How to install paid (and registered) DLC "Murchison 2" in TRS 2019?

Pateince is the key for fine work and details

:udrool: Ditto on the Remake News, and I too, would like to see it T:ANE as I don't plan my jump in TRS 2019 for quite some time, :( and I need to replace my old laptop with horrid builtin, shared Graphic Card setup.

I still have plenty to do and Learn in the T:ANE world of Railroading, and this would fit me to the "T", wasn't aware of the Gauge issue, thank you for the information @KotangaGirl.........

"l One of the things I disliked about the payware version of Murchison 2 was that it was standard gauge instead of being 3ft 6in gauge and that it used locomotives and rolling stock that were never seen here in New Zealand. I haven't run Murchison 2 for a very long time now because when I do I always find myself being disappointed by it."

blueodessey; said:
"l One of the things I disliked about the payware version of Murchison 2 was that it was standard gauge instead of being 3ft 6in gauge and that it used locomotives and rolling stock that were never seen here in New Zealand.
sirgibby; said:
The main reason for releasing Murchison in Standard Gauge is to make it available to all those users around the world who want to run their SG rolling stock.

Blue, if you are still running a version of either TS2009, TS2010 or TS2012 49922 then here's the (3ft 6in) 42" gauge version of Murchison 2, (converted to 42" by Bill69). http://www.trainzone.co.nz/murchison_stage_2_-_42_ng.htm You can run whatever 42" gauge loco's & rolling stock you like. eg; Kiwirail 42", QR Queensland 42" stuff, etc, etc.. - http://trainzone.co.nz/nzr_rolling_stock.htm - http://trainzone.co.nz/chilean_nitrate_railways.htm - http://trainzone.co.nz/freeware.htm ;)

Cheers, Mac.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the new update. In the interim, does anyone have any secret tips to make Murchison 2 run quickly in TS12? I like playing with the helicopter tour, but the dang thing can be a slideshow at times. I know, I could use the lower res version, but the whole idea is that I want to see the high details. My system should be powerful enough to run it adequately, not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Any further news on the Murchison2 update?

I was loading the 42in gauge conversion for Murchison2 into TS2012 and fixing and updating assets so they'd work in TS2012 and it started me wondering if there was any further news.

SirGibby has been working on the update for several years now (literally). It is a complete rework and is getting closer but still some way off.

Thank you.

Thank you Sir Gibby and Tony for update info.

I purchased many years ago and still look with fondness at the printed route that was available.

Here's the real question. When and if it's finished will people who already have Murchison 2 have to purchase the revamped route or get updated for free or get it at a discounted price?

Here's the real question. When and if it's finished will people who already have Murchison 2 have to purchase the revamped route or get updated for free or get it at a discounted price?

Who knows... That could be many years from now. Mike is working slowly and carefully on this huge route with a lot of time into it and real-life.

Also still loving the 42" version in ts12, been running all the great diesals from trainz zone and on ocassions when I want extra steamers i have run the JNR ones from dls that are same gauge look happy running though the hills of N.Z.

Cant wait to see the update

Tom

Are there any screenshots of the new Murchison WIP available as promised in December.
I for one hope that this route will be available in TANE as no doubt this will load into TS2019 without any problem for those who want it. Some of the new affects might not be available but no doubt the artistic ability of the author will more than compensate for this if M2 is anything to go by.

Ken

Last edited:
Hello,

My 2 cents into this discussion. Murchison is (for me), the most amazing route for Trainz. There are many amazing routes I played with, inc all premium-ware routes from N3V, but somehow Murchison has got the vibe. Waiting patiently for TANE release.

Regards, Mimes

Hello,

My 2 cents into this discussion. Murchison is (for me), the most amazing route for Trainz. There are many amazing routes I played with, inc all premium-ware routes from N3V, but somehow Murchison has got the vibe. Waiting patiently for TANE release. Regards, Mimes
I spoke to Michael (SirGibby) again this morning. He's still hard at work completely revamping Murchison 2 for Tane SP3-SP4. I have seen some screenshots of some of the COMPLETELY re-vamped, re-worked area's and IMHO, they look incredible. (1000's of hours have already been put into the re-vamp)!!!

I for one are quite happy to wait, because I know, the longer it takes for Michael to complete, the more "incredibly detailed" it's going to be. (One thing I can assure all the Murchison 2 luv'ers is, "you won't be disappointed")...

Cheers, Mac...

I was also talking to Michael recently and he confirmed he is getting closer to completely revamping Murchison and expects to have screenshots available soon. He told me he has spent up to 6000 hours over the year in making this route. Although I have enjoyed Murchison with its versions over the years and just today worked one of the sessions on TS 2012 with my Rail Driver controller, I am patiently waiting while Sir Gibbie does his magic.

A good question given the near lack of any decent NZ routes. The only one I have is The Waiau Branch, which one day I'll update for TRS19, maybe..

We were promised more pictures Months ago but as yet we haven't seen any. I don't believe we will ever see the promised update!

It's still being worked on, there have been quite a few assets created by dinorius_redundicus uploaded to the DLS that contain the following statement, latest ones this month.

Requested by Michael Sutton (SirGibby).
which would seem to indicate Murchison is still ongoing.

Just have to be patient, as I understand it it's a complete rework not a quick fix.

Back