Content Manager Date.

helian43

Trying to get sorted with 2019 but my content Manager Download Station filter seems to be stuck on 29 August. I get round this by making a specific filter but it is annoying that it does not load straight to the current date.
Is this a bug or what do you suggest.

Cheers and a merry christmas to you all.

On holiday in Australia for a few months and then back to Scotland.
Helian 43 aka Ian

Try deleting the Contents of wherever your userdata is Cache\Internet and a Database repair, that's usually worked for me when Content managers get stuck.

Try deleting the Contents of wherever your Cache\Internet and a Database repair, that's usually worked for me when Content managers get stuck.

Malc,
This folder, C:\Users\Helian41\AppData\Local\N3V Games\TANE\build teqcayol1\cache contains a large amount of CDP files (570 in total with a total of 241 mb) Before I delete and rebuild database is this the correct folder?
You have rescued me several times in the past so thanks for your help.
Ian aka helian43

Malc,
This folder, C:\Users\Helian41\AppData\Local\N3V Games\TANE\build teqcayol1\cache contains a large amount of CDP files (570 in total with a total of 241 mb) Before I delete and rebuild database is this the correct folder?
You have rescued me several times in the past so thanks for your help.
Ian aka helian43

I very much doubt it, the folder should be GB not MB of data. The latest update to the build will have yet again decided that the C drive is where it should be and not the folder that was used before. Redirect your setting, install to a previous folder.

Last edited:
The cache/internet folder is normally smaller anyway as it contains cached CDP files of content downloaded via Content Manager or in-game (it's normally the cache/internet folder that's responsible for things like stuck downloads).

A thought here though - are you using the Today filter or a cached version of that filter?

Shane

I very much doubt it, the folder should be GB not MB of data. The latest update to the build will have yet again decided that the C drive is where it should be and not the folder that was used before. Redirect your setting, install to a previous folder.

No that's the right folder we are talking cache not userdata, assuming Ian is using the default data location, it is supposed to get emptied but often does not and as Shane says is often the cause of stuck downloads.

Should be a load of cdps which are cached downloads or in the case of stuck downloads one or two corrupted partial downloaded cdps and some .gz files which are gzip files and can be opened with 7zip etc and contain a list of assets, may be related to downloads made, not sure on that though.

A thought here though - are you using the Today filter or a cached version of that filter?

Today filter doesn't list todays DLS assets in TRS19, it only lists anything downloaded edited or created, to get current new items just select DLS and click the date a couple of times to bring todays date to the top.

Good morning from an away-day wanderer...
Thanks to all three for your input.
Stageoach:- this problem has been with me since 2019 was first issued, so I dont think it is related to the last update.
Shane:- I am not using the today filter but the built in Download Station Filter.
Malc :- I think for the moment i will stick with a modified filter until the Final version of 2019 comes out. Then uninstall the beta version and start again. Still working in TANE anyway.

Thank you all for your support

Ian aka helian43

Being a long way from my home I only have limited access to my Trainz stuff ie backup discs etc. and would hate to be stuck out on a limb, born in 1941 the brain is not functioning as it used to. :eek:

Open CM and select download station. Click on upload date and it sorts to the oldest first, click it again and it will start with the latest. When it first opens it is sorted by name list.

Stagecoach,
Could not follow your suggestion BUT
Problem sorted, sort of!
open content manager, Click on TODAY, change INSTALLED to be FALSE. Voila!!!

Thanks to you all for your replies,
Ian aka helian43

On the top row of the content list you have name, status, asset ID, author username etc. One of these is upload date, click on any of these and that column will sort a-z or z-a. The upload date will sort the column into uploaded date order oldest to newest or second click newest to oldest.

Back