taming the AI drivers

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
Not that they are a wild bunch but they do have a lead foot.

In TRS19, the AI controlled trains a receiving a lot of "excessive acceleration" and "rough handling" notices when arriving and leaving stations. They go from line speed to 0 or from 0 to max in a flash. Even if the engine is capable of doing it, how do I moderate the acceleration to more comfortable levels? Do I have to modify the engine specs or is there another way? A rule perhaps?

This sounds like something that needs to be worked out in the program code more than anything else and I would stay away from modifying any engine-specs or mucking around with rules, or placing extra speed limits.

In other words report this as a bug and see what QA Team says...

bug submitted BUT
after further testing with another train, perhaps my test car has a hotrod engine. The new train starts and stops without any daemon speed changes, nice and sedate.

bug submitted BUT
after further testing with another train, perhaps my test car has a hotrod engine. The new train starts and stops without any daemon speed changes, nice and sedate.

Mass settings in the config maybe?

There are so many possibilities that can cause this including engine-specs, car/train mass, tractive effort, etc.

You can always email the QA team if you feel that you've submitted the request in error.

I think it says that for everything.
I'll be stopped with a bunch of cars. I put it in notch one and squeak forward and it tells me it was rough handling.
I go though a turn under the speed limit and it says I used excessive curve speed, etc.

I think it says that for everything.
I'll be stopped with a bunch of cars. I put it in notch one and squeak forward and it tells me it was rough handling.
I go though a turn under the speed limit and it says I used excessive curve speed, etc.

Tony mentioned that the developers are aware of the sensitivity of the messaging and they are working on that issue.

Back