How to install paid (and registered) DLC "Murchison 2" in TRS 2019?

Yes I have a copy of that archived away Mac. The sessions were buggy and I didn't think much of some of the rolling stock choices, but the route conversion itself was fine.

Annie

I just dug it out myself and installed it into TRS19. I have a weird texture issue though where I get some off-colored splotches on the hills that I can't figure out how to get rid of. It's too bad because the old route looks quite nice in TRS19.

Mac Are we still looking at a TANE version ? Regards Ken

Hi Ken,

Spoke to Michael last Monday. "Yes" Michael's (SirGibby) is still building Murchison 3 in Tane. Things are really progressing nicely. There are now only three area's that he need's to now work on and complete. (Kimbolton, Awatuna & Totara Flat's). All the rest of the new layout is complete, including all the extended new area's/lines...

Still no confirmed finish date, but I know he's putting in some long hours to get it finished ASAP. He's certainly not going to sacrifice quality, for a time line.

Cheers, Mac...

Hi Ken,

Spoke to Michael last Monday. "Yes" Michael's (SirGibby) is still building Murchison 3 in Tane. Things are really progressing nicely. There are now only three area's that he need's to now work on and complete. (Kimbolton, Awatuna & Totara Flat's). All the rest of the new layout is complete, including all the extended new area's/lines...

Still no confirmed finish date, but I know he's putting in some long hours to get it finished ASAP. He's certainly not going to sacrifice quality, for a time line.

Cheers, Mac...

Hi Mac
Thanks for replying. Nice to know that work is progressing well and it's still for TANE. I'm a bit surprised that N3V are not insisting that it be made for TRS19 seeing as TRS22 is out.

Ken

Much of the DLC for sale by N3V at the moment is TANE level content. It works just fine in TRS19 about 99% of the time. Better to have this generating sales than waiting for it to be updated for TRS19.

Is there any news on this long awaited project. I'm getting concerned that I might never see it. i bought the original in 2010, so far there has been a 12 year gap between versions.

Ken

Last edited:
Is there any news on this long awaited project. I'm getting concerned that I might never see it. i bought the original in 2010, so far there has been a 12 year gap between versions. Ken

Hi Ken,
I'm in contact with Michael usually weekly. I can confirm that he is still hard at it. (50 - 60+ hours per week). He has only three main area's to finish off. He's currently working on completely revamping the whole of the Kimbolton area. (half done).

Then the Awatuna area's next, then finally, he has a completely new additional mining area that needs finishing off. eg; trackworks, etc, etc finished, Just finishing detailing needed. (the last of the many new mining area's that are already completed).

Sorry, I can't give you anymore information than that Ken. Still no completion date.

Cheers, Mac...

I wasn't aware that it was specifically set in NZ. However, your point about the rail gauge is valid and, in my experience at least, had more to do with the lack of suitable narrow gauge assets such as bridges and tunnels. The last two big routes I created for TS2006 and TS12 were narrow gauge using standard gauge track purely for that reason.

How disappointing. I had assumed from the name that it was about the Murchison region of Western Australia where standard gauge would be right if only Charles Court hadn't closed all the railways.

... the lack of suitable narrow gauge assets such as bridges and tunnels. The last two big routes I created for TS2006 and TS12 were narrow gauge using standard gauge track purely for that reason.

Since that post, nearly 4 years ago, the situation has changed. There are now plenty of narrow gauge (3ft 6in, 1067mm) assets, including procedural track assets. So my current project is all narrow gauge.

Route like Murchison II

I know this is a very old thread, and Murchison II is a very outdated route with all its limitations. But I have the stand alone version still installed, and it is still my favourite route because of the very nice landscape and layout.

I there any route (pay or download) which would be simular to Murchison II (TRS 2022 or TRS 2019)?

I initially installed the Murchison 2 route and content in TANE by exporting the assets from TS12. In Content Manager, I highlighted them and opened them up for edit. Took the opened assets and imported them into TANE. This process will also work with TRS19 and TRS22.

Once imported, I viewed faulty assets and gasped! There were a multitude of faulty assets that had to be repaired and that process took forever due to the huge number of them. The errors ranged from meshes not referenced properly in the config.txt files to missing textures. Being TS2010 assets, and before, those earlier Trainz versions ignored things like that and skipped the assets. There were also the .texture errors which of course are generated when exporting pay ware and built in assets. For that, I used a PM2IM batch and batch repaired bunches of assets. For the "missing meshes", the meshes were in the asset-folder as they should be but the reference in the config file wasn't correct. Apparently, this was a copy-paste error from the early days. Using Search and Replace Master, I could batch fix those since the error was exactly the same in the splines that had the error.

Once all the assets were repaired, I opened the routes and had to fiddle with things including replacing the inoperable switches. These were the old "wired" fixed track switches that are no longer working in TANE and up. They were obsolete anyway because I used the Pro-track assets instead.

All and all, the process took me about 3-days to bring the route to playable condition.

Since this was my clone of the routes, I had to clone the sessions and point them to my version of the Murchison 2 by changing the map-kuid (twice) in the config.txt file of each session.

Murchison 2 looks to be a good route. I've got TS2009 from the giveaway and bought TS12 off Steam, so if I wanted to buy it now and run it in TS12, could I just buy it off the Trainz Store and have it work in my Steam copy and TS2009/10 (if I ever buy 10)? Also, what is Murchison 3, and what was Murchison 1 like?

Overall, looking at this old thread, it looks like it's a very cherished route, and I'm very excuted for when it's available in TANE/TRS19/22!

I don't remember Murchison 1 and Murchison 3 is in production to be released at some point in the future.

Murchison 2 looks to be a good route. I've got TS2009 from the giveaway and bought TS12 off Steam, so if I wanted to buy it now and run it in TS12, could I just buy it off the Trainz Store and have it work in my Steam copy and TS2009/10 (if I ever buy 10)? Also, what is Murchison 3, and what was Murchison 1 like?

Overall, looking at this old thread, it looks like it's a very cherished route, and I'm very excuted for when it's available in TANE/TRS19/22!

I haven't done this in a while with TS12 content but Murchison 2 purchased from the Trainz Store is installed in my Steam Version of TS12 via the automatic download system. So it should be fine unless N3V has broken the automatic download system with changes to the Trainz Store in game system.

Murchison 1 is available as a download from the DLS. It is a compact version of the narrow gauge portion of the much larger Murchison 2. Warning Sirgibby's Middle Earth textures set, his Cliff and River splines are required for the different variants of Murchison 1. These are payware that must be purchased from his website. That content is included in the Murchison 2 DLC package.

https://www.trainzone.co.nz/

Any further news on Murchison 3 release. Really looking forward to a new version. Have had the Mutchison 2 route for years and enjoy playing in once in a while in TS12 but would love to see a TANE or better still a TRS19 ot 22 versionh.

Any further news on Murchison 3 release. Really looking forward to a new version. Have had the Mutchison 2 route for years and enjoy playing in once in a while in TS12 but would love to see a TANE or better still a TRS19 ot 22 versionh.
Any further news on Murchison 3 release. Seems a long time since any update news.

I've just copied and pasted my reply from another Murchison 3 tread very recently. (There's current two active threads covering Murchison 3. May I suggest that we just use this one, particularly seeing it has some screenshots. Cheer's)...

Spoke to Michael mid week. Basically the route is 98% completed, apart from some tidying up work and some finishing touches, eg; putting new NZ street signs over the whole route, that Dean has recently made for Sirgibby, etc.
He's hoping to start work on the SESSION's soon! (TM).
Michael hasn't given me a time line as to when he is hoping to send M3 off to N3V for testing, packaging, etc...
Cheers, Mac...

Foot note; I've been lucky enough to have seen the very latest "Beta to date" and the route looks absolutely amazing. IMHO, jaw dropping...

Last edited:
Back