Question

Patrick31

Trainz Driver
Hey all, im not new Trainz butnever build anything as a model railroad within trainz. So my question is how do you start ? I have Trainz 19 now and want to use that but how do you start building it as a model instead of prototypical ? I see people building them on tables with walls around it and such. Are these available to download that you can just place down . Or are there premade routes that are all setup and ready to be build on ? What am I looking for and is there anything else i need to know ?

Last edited:
First step - look at this "sticky" - [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?109444-Making-Model-Railroadz - which will take you through the steps and answer your questions about available assets.

Ray
[/FONT]

Model railways (railroads) are, like the real model layouts, just a scaled down version of the real thing. Download some plans for models from the internet and build it in Trainz. You might like to see my Westwold (Freeware on DLS) and Appen (Payware from TMR 17) for ideas.

and...

Sorry for the off topic Patrick31 but I just want to say hello to ray_whiley and being lazy I'm using your thread !! Ray has provided many 'full size' assets which help give the model railway a context, so check out his stuff on the DLS. For the second time in a year I have announced a return to building in Trainz, this time I hope to actually do so I hope you are keeping well Ray and ready to hold my hand through the learning process ! :D

Cheers

Chris

And Hello to you, too, Chris - without your range of digholes, walls, floors etc. I would never have got started in model railway simulation so, Patrick, be sure to look for assets named "C+ MR …" etc.

Ray

Back