009, TS2010, TS2012 version of Murchison 2 about 8 years ago. (with Michael's permission). http://trainzone.co.nz/murchison_stage_2_-_42_ng.htm

Off memory. you need to have purchase M2, for it to run. It still users the older 2009, 2010 track.

Spoke to Michael and he said he couldn't rule out a 42" version. It's just not in his immediate plans.

Ken, PM me your e-mail address.

Cheers, Mac

Yes I have a copy of that archived away Mac. The sessions were buggy and I didn't think much of some of the rolling stock choices, but the route conversion itself was fine.

Annie

Back