.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: How to install paid (and registered) DLC "Murchison 2" in TRS 2019?

  1. #1

    Default How to install paid (and registered) DLC "Murchison 2" in TRS 2019?

    Hi,
    as a long time Lover of trainz, I own many versions of trainz and also some DLC.
    A DLC I like much is "Murchison 2". And I would like to see it in TRS 2019.
    I have seen that the author Sirgibby had it uploaded to the DLS.
    But albeit my copy of Murchison 2 is paid and registered in "https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php"
    I am not able to download and install this marvelous route in TRS 2019.
    What is the reason and what can I do?
    Thanks for help in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    563
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staemmler View Post
    Hi,
    as a long time Lover of trainz, I own many versions of trainz and also some DLC.
    A DLC I like much is "Murchison 2". And I would like to see it in TRS 2019.
    I have seen that the author Sirgibby had it uploaded to the DLS.
    But albeit my copy of Murchison 2 is paid and registered in "https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php"
    I am not able to download and install this marvelous route in TRS 2019.
    What is the reason and what can I do?
    Thanks for help in advance
    From what I understand from the Trainz store it is not compatible with Tane or TRS19 so unless he updates his DLC to make it compatible I doubt it will work. Probably also the reason you dont see it available for download

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW, Sydney
    Posts
    7,918
    Blog Entries
    3
     

    Default

    I believe, from previous posts I recall reading, that Murchison 2 is being updated to TRS19 standards. Date of arrival on the DLC is not known.
    Trainz Plus build 111951 and build 114205
    Trainz Simulator 3 (Mobile)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Georgia, Atlanta
    Posts
    512
     

    Default

    I had manually and VERY painfully updated each broken piece to work in TANE at one point. I haven't tried in TRS2019 though. Suspect it'd be quite broken and not sure could work anyways given the issue with payware CDP import support in TRS2019.

    Guessing we'll all be waiting for the official update from Tony and team.

    Diego

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    30,015
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgallina View Post
    I had manually and VERY painfully updated each broken piece to work in TANE at one point. I haven't tried in TRS2019 though. Suspect it'd be quite broken and not sure could work anyways given the issue with payware CDP import support in TRS2019.

    Guessing we'll all be waiting for the official update from Tony and team.

    Diego
    I too took the ca. TS2009/TS2010 version and updated it to work in T:ANE initially. The process as you said was quite painful and took me a couple of days to fix the various assets to make them operational.

    Once updated, I got the route working then updated the track to the procedural track and replaced the fixed junctions because those assets are now obsolete with the procedural track. The route didn't look too bad in T:ANE, but the trees are very dated and definitely need replacing someday.

    I have since brought the route into TRS2019 and it doesn't look bad there either and there were only a couple of things that needed repairing to make the sessions operational, and these problems were not related to the route or the sessions and were due to faulty train content, which was easy to fix.

    It would be nice to see this route updated to TRS2019 standards, but holy cows that is quite an undertaking given how huge this route is not only in scope but also in size as well.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Georgia, Atlanta
    Posts
    512
     

    Default

    Good work! It sounds as though you've already done the work that the N3V team would need to do. Perhaps they should be contacting you to get a leg up on migrating the route? No point reinventing the same changes by multiple people.

    Diego

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    30,015
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgallina View Post
    Good work! It sounds as though you've already done the work that the N3V team would need to do. Perhaps they should be contacting you to get a leg up on migrating the route? No point reinventing the same changes by multiple people.

    Diego
    No thanks! I don't want to be held responsible for some of the changes I made where I had to fix floating tracks and roads.

    When and if the original author updates the route, and its assets, it will be worth it with all the nice procedural tracks available and the new PBR textures. From what I heard, he's remaking the assets and the route so that ought to be interesting.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,842
     

    Default

    One of the things I disliked about the payware version of Murchison 2 was that it was standard gauge instead of being 3ft 6in gauge and that it used locomotives and rolling stock that were never seen here in New Zealand. I haven't run Murchison 2 for a very long time now because when I do I always find myself being disappointed by it.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Utah, Midvale
    Posts
    1,524
     

    Default

    Well I add my voice to a chorus of those who would like to see this route update for TRS2019!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW, Sydney
    Posts
    7,918
    Blog Entries
    3
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    One of the things I disliked about the payware version of Murchison 2 was that it was standard gauge instead of being 3ft 6in gauge and that it used locomotives and rolling stock that were never seen here in New Zealand.
    I wasn't aware that it was specifically set in NZ. However, your point about the rail gauge is valid and, in my experience at least, had more to do with the lack of suitable narrow gauge assets such as bridges and tunnels. The last two big routes I created for TS2006 and TS12 were narrow gauge using standard gauge track purely for that reason.

    Since the arrival of TANE with its very good procedural narrow gauge track assets, I have been able to upgrade both routes to narrow gauge. One I have re-released and the other is still being worked on.
    Trainz Plus build 111951 and build 114205
    Trainz Simulator 3 (Mobile)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,842
     

    Default

    Oh yes Murchison is 100% Kiwi in its inspiration and landscape. The very early non-payware versions were to 3ft 6in gauge so I had high hopes for the payware version, but instead I was disappointed. There are a certain amount of New Zealand locomotives and rolling stock models available, though some will take a bit of searching for. There was a content creator who made quite a lot of NZR rolling stock, but one day he simply disappeared off the face of the earth and not long afterwards his website disappeared as well. Fortunately about half of the models he made were saved by others, but a lot have now gone for good.
    I built New Zealand based routes in TS2009 for my own enjoyment and while it was a bit more difficult with regard to bridges and tunnels it was possible to do it.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,746
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    One of the things I disliked about the payware version of Murchison 2 was that it was standard gauge instead of being 3ft 6in gauge and that it used locomotives and rolling stock that were never seen here in New Zealand. I haven't run Murchison 2 for a very long time now because when I do I always find myself being disappointed by it.
    Anne
    Did you never see this.
    http://www.trainzone.co.nz/murchison..._2_-_42_ng.htm

    Murchison 2 is the one reason to still use TS12. I keep running and re-running the 29 sessions as I still enjoy them.

    Ken

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,842
     

    Default

    No Ken I wasn't aware that a conversion had been done. It's been quite awhile since I last visited the trainzone.co.nz website though so it must've been posted since my last visit. The scenic work in Murchison 2 is really something special so it will be very nice to be able revisit it again with the correct track gauge and locomotives and rolling stock this time. Thank you very much for posting the link to the conversion.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,752
    Blog Entries
    1
     

    Default

    Hi All
    At this time the Murchison 2 DLC pack is not compatible with TANE and TRS19, and has been awaiting updates by the creator before it can be released for TANE or TRS19 (TBH, TRS19 is more likely at this time).

    Unfortunately I don't have any specific information on the status of the updates, and this would be up to the creator to either inform us or to announce themselves.

    Regards
    Zec Murphy

    Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

    *Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

  15. #15

    Default

    One of the pluses of Murchison 2, notwithstanding authenticity issues, was the resources and assets it brought into Trainz. Is there a way of putting these on the DLS as per other legacy content (presumably N3V can claim distribution rights as per their creative licencing agreements) so at least they are available to use in our own routes?
    Building In TRS19, Driving Trucks In Snowrunner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •